PADDY JACKSON

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by Setanta »

Yup!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Yes, I mean watch Ulster’s try reel from last term (when we were one defensive set from winning the URC) and Billy Burns never features at all……
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Burns actually is possibly the most creative of the remaining Irish out-halfs who play regularly. Sexton is wrapt up in cotton wool and only brought out for crucial games .

And whilst Sexton has an eye for the opportunities I personally consider Paddy has the greater all round skill set ( in sureness of his pass and the timing of a pass )
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Paddy named in the travelling squad for the game in Cork tomorrow.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Excellent!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Munster 14 Irish 19 :cheers:

PJ played the first half and last 14 mins of the second half. MOTM (probably >EW )

From Huge Rugby:

Kidney’s Exiles could not have dreamed of a more perfect start, working their way out to the right wing channel as Paddy Jackson found five eighth partner Benhard van Rensburg, who then charged forward before passing to Ollie Hassell-Collins.
The latter passed onto fellow outside back James Stokes, who, with much to do, navigated an avenue through the red rearguard with sublime acceleration that took the home side by surprise to finish well in the corner.
Jackson’s extras, from the touchline, split the posts at Musgrave Park and Irish were seven points to the good
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Highlights on youtube
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

From munsterfansforum

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
Jackson was their captain, so he led his team out. Crowd didn't seem to react to him, and tbh it was better that he was ignored than have a booing session like happened with Vunipola a few years back. Doesn't change what he is, or how bad a judgement call it was to have him involved at all, let alone as captain. Time to wipe the sh1t from our shoes and walk on.
It was tough to stomach the final image of him standing there smiling holding a trophy. I'm extremely disappointed in Kidney for playing him truth be told.

Some nice folks over on munsterfans forum. They are quick to forget the antics of Zebo, Murray etc.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Jetstream wrote:From munsterfansforum

Jackson was their captain, so he led his team out. Crowd didn't seem to react to him, and tbh it was better that he was ignored than have a booing session like happened with Vunipola a few years back. Doesn't change what he is, or how bad a judgement call it was to have him involved at all, let alone as captain. Time to wipe the sh1t from our shoes and walk on.
It was tough to stomach the final image of him standing there smiling holding a trophy. I'm extremely disappointed in Kidney for playing him truth be told.

Some nice folks over on munsterfans forum. They are quick to forget the antics of Zebo, Murray etc.
To be fair there is another guy defending him a bit and the right for kidney to pick him for the game. Paddy will always be a marmite in Ireland and there will be no changing of minds on either side. I'm glad his appearance didn't raise too many heckles in the wider media perhaps a bit if sense is settling in.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Jet

Your Remembrance of Zebo and Murray is based on an occurrence before he Jackson/Olding Trial --- of course there is an important and significant difference -- they were guilty of public humiliating the girl on social media . While Jackson and Olding where innocent of any offence other than a crass comment in a private message by Paddy Jackson to Olding about alot of "SPIT"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

All they have is anger. No brains or logic. Primitive and dangerous. Hope Paddy got home safe.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Jetstream wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:12 am From munsterfansforum

What is this "trophy" he refers to. Are the Turnips apeing the Jocks and commissioning meaningless silverware for games like this :scratch:

Hat's off to Deccie and LI again, for starting Paddy in Ireland, with the armband to boot >appl

As Jean says, opinion seems to be divided among the genuine rugby fans down there. The ones that actually bothered their holes to glance at the evidence tend to be more kindly disposed towards PJ.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

I challenged a number of Munster supporters recently when they raised PJ’s name and was surprised how quickly they wanted to change the subject when Murray and Zebo’s names were introduced and their hypocrisy was exposed.
Personally I am absolutely appalled by the Irish rugby media who find it difficult to even mention Paddy’s name or when they are reporting on LI never give any credit to his rugby prowess. Can you imagine the deluge of media which would have been churned out for instance had Joey Carberry been playing for LI and achieved the results and performances PJ had produced last season.How many headlines would have wanted to bring him home. Unfortunately his name is toxic to many and the IRFU have been complicit in that.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hard to understand that the one tested in court is the only one they take issue with. Its easy to explain. It's called bias.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I sense a feeling of embarrassing guilt In the Irish media , press and and the upper administrative rugby management with regard to Paddy Jackson in that none were willing to stand up and defend him when each and every one of them knew he was innocent . There is little doubt that they must have been aware that there was a witness ( female ) and that that witness stated what she saw was a consensual threesome and that the case could and would never succeed ---before the trial started . ( if I knew , a see no reason why they couldn't and didn't )

Which is why both Kidney and Les Kiss have to admired for enabling to continue to play rugby and display his talent.