Sharks v Ulster Saturday 22nd October 5:15pm KO (UK Time) Premier Sports 1

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Sharks v Ulster Saturday 22nd October 5:15pm KO (UK Time) Premier Sports 1

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:10 pm Options for rearranging? Will need to be during international break most likely. We could come back in a couple of weeks to help hendo get fit while 10 springboks are off around Europe.
During 6N most likely, they will be fully stacked and we will send the 2nd XV etc.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

'Just for more info for those not in the know, both teams likely went for a swim in the heavily polluted ocean in Durban at different times, those beaches have been dead for a while now and we have Ethekewni Municipality here in Durban to thank for not doing a better cleanup job.'

From the Rugby Fanatics FB Group
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Neill_M wrote:
Dave wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:10 pm Same Braai in Durban, both teams present...

Two birds and one stone...
Glasgow were apparently already starting to get sick when playing Sharks last weekend when Ulster were up in Joburg.
Hmm.. more likely this was no "accident".
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I feel sorry for the poor passenger sitting next to the bog on the flight home on Sunday.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Get them home and rested to have a real crack at munster now. It may a blessing in disguise if we can put out a decent team, as Farrell will want gametime for players. We could have fallen between stools by losing to the sharks and copping injuries which may have left us short against munster.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

jean valjean wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:04 pm Get them home and rested to have a real crack at munster now. It may a blessing in disguise if we can put out a decent team, as Farrell will want gametime for players. We could have fallen between stools by losing to the sharks and copping injuries which may have left us short against munster.
Very poor choice of words, imo. :duck:

Indeed that may be what caused it. :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

No pun intended. A good solid stool would be welcome I suspect.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

They won't fall between stools. There will be no gaps for a while.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Wick, wick, wick, wick, wick!!!!
This will be costly in finance and probably points.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:18 pm They won't fall between stools. There will be no gaps for a while.
They won't be left short either
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

This whole league is becoming a farce. The old league without South African teams was much better and organised. We get regular games and great Friday nights. Saturday nights at rugby are useless for me.
The gap between home games is getting larger and totally unpredictable. No season ticket for me next year as it is now a totally waste of money. I will simply buy tickets for the individual games I want to see and I know many feel the same.
If the rugby powers that be don't sort this out we will go the way of English rugby very quickly.
Bring back the old type league without South Africa or it could be the end of professional rugby as we know it in Ulster.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

The question of the league organisation got me thinking. Before the SA teams became involved I used to wait on the fixture list and choose 4 or 5 away games for a trip. The 2 Italian games were first on the list and then probably 2 West English games or may e a Scottish game in there. Early release of fixtures helped in getting cheaper flights and accommodation. I personally find the cost of a 2 to 3 week SA trip too expensive and with the 2 league type system the away options have been reduced. I'm now booking holidays before the fixture list is finalised. This results in me being away for some home games and any advantage that a season ticket had have now gone. This is even more relevant with the reductions in gates which makes getting individual tickets no problem. Are we in danger of forgetting about the supporters and totally focussing on TV revenue. On a related subject I have been very surprised by the lack of supporters at the SA home games. Are these clubs viable in the future without large injections of funding from individuals or commercial interests. Is this permitted in the League rules.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Totally agree Waggonsroll. I know of at least 14 supporters who will not waste money on purchasing seasons tickets next year. The fixture list is so badly organised that the benefits of having seasons tickets has been totally lost. Miss a few games and financially you are a loss. As the demand for game tickets has reduced it is simply easier and better to buy only for the games you want to go to. League officials need to wake up now to save the league. Also some sponsors are beginning to think that, in these difficult financial times, sponsorship is not financially worth it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Absolute sh1tshow this weekend. At least the scran in Wales doesn't postpone games.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:16 pm Absolute sh1tshow this weekend. At least the scran in Wales doesn't postpone games.
Dodgey faggots?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall