Munster v Ulster Sat Oct 29th 5:15pm KO RTE2 / Premier Sports 1 / Supersport / URC TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat Oct 29th 5:15pm KO RTE2 / Premier Sports 1 / Supersport / URC TV

Post by Dave »

HammerTime wrote:Made extremely hard work of that. Game should have been won and bonus point secured by halftime ffs. Ref Murphy was a joke, our own Murphy was a pure penalty machine and Doak was poor. Mucked up a 7 pointer and missed 3 kickable conversions. 13 points he single handedly left behind and cost us a bonus point and almost the match. Anyway, good to get the first win down there since 2014 … another monkey off our backs. A game we would have lost in the past so I suppose that is something.
The try yes but the kicks were not easy with the conditions. Cooney should have started.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat Oct 29th 5:15pm KO RTE2 / Premier Sports 1 / Supersport / URC TV

Post by Dave »

Sutherland was impressive. I knew he was a strong carrier but his breakdown threat was invaluable.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:18 pm Sutherland was impressive. I knew he was a strong carrier but his breakdown threat was invaluable.
He was close to MOTM on a 40 minute performance.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

First time I have ever said this: 'we won but we wuz robbed!'
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

BP lost but a win :red:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Dave wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:17 pm
HammerTime wrote:Made extremely hard work of that. Game should have been won and bonus point secured by halftime ffs. Ref Murphy was a joke, our own Murphy was a pure penalty machine and Doak was poor. Mucked up a 7 pointer and missed 3 kickable conversions. 13 points he single handedly left behind and cost us a bonus point and almost the match. Anyway, good to get the first win down there since 2014 … another monkey off our backs. A game we would have lost in the past so I suppose that is something.
The try yes but the kicks were not easy with the conditions. Cooney should have started.
Conditions weren’t great but weren’t awful either. Confident Cooney would have slotted 2/3. These things always end up costly for us at the end of the season.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

A wins a win, pity we didn't get the bonus point but would have settled for that before the match started
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:18 pm Sutherland was impressive. I knew he was a strong carrier but his breakdown threat was invaluable.
He has already shown he will bust a nut to make Ulster successful. He’ll do for me.
Niall Scannell’s cynical slap of the SH arm when off his feet was more of a yellow that Izzy’s. I hope the referee’s manager takes a good look at Murphys performance.
Where was Burns tonight? He had zero impact on this game.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

for dog and ulcer wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:14 pm Marty Moore deservedly MoM. 17 tackles. Non stop game.
Moore (Marty) was brilliant today. And was brilliant for 80 mins.
Stuart not so much.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Not many of us there but there was one Munster ‘fan’ who let his team down.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StandUp wrote:
He has already shown he will bust a nut to make Ulster successful. He’ll do for me.
Niall Scannell’s cynical slap of the SH arm when off his feet was more of a yellow that Izzy’s. I hope the referee’s manager takes a good look at Murphys performance.
Where was Burns tonight? He had zero impact on this game.
Amazing what some extra prime beef in the pack can do.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

StandUp wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:19 pm
for dog and ulcer wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:14 pm Marty Moore deservedly MoM. 17 tackles. Non stop game.
Stuart not so much.
Stuart?

If that’s referring to the ulster hooker, I thought he had a fine game. 15 or 16 tackles inside 60minutes, a few big carries and a decent showing in the lineout.

Sutherland was very good seriously agile and explosive for a prop.

Billy burns was non-existent. Big Stu wasn’t there to hold his hand.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Very true Dave. Plus, now Carter is finally starting to put himself about (now that he needs a new contract somewhere), the pack is imposing themselves on other teams.
Our half backs created a mismatch between forwards and backs tonight which we rarely see these days. The players have become almost interchangeable at times, but tonight the forwards won the game and the backs struggled to get into the game.
Doak had an unusually poor game, and Burns….
Great to see an Ulster pack carrying the team though, and still a few players to come back into the pack.
We are steadily building, and winning games we would have thrown away in recent years so for a grumpy prat, I’m happy with our general progress.
Perhaps our next “big signing” is Dan Carter making a comeback and playing at Ravenhill….
Ok I’ll put the whiskey away!
Last edited by StandUp on Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Big-al wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:22 pm
StandUp wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:19 pm
Stuart not so much.
Stuart?

If that’s referring to the ulster hooker, I thought he had a fine game. 15 or 16 tackles inside 60minutes, a few big carries and a decent showing in the lineout.

Sutherland was very good seriously agile and explosive for a prop.

Billy burns was non-existent. Big Stu wasn’t there to hold his hand.
No Al, Stuart Moore.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Tom Stewart was excellent.