Ulster v La Rochelle - Saturday (Sunday?) Ravenhill (RDS?)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v La Rochelle - Saturday (Sunday?) Ravenhill (RDS?)

Post by pwrmoore »

No frost in my part of east Belfast this morning!
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

No frost where I am either.

2C here.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

rugoval wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:37 am Can someone please explain why when Leo Cullen was being interviewed 30 minutes before Leinster’s game said, their game was ‘touch and go’ only that afternoon while they were wheeling the heat lamp system over the RDS pitch? Why was a decision not made for them to move their game venue as early as the decision was made for us. Why did Ulster Rugby not get hold of that set of heat lamps and load them on a lorry to bring them up to Ravenhill? They would have got volunteers to help use them on our pitch. Maybe Leinster’s management determination to see the job done reflects that of their team on the pitch playing, whereas Ulster’s management reflects that of Ulster’s lack of team ruthlessness determination to get a job done. In short did Leinster’s management display a confidence to the powers that be that they could get the job done in a way Ulster’s management couldn’t? For consideration…..
Probably ROG & La Rochelle forcing them into a decision. Last week at the supporters evening the supporters were cheering when ROGs name was mentioned.

Ulster rugby have produced a much more successful coach than ROG, someone who actually won a trophy at ulster and we never hear his name mentioned, never mind cheered.

I wonder would McCall get cheered at a Munster or Leinster supporters evening?

Ulster rugby is a bunch of idiots and sooks from top to bottom.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

In all the mediocrity, in all the lambasting of players and backroom staff one name escapes criticism. John Petrie.
Everyone says he is a jolly nice chap who visits clubs and engages with Ulster fans wherever he goes.
But as a CEO he has done Sweet nanny Adams.
Can anyone list one improvement he has made since his appointment.
But sure everything will be allright . He will leading the singing at the Ulster Carol Service next week. If it's not moved to Dublin because of weather conditions.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:28 am Glasgow managed to freeze an artificial pitch.
Doesn't matter what sort of pitch it is whether it freezes or not.

Once it's frozen though, it would be like playing on concrete.

Only people like rumnplay on concrete.

It's why there's no character left in the game these days.

It's character building to play on concrete, ice etc.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Big-al wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:18 am No frost where I am either.
No frost where I am at Dundonald

I'm in the kitchen

Doesn't look like any outside either though. Just the pile of ice that I've taken off the pond and bird baths every morning this past week.
I'm not arguing -
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

JP saying that pitch is playable this morning, EPCR is a joke shop!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

mea97mb wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:03 am JP saying that pitch is playable this morning, EPCR is a joke shop!
Sue EPCR!!!

BIG FIGHT!!!

BIG FIGHT!!!
I'm not arguing -
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

No doubt Ulster Rugby will "take the learnings going forward". The hope is no doubt a forlorn one that sometime instead of putting their trust in Jesus they might actually raise the bottle to object to the inequitable standards of refereeing, disciplinary procedure outcomes and pitch assessment which the club is subjected to. But as long as the Carol Service goes ahead all will be well!!
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Disappointing a pitch inspection couldn't have waited until this morning given the forecast for temperatures to improve. The teams could still have travelled to Dublin later this morning if surface deemed unfit. Someone quoted cullan as saying the rds pitch was touch and go a few hours before kickoff so what is the difference?
Almost feel we should have insisted on it at ravenhill and forfeit the game if it couldn't go ahead.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

for dog and ulcer wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:20 am No doubt Ulster Rugby will "take the learnings going forward". The hope is no doubt a forlorn one that sometime instead of putting their trust in Jesus they might actually raise the bottle to object to the inequitable standards of refereeing, disciplinary procedure outcomes and pitch assessment which the club is subjected to. But as long as the Carol Service goes ahead all will be well!!
I raised several bottles (and glasses) last night. Wishing I hadn’t now, but I’ll take the learnings going forward and do the same thing next time. It’s character building (and wallet emptying).
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

mea97mb wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:03 am JP saying that pitch is playable this morning, EPCR is a joke shop!
JP needs to grow a set and tell the EPCR we have a playable pitch and the game will go ahead at Ravenhill- that’s it !!!
If they insist on the Aviva then he should simply tell them Ulster will not travel
Won’t happen of course - too soft 🙄
Finished
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rugoval wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:37 am Can someone please explain why when Leo Cullen was being interviewed 30 minutes before Leinster’s game said, their game was ‘touch and go’ only that afternoon while they were wheeling the heat lamp system over the RDS pitch? Why was a decision not made for them to move their game venue as early as the decision was made for us. Why did Ulster Rugby not get hold of that set of heat lamps and load them on a lorry to bring them up to Ravenhill?
Thise heat lamps are the property of Leinster .... sorry, IRFU, so clearly only for the use of Leinster.

As to why they were permitted to wait before making a decision, EPCR stated, "Ulster aren't Leinster, are they? Wot's their problem? Just like Warwick ain't Healey. Capiche! Besides, Luke Pearce had already tried Belfast for some last minute Christmas shopping and didn't get what he was looking for, so he thought a wee trip to Dublin might be worth a try"
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:22 am Disappointing a pitch inspection couldn't have waited until this morning given the forecast for temperatures to improve. The teams could still have travelled to Dublin later this morning if surface deemed unfit. Someone quoted cullan as saying the rds pitch was touch and go a few hours before kickoff so what is the difference?
Almost feel we should have insisted on it at ravenhill and forfeit the game if it couldn't go ahead.
Assume the difference is that they had an alternative pitch a short distance away at Lansdowne Road, whereas our contingency was a hundred miles away, when it should have been Gibson Park. With a name like that, IRFU/EPCR wouldn't have thought twice about allowing it.
I'm not arguing -
Godots bedpan
Novice

Post by Godots bedpan »

Dave wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:20 pm What has the weather been like in Dublin this week?
No night above freezing this week, car told me it was -3 one night where I am. It was positively baltic in the RDS last night, zero chance of your beer getting warm.