Ulster v Munster Sunday 1 January 5:15pm KO TG4 / Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Munster Sunday 1 January 5:15pm KO TG4 / Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:09 pmMcFarland out
McFarseland Out
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Munster Sunday 1 January 5:15pm KO TG4 / Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Jackie Brown wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:11 pm I can't wait to hear Petrie on Twatter later, I wonder who he will blame for his own sh1tshow.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
ERC
Exterminate all rational thought
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Ulster v Munster Sunday 1 January 5:15pm KO TG4 / Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by kingofthehill »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
fermain wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:11 pm No we didnt deserve to lose it, thats way too negative. We didnt play well, but we played as good if not better than Munster so why did we desreve to lose? I just don't get it.

I'm by no means in the Ulster are brill brigade, but nor will I criticise like 1F when we have a few bad games. :red:
Fermain, those last 10 encapsulate exactly why we deserved to lose. Spineless, clueless, no fight. 2 Lions and a World Cup winner versys Turnips B and C. This trajectory has been apparent from close to end of last season with the odd decent performance masking the rot underneath. Mcfarlands coaching team are unable to take this team further. What's new to refresh a tired message? We're certainly not fighting for every inch.
Sure Dinger is new. Be careful what you wish for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by kingofthehill on Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dave wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:17 pm
StandUp wrote:
Dave wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:09 pmMcFarland out
We said that about McCall and look what he did.
And Matt Williams, the cowboy, Les Kiss...all bluffers.
When Mcall went to Sarries He had Ventner to school him
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

fermain wrote:No we didnt deserve to lose it, thats way too negative. We didnt play well, but we played as good if not better than Munster so why did we desreve to lose? I just don't get it.

I'm by no means in the Ulster are brill brigade, but nor will I criticise like 1F when we have a few bad games. :red:
Munster scored more points. That's how it works.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Columbo wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:22 pm Absolutely SHOCKING game management in the final quarter - AGAIN. Appalling loss of composure in defence under pressure - AGAIN. Almost NO cutting edge in attack - AGAIN.

Tragic to watch
Yep. Absolutely.
No real structure.
No bottle.
Defensive cohesion on the line pretty good but elswhere, dreadful.
Can't agree with others that Tom Stewart is the bee's knees. His one-man breaks too often just get him isolated.
How can we lose the ball or give away a penalty so often when taking it into contact?
What's the point of throwing to Jones in the lineout? That's at least one of the reasions we lose so many lineouts in the opposition 22. There are others.
Stockdale wasn't at the match.
Bobby Baloucoune the best of our fifteen, and not for the try.
Thought Billy Burns wasn't bad.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

fermain wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:00 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:59 pm We deserve to lose this.
disagree
Correct, we were the better team, always left the game open by taking points from penalties in 1st half rather than pressing advantage home. Always left it so that Munster had a sniff.

Better team lost, smarter team won.

Moore injury looks season ending, if so season ending for Ulster also. Penalty conceded of 1st scrum immediately after he went off.
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

solidarity wrote:
Columbo wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:22 pm Absolutely SHOCKING game management in the final quarter - AGAIN. Appalling loss of composure in defence under pressure - AGAIN. Almost NO cutting edge in attack - AGAIN.

Tragic to watch
Yep. Absolutely.
No real structure.
No bottle.
Defensive cohesion on the line pretty good but elswhere, dreadful.
Can't agree with others that Tom Stewart is the bee's knees. His one-man breaks too often just get him isolated.
How can we lose the ball or give away a penalty so often when taking it into contact?
What's the point of throwing to Jones in the lineout? That's at least one of the reasions we lose so many lineouts in the opposition 22. There are others.
Stockdale wasn't at the match.
Bobby Baloucoune the best of our fifteen, and not for the try.
Thought Billy Burns wasn't bad.
Lineout was brutal. Tom Stewart is a belter but needs to sort those pressure lineouts put esp in scoring positions.

Moore going off and Gareth M coming on Image

thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Whats the excuse this week?

We are mentally fragile. Terrible AGAIN.

If you are able to play for 80 minutes against ulster you will probably beat us, because we cannot cope with teams that won’t roll over. We are embarrassingly bad at seeing games out.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Anyone know the penalty count?

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

UR representation at 6N will be pretty thin.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

kingofthehill wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:29 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
fermain wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:11 pm No we didnt deserve to lose it, thats way too negative. We didnt play well, but we played as good if not better than Munster so why did we desreve to lose? I just don't get it.

Fermain, those last 10 encapsulate exactly why we deserved to lose. Spineless, clueless, no fight. 2 Lions and a World Cup winner versys Turnips B and C. This trajectory has been apparent from close to end of last season with the odd decent performance masking the rot underneath. Mcfarlands coaching team are unable to take this team further. What's new to refresh a tired message? We're certainly not fighting for every inch.
Sure Dinger is new. Be careful what you wish for.

Dingers hardly new. Semantics. I doubt I wish for a clueless defence. Ok KOH/ Fermain, what's the answer?

Given we are a professional "franchise" are these performances acceptable to our "share" and stakeholders? This coaching ticket is not getting the best from its resources and investments. How many more full houses will we get after tonight with rot like that?
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

Can’t believe I’m saying it, because up until a couple of months ago I thought the sun shone out of McFarland’s hoop - but right now the thought of all that ‘fight for every inch’ BS is making me grind my teeth. Maybe just frustration talking I don’t know. But it feels like the whole ticket is a busted flush - and chopping Soper and Bell, but leaving Dan in place wouldn’t sit right, sad to say but if this continues feels like his credibility is gone..
..one more thing
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

solidarity wrote: Thought Billy Burns wasn't bad.
What do you expect to see from an outhalf?

He doesn't kick, he lets his scrumhalves do that for him. He doesn't tackle, he hides on the wing and even then doesn't make the tackle, BB saved him on at least one occasion tonight. He doesn't control. He doesn't tactical kick. He doesn't even stand at first receiver half the time.

There is more wrong in the setup than Billy. But if he is the best we can hope for, we deserve to win nothing, ever.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

As they ran out for the 2nd half.
DMcF: "Whatever you do, don't attempt to defend the nine point lead."
Team : " What were the last 4 words?"
Finger: "Never mind."
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk