Ulster v Munster Sunday 1 January 5:15pm KO TG4 / Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Munster Sunday 1 January 5:15pm KO TG4 / Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:58 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:51 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:46 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:41 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:35 pm

We were the better team, always left the game open by taking points from penalties in 1st half rather than pressing advantage home. Always left it so that Munster had a sniff.

Better team lost, smarter team won.

Moore injury looks season ending, if so season ending for Ulster also. Penalty conceded of 1st scrum immediately after he went off.
Sorry Uno9, the smarter team is the better team... :scratch:

Long term Loss of Moore could be season changing
We dominated for most of the match, Munster managed the game much better, and made the most of opportunities given.
And that's my point- hence they were the better team. In Pro rugby the scoreboard rarely lies.
I suspect most of us knew it would play out this way- and I'm no John Dee.
Null point.

Correct on 2nd part, stevie wonder on a galloping horse would of seen that
Im Correct on both points, have to disagree. But we're dancing on the head of a pin here.
Exterminate all rational thought
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster v Munster Sunday 1 January 5:15pm KO TG4 / Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:29 pm
Dublin4 wrote:That's the problem, Dave.
Loads of our season ticket holders down here are saying: "why are we paying good money to watch hopelessly one sided games or games with nothing at stake?"
Leinster's first serious game of the season will be at the end of March in the last 16 match. Munster won't even make the Champions Cup next season. Ulster are not going great and Connacht look even more of a developmental project than ever.
Disband Connacht. Go to three teams with a draft selection system.
At this rate they could disband two teams
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

McFarland raging in his interview. Said we were terrible. Didn’t look after the ball. Were careless. As in didn’t care.
Up to him to do something about it.
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Good to see a bit of honesty at last and not the usual ‘we’ll take our learnings and move on’. Hopefully not too little too late
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I am not sure about disbanding Munster. Their fans could kick up a stink about it.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dublin4 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:28 pm I am not sure about disbanding Munster. Their fans could kick up a stink about it.
:lol: feck em. They haven’t even paid for their stadium.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Columbo wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:57 pm That’s very harsh on Stewart, who was a bright spot and is an exceptional player.. our lineout has always been prone to yips, back to the days of Besty..

More broadly solidarity kind of nails it, few sports are as structure-based as rugby, and the really strong sides are those where the a) the structures are good (ie well-conceived by the coaches to the advantage of the group of players) and b) the players buy in to the extent that they become second nature (think of Irelands defence under Farrell). We’re currently playing as if not only do the players not buy into whatever game plan we’re trying to impose, but they’ve never even heard of it. So not surprising that we go to pieces under any kind of pressure - and means that pointing the finger at this player or that player completely misses the point IMO..
It's not his lineout throwing I have a problem with.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

kingofthehill wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:49 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:29 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
fermain wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:11 pm No we didnt deserve to lose it, thats way too negative. We didnt play well, but we played as good if not better than Munster so why did we desreve to lose? I just don't get it.

I'm by no means in the Ulster are brill brigade, but nor will I criticise like 1F when we have a few bad games. :red:
Fermain, those last 10 encapsulate exactly why we deserved to lose. Spineless, clueless, no fight. 2 Lions and a World Cup winner versys Turnips B and C. This trajectory has been apparent from close to end of last season with the odd decent performance masking the rot underneath. Mcfarlands coaching team are unable to take this team further. What's new to refresh a tired message? We're certainly not fighting for every inch.
Sure Dinger is new. Be careful what you wish for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dingers hardly new. Semantics. I doubt I wish for a clueless defence. Ok KOH/ Fermain, what's the answer?

Given we are a professional "franchise" are these performances acceptable to our "share" and stakeholders? This coaching ticket is not getting the best from its resources and investments. How many more full houses will we get after tonight with rot like that?
Genuinely don’t know CI Image

Doesn’t seem that long ago that we were having a cracking 38mins against Leinster (albeit to fold).

Discipline and defence is killing us at the minute. No doubt about it, a lot of it is school boy stuff.

The worry for me is how mentally fragile the players are. Rugby is a confidence game and whatever has happened since the 2nd half in the Leinster game has really hurt us.

Going forward I would like to see Ulster play a fairly settled team for a while. Burns in and out with injuries doesn’t help a team.

Maybe I should rephrase- what would Leinster do? Munter have a new team bedding in and rightly need time. But are already showing exponential improvements through a coherent coaching strategy playing to the strengths of a limited squad, bolstered by some astute recent signings. If they get Snyman back and sort their front row, they will be there or thereabouts.

McFarlands management team has evolved over 3-4 years but not for the better. Dinger is 5 levels down from Payne. What does Malone do?
Some selections are truly puzzling, even allowing for injuries. Do they even know their best squad and combinations?

I've said repeatedly our strength and conditioning is substandard. I give you Jones, Reid and Mcelroy... Our young players also repeatedly stall in their development after 20-21. That's down to the coaching ticket/ underpinnjng development structures.

Leinster CEO and board would clear this lot out. Face it most of our record defeats and embarassing capitulations have come under DmcF. He was given a by ball first 2 seasons after Kiss and Sick note. But we haven't just stalled- we're in free fall with no end in sight.

What should happen if we lose to Benetton? Not inconceivable- good pack and will fancy their chances with top 8 in sight. So where's the end point where UR has to bite the bullet and cut out the abcess?
Gawd help us at Sharks
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Benetton could well beat us. They will be eyeing this match as a possible result.
As will Lions, Zebre and Dragons.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Sack Dan and you'll get Bryn and Dinger running the show.

Jobs for the boys.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Jackie Brown wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:37 pm Sack Dan and you'll get Bryn and Dinger running the show.

Jobs for the boys.

Or Big JD.

What's H doing these days? :thumleft: :red:
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

StandUp wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:26 pm McFarland raging in his interview. Said we were terrible. Didn’t look after the ball. Were careless. As in didn’t care.
Up to him to do something about it.
So are they not listening/ lost confidence in the "message?"
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:41 pm
Jackie Brown wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:37 pm Sack Dan and you'll get Bryn and Dinger running the show.

Jobs for the boys.

Or Big JD.

What's H doing these days? :thumleft: :red:
Not sure an actor from Line of Duty would be a reasonable replacement
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:33 pm
kingofthehill wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:49 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:29 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Fermain, those last 10 encapsulate exactly why we deserved to lose. Spineless, clueless, no fight. 2 Lions and a World Cup winner versys Turnips B and C. This trajectory has been apparent from close to end of last season with the odd decent performance masking the rot underneath. Mcfarlands coaching team are unable to take this team further. What's new to refresh a tired message? We're certainly not fighting for every inch.
Sure Dinger is new. Be careful what you wish for.

Dingers hardly new. Semantics. I doubt I wish for a clueless defence. Ok KOH/ Fermain, what's the answer?

Given we are a professional "franchise" are these performances acceptable to our "share" and stakeholders? This coaching ticket is not getting the best from its resources and investments. How many more full houses will we get after tonight with rot like that?
Genuinely don’t know CI Image

Doesn’t seem that long ago that we were having a cracking 38mins against Leinster (albeit to fold).

Discipline and defence is killing us at the minute. No doubt about it, a lot of it is school boy stuff.

The worry for me is how mentally fragile the players are. Rugby is a confidence game and whatever has happened since the 2nd half in the Leinster game has really hurt us.

Going forward I would like to see Ulster play a fairly settled team for a while. Burns in and out with injuries doesn’t help a team.

Maybe I should rephrase- what would Leinster do? Munter have a new team bedding in and rightly need time. But are already showing exponential improvements through a coherent coaching strategy playing to the strengths of a limited squad, bolstered by some astute recent signings. If they get Snyman back and sort their front row, they will be there or thereabouts.

McFarlands management team has evolved over 3-4 years but not for the better. Dinger is 5 levels down from Payne. What does Malone do?
Some selections are truly puzzling, even allowing for injuries. Do they even know their best squad and combinations?

I've said repeatedly our strength and conditioning is substandard. I give you Jones, Reid and Mcelroy... Our young players also repeatedly stall in their development after 20-21. That's down to the coaching ticket/ underpinnjng development structures.

Leinster CEO and board would clear this lot out. Face it most of our record defeats and embarassing capitulations have come under DmcF. He was given a by ball first 2 seasons after Kiss and Sick note. But we haven't just stalled- we're in free fall with no end in sight.

What should happen if we lose to Benetton? Not inconceivable- good pack and will fancy their chances with top 8 in sight. So where's the end point where UR has to bite the bullet and cut out the abcess?
Gawd help us at Sharks
Couldn’t have put it better 👏
Finished
Chris Montez
Novice

Post by Chris Montez »

'You don't loose, you learn' - except if you are Ulster. I am done with this rinse and repeat bullshit with this team. The problem (or solution) is that it is becoming more frequent and as a result things will come to a head sooner. Mentally weak / unfit/ uninterested / lack of squad depth / all off the above - I don't really care to analyse or guess what the issue is, but for those that get paid to do precisely that, it is clear that they have failed in their job, and for that there needs to be repurcussions.