Ulster v Munster Sunday 1 January 5:15pm KO TG4 / Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

twiglet
Initiate

Re: Ulster v Munster Sunday 1 January 5:15pm KO TG4 / Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by twiglet »

Where did all the yellow Ulster Rugby flegs appear from?
I know why some 'supporters' wave the Ulster Provincial flags but Ulster Rugby should be white.
So It Is
Initiate

Re: Ulster v Munster Sunday 1 January 5:15pm KO TG4 / Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by So It Is »

Is he gone yet?
Tuna
Novice

Post by Tuna »

Petrie is creating an Ulster Rugby brand. Colour is yellow
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

twiglet wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:31 am Where did all the yellow Ulster Rugby flegs appear from?
I know why some 'supporters' wave the Ulster Provincial flags but Ulster Rugby should be white.
If I am reading this post wrong then I apologise, but if you are trying to make some sort of political point, then you should f¥ck off and die.
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

What a shambles. Ulster have not become a bad team overnight but it has been coming and some of us have kidded ourselves and papered over the cracks.
OK we have guys coming back from injury needing game time but tonight they looked as if they have never ever played together. We have a brave out half who puts his body on the line, gets clobbered, and often plays through injury. He can at times get the line going but do not expect him to produce any long kicks along the line either out of defence or in attack it just does not happen. We are back to aimless kicks from the back of the ruck from Cooney and Doak. We had no success with retention of these kicks so what do we do ... continue to kick aimlessly. What do we do when we should be managing out a game .... kick aimlessly to the oppoisition inviting an attack in response. Line out was fair until we got into a pressure position within the Munster 22. So what do we do on the three occassions when we got there...... throw long and lose the ball.
We lost so much when Payne left and we get a new defence coach who to date has brought nothing to the team ,we have reshuffled the coaching team and in so doing put people out of their area of expertise and perhaps put square pegs into round holes. Consider the coaching teams in Lienster and Munster at present and their pedigree, quaility and experience. We have regressed and have done nothing about it. Where is the agression,fight for every inch!!!!! When are we going to have forwards run onto the ball. How often have we seen the style of rugby we play be adjusted on the pitch to match conditions or opponents playmaking.
As I watched the stretcher creep onto the pitch to pick up Marty Moore I thought that just about sums up Ulster Rugby was the bloody thing charged!!!!! It would not surprise me if it wasn't but hey what's it matter.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Iircc,Bell was once a coach at Dungannon, he was asked to be DOR , his reply was “ I don’t want to be a rugby coach, fast forward, humph took him to Gloucester, got sacked , went to Glasgow and got sacked , yes he is pretty brad pitt , but Dan knows that ( yes Dan that is a control freak and surrounded by yea men ) Bell is there , inept and going to be the fall guy to save Dan, let’s not start n the CEO who makes Logan now look good ,UR Agm employing average staff
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

StandUp wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:38 am
twiglet wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:31 am Where did all the yellow Ulster Rugby flegs appear from?
If I am reading this post wrong then I apologise, but if you are trying to make some sort of political point, then you should f¥ck off and die.
But has a point
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

nonplussed wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:23 pm
StandUp wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:20 pm Ballyclare? I hear good things are happening there re. the development.
Its all coming along nicely. We had 600 + at the game yesterday
Didn’t
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

nonplussed wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:08 pm Was at the game... Had a great time catching uo with old friends from here and Limerick . The match was background music at best.

Ravenhill is dead... The entertainment venue that is the Kingspan is poor.

I take my kids to matches occasionally, they have a great time hanging with their pals... And as long as there are families eating the over priced food, 20s and 30s pre loading before a night out and auld ballixes like me grumping and taking kids along, the mediocrity will remain...

Thank the lord i watched a cracking game at my own club yday where neither side left anything on the pitch.
We were 40s - 60s pre loading before a night out.

Nothing wrong with that

There’ll be more noise in Treviso next week though.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

justinr73 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:28 am
nonplussed wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:08 pm Was at the game... Had a great time catching uo with old friends from here and Limerick . The match was background music at best.

Ravenhill is dead... The entertainment venue that is the Kingspan is poor.

I take my kids to matches occasionally, they have a great time hanging with their pals... And as long as there are families eating the over priced food, 20s and 30s pre loading before a night out and auld ballixes like me grumping and taking kids along, the mediocrity will remain...

Thank the lord i watched a cracking game at my own club yday where neither side left anything on the pitch.
We were 40s - 60s pre loading before a night out.

Nothing wrong with that

There’ll be more noise in Treviso next week though.
Good
For
You ,you are awesome supporter
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Thanks.

Look out for me on the tele.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:18 pm
Chris there is an underying pathology to UR which has never been addressed- the rinse and repeat cycle can only be broken by culture change and ruthless pursuit of excellence in all areas. Look at our under performance in top division of AIL, free fall of the club game, shocking lack iof support and development of the women's game in Ulster, etc etc. The DNA of " do rightly" and accepting mediocrity without sanction permeates UR.

We've systematically betrayed and dismantled the work of Jimmy D and Club Ulster ( for 10 years one of the best club sides in WR,) and this virulent strain of mediocrity and "make do" has become our signature.
Despite our large fan base and history, we are a joke in poor taste- given current financial and economic constraints, its taking the p#ss of the loyal fan base to expect us to spend hard earned cash given the squander of talent, resources and goodwill we've been witnessing. In provincial terms we are seen as a joke- spineless capitulators. Who's the Ladybois now?

The apparent lack of "give a shyte" in the Jersey, exposed tonight and over the last number of weeks, by well paid pros ( paid to play a game for our province most of us would do for free- and many did so) means they correctly should feel the furnace of criticism from the fanbase- as Pros expected to be paid as pros, this comes with the territory- sh#t or get off the pot. Clear out the mediocre and complacent.

I suspect too many at UR are still living off 99, 2006; gloriously isolated one offs in the pro era where UR have been found to be decidedly amateurish whilst others have evolved.
this. good post. >appl
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Tuna wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:37 am Petrie is creating an Ulster Rugby brand. Colour is yellow
Yellow is both ironic and apposite
Exterminate all rational thought
Duckjnr
Novice

Post by Duckjnr »

There’s a lot of talk on this thread and others about Payne in the context of the defence standards (or lack of) since his departure.. however perhaps the influence he had to our attacking structures (even though not officially responsible for them) is being as keenly felt?
NS
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

There was plenty of fight in tryline defence a lot of the time, ergo at the end of the first half, the fault for Healy’s try was the four missed tackles in the middle of the pitch.

I don’t see any attack, we’re toothless and predictable. I look back at the Zebre game, as handy an opposition as you’ll see, and I was as angry/frustrated after that as at the other December games because we were so random looking, no structure and lacking any plan or coordination. Trimble nailed it after the game when he sees us regressing. Who is coaching attack?

Who couldn’t have felt good for Graham Rowntree when he near slammed the table with relief at the end, seems like a really good guy and he is building something, so fair dues. At the start he was open, knew what Ulster would do (maul) and countered it into a toothless, disorganised shambles. I, again, ask why our guys, knowing so well that this is what opposition coaches will do, then still do the same thing without variety!

Tom Stewart is a star in the making but will someone sit down with him and explain the rules. Lifting a player’s leg in a maul is a penalty, so when you’re defending a maul in future Tom, and you decide that you’ll lift the guy’s leg anyway, just for the craic like, would you ever have a bit of wit!

The driver of the buggy, she is that person driving at 45mph that you were stuck behind this morning, word is that poor oul Marty (and best wishes) still hasn’t made it to the changing room.

Final note, Munster had a six day turnaround, we had nine, yet we looked the more knackered. One thing that we can surely train any player is fitness?

Jacob son, great to see you looking more like yourself t, but you’ve just got to catch those balls, unopposed, awful. Sad to see where Hume is at and Baloucoune, for all X-factor, just has to get more of a dog in him and get involved.