La Rochelle v Ulster (if you can’t be arsed to come to the game you can at least look up the TV details yourselves)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: La Rochelle v Ulster (if you can’t be arsed to come to the game you can at least look up the TV details yourselves)

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

mea97mb wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:23 pm
HammerTime wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:21 pm These late losses are killing me.
What's worse is that I expect it to happen now, we need to be 2 scores ahead when the clock goes red as we are constantly conceding late. Warwick was incredibly stupid, clearly on his knees and ref shouting to let go and he doesn't Ffs!
Plucky losers are BRILL!!! :cheers:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
mea97mb
Squire

Re: La Rochelle v Ulster (if you can’t be arsed to come to the game you can at least look up the TV details yourselves)

Post by mea97mb »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:25 pm
mea97mb wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:23 pm
HammerTime wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:21 pm These late losses are killing me.
What's worse is that I expect it to happen now, we need to be 2 scores ahead when the clock goes red as we are constantly conceding late. Warwick was incredibly stupid, clearly on his knees and ref shouting to let go and he doesn't Ffs!
Plucky losers are BRILL!!! :cheers:
Signs have been there all season, even when we were winning early in season we were always allowing the opposition to score last but we were far enough ahead. Now that we aren't far enough ahead the last score is the winning score.
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

That’s not one to put into the thrown away or late collapse categories. La Rochelle were knocking the whole half and it took 81 minutes for them to get through. Outstanding effort, but absolutely gutting result. Being an ulster fan isn’t easy.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Madigan played the entire game with a chip on his shoulder! Real leadership out of him.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Keeps us in the Parker Pen zone.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

I'll take going out on our shields
Last edited by CIMANFOREVER on Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exterminate all rational thought
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:34 pm Keeps us in the Parker Pen zone.
IF we win next week and scrap into 8th place, we play Leinster who will top the other pool.

Sell out at Lansdowne Road and I believe away side gets a 1/4 of the gate.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:33 pm Madigan played the entire game with a chip on his shoulder! Real leadership out of him.
As he pointed out to ref, but ref refused to check, timoney's disallowed try was knocked out of his hand by rochelle player, ergo not a knock on by Timoney. when Timoney then fell on the ball, TRY.

That said, I thought ref had a decent game.

The fact that Rochelle also knocked on in build-up to their try is neither here nor there. Rochelle player clearly thought so as they rushed conversion to get whistle blown before ref changed his mind.

We wuz robbed really.
I'm not arguing -
Hawkeye
Novice

Post by Hawkeye »

I’m hoping that they build on this performance - lock it into the memory bank. I know they lost before anyone says so but the spirit was there. Another good point that it wasn’t a fully loaded team. The real Hendy was back leading by example. I’m afraid Jacob needs game time in the A team or even the AIL to build up his confidence - and skills.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

World Cup final next week v sale with their loss. A chance to put this atrocious period behind us.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I propose a change of the laws (to mitigate against serious head injuries - obviously) that matches be reduced to 76-78 minutes (38 or 39 minutes per half.)

Gotta take these head injuries seriously, ya know.
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:We were beaten before a ball was kicked.

Attitude was there that hasn't been.

Gutted, but can take that defeat.
+1
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Would have snatched your hand off for a bonus point before the game. Hopefully the fight shown today becomes the baseline from here on. A win next week is a must now, I don't care if qualify or not. This shambles of a run started with the sale game and it would be nice we can end it by righting that wrong.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Hawkeye wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:39 pm I’m afraid Jacob needs game time in the A team or even the AIL to build up his confidence - and skills.
Use him in the half-time entertainment matches - might give him some confidence if he could manage a try in one of those?

Big "IF" I know.
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:34 pm Keeps us in the Parker Pen zone.
IF we win next week and scrap into 8th place, we play Leinster who will top the other pool.

Sell out at Lansdowne Road and I believe away side gets a 1/4 of the gate.
Good job we won't win.