6 Nations 2023

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: 6 Nations 2023

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:28 am It's about time Georgia got a look in.

Wales could take a year off and still have the same players.
Gatland used the teamsheet from the last time he was in charge
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Let's not forget that gatland Gatland is a gatland used to smacking Irish ar$es. I must say I guldered when he dropped that gatland O'Driscoll. The howling from the 4 proud provinces amused me greatly. Better still he was right, at that stage O'Ba$tard was hanging on damaging his legacy for a few more caps and moments in the spotlight. NOt worth his place in the Irish team. So good on yah Gats, ya Gatland.

However the current hysteria amongst Patricks is almost as amusing. Whilst I will find it hard to cheer against McCloskey, should he not be selected I'll find myself hoping that Biggar has a blinder, Alun Wynn is the usual cunning Gatland he is, that Tipuric shows his continued excellent and that wee Jac can get into the Irish back row and halves.

Looking forward to it, not expecting a Patrick humiliation, but ready and willing to laugh at it.

Bring them home ya FIRFUCs, you've ruined their best years, ya Gatlands. Does anyone know if Donal Spring has died in agony yet?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ElmoIsDead
Novice

Post by ElmoIsDead »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:39 am Let's not forget that gatland Gatland is a gatland used to smacking Irish ar$es. I must say I guldered when he dropped that gatland O'Driscoll. The howling from the 4 proud provinces amused me greatly. Better still he was right, at that stage O'Ba$tard was hanging on damaging his legacy for a few more caps and moments in the spotlight. NOt worth his place in the Irish team. So good on yah Gats, ya Gatland.

However the current hysteria amongst Patricks is almost as amusing. Whilst I will find it hard to cheer against McCloskey, should he not be selected I'll find myself hoping that Biggar has a blinder, Alun Wynn is the usual cunning Gatland he is, that Tipuric shows his continued excellent and that wee Jac can get into the Irish back row and halves.

Looking forward to it, not expecting a Patrick humiliation, but ready and willing to laugh at it.

Bring them home ya FIRFUCs, you've ruined their best years, ya Gatlands. Does anyone know if Donal Spring has died in agony yet?
Are you 9 ?
I'm guessing your mouth is nowhere near as big without the keyboard to hide behind but really, are you 9?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

ElmoIsDead wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:47 pm
BaggyTrousers wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:39 am Let's not forget that gatland Gatland is a gatland used to smacking Irish ar$es. I must say I guldered when he dropped that gatland O'Driscoll. The howling from the 4 proud provinces amused me greatly. Better still he was right, at that stage O'Ba$tard was hanging on damaging his legacy for a few more caps and moments in the spotlight. NOt worth his place in the Irish team. So good on yah Gats, ya Gatland.

Are you 9 ?
I'm guessing your mouth is nowhere near as big without the keyboard to hide behind but really, are you 9?
Is this a clumsy attempt to attract Baggy back on a regular basis with a pair of clown shoes under one oxter and an AK47 under the other?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Grabs popcorn, sits back in anticipation.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

15. Hugo Keenan (Leinster/UCD) 25 caps
14. Mack Hansen (Connacht) 8 caps
13. Garry Ringrose (Leinster/UCD) 47 caps
12. Stuart McCloskey (Ulster/Bangor) 9 caps
11. James Lowe (Leinster) 15 caps
10. Johnny Sexton (Leinster/St Mary’s College) 109 caps (c)
9. Jamison Gibson Park (Leinster) 23 caps

1. Andrew Porter (Leinster/UCD) 48 caps
2. Dan Sheehan (Leinster/Lansdowne) 13 caps
3. Finlay Bealham (Connacht/Buccaneers) 27 caps
4. Tadhg Beirne (Munster/Lansdowne) 36 caps
5. James Ryan (Leinster/UCD) 48 caps
6. Peter O’Mahony (Munster/Cork Constitution) 89 caps
7. Josh van der Flier (Leinster/UCD) 45 caps
8. Caelan Doris (Leinster/St Mary’s College) 23 caps

Replacements:

16. Rob Herring (Ulster/Ballynahinch) 31 caps
17. Cian Healy (Leinster/Clontarf) 121 caps
18. Tom O’Toole (Ulster/Ballynahinch) 4 caps
19. Iain Henderson (Ulster/Academy) 68 caps
20. Jack Conan (Leinster/Old Belvedere) 33 caps
21. Conor Murray (Munster/Garryowen) 100 caps
22. Ross Byrne (Leinster/UCD) 4 caps
23. Bundee Aki (Connacht/Galwegians) 41 caps

We've got 4 Ulstermen to blame if we lose.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

3 Munstermen in the 23. Turnips won’t be happy.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StandUp wrote:3 Munstermen in the 23. Turnips won’t be happy.
Fed up with propping up the other Provinces. Beyond a joke now.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Long gone are the days of Munster providing the pack and Mexicans providing the backs.
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Big day for bealham. Wales will come after our scrum for sure. I would have been very tempted to put hendo in and move beirne to 6 for extra ballast but to be fair to POM he does usually bring something to the international game.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Popcorn well and truly finished. 🙄
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StandUp wrote:Popcorn well and truly finished. Image
Any strawberry bonbons left?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:02 pm Wales 23 v Ireland named today.

Halfpenny; Adams, North, Hawkins, Dyer; Biggar, T Williams; G Thomas, Owens (capt), Francis, Beard, Alun Wyn Jones, Morgan, Tipuric, Faletau.

Baldwin, Carre, Lewis, Jenkins, Reffell, Webb, O Williams, Cuthbert.
Halfpenny injured, Liam Williams starts at 15.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:19 pm
StandUp wrote:Popcorn well and truly finished. Image
Any strawberry bonbons left?
Never liked bonbons. Always made me thirsty AF.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Now cola bottles, or those big jelly strawberries, they were great. And cola cubes.