Glasgow Vs Ulster Fri 17th Feb @ 7.45pm Viaplay Sports 1

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Glasgow Vs Ulster Fri 17th Feb @ 7.45pm Viaplay Sports 1

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Imagine Stockdale and Stewart will be the only players released for Glasgow game on Friday night?

If Furlong is def fit may see O'Toole who could do with minutes. Is Sutherland fit? The Scots cannot hold him. Herring HIA may put Stewart release in doubt. Does Beirne injury mean a call up for Treadwell?

Glasgow will be without Kyle Steyn, Huw Jones, Sione Tuipulotu, George Turner, Zander Fagerson, Richie Gray and Matt Fagerson. All of which started against Wales. Unlikely to see Fraser Brown, Jamie Bhatti, Jack Dempsey and George Horne who were on the bench.

Still leaves for a very strong possible Ulster 23
Lowry, Baloucoune, Hume, Marshall (Moore), McIlory, Burns, Doak, Sutherland, Andrew, Toomaga-Allen, Treadwell, O'Connor, Sheridan, Timoney, Vermeulen
Bench Stewart, O'Sullivan, Warwick, Carter, Murphy, Cooney, Madigan, Moore
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: Glasgow Vs Ulster Fri 17th Feb @ 7.45pm Viaplay Sports 1

Post by Big-al »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:12 pm Imagine Stockdale and Stewart will be the only players released for Glasgow game on Friday night?

If Furlong is def fit may see O'Toole who could do with minutes. Is Sutherland fit? The Scots cannot hold him. Herring HIA may put Stewart release in doubt. Does Beirne injury mean a call up for Treadwell?

Glasgow will be without Kyle Steyn, Huw Jones, Sione Tuipulotu, George Turner, Zander Fagerson, Richie Gray and Matt Fagerson. All of which started against Wales. Unlikely to see Fraser Brown, Jamie Bhatti, Jack Dempsey and George Horne who were on the bench.

Lowry, Baloucoune, Hume, Marshall (Moore), McIlory, Burns, Doak, Sutherland, Andrew, Toomaga-Allen, Treadwell, O'Connor, Sheridan, Timoney, Vermeulen
Only starting players and some on the bench are usually held back.
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

Ireland are training with the Under 20’s on Thursday and Friday this week so you would imagine they will bring at least 23 to those sessions meaning Stewart and O’Toole would be unlikely to be released.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Imagine Stockdale and Stewart will be the only players released for Glasgow game on Friday night?

I would be happy with that team. Is Baloucoune fit again?

Any word on Addison?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:03 pm
Any word on Addison?
Addison :lol:
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

The whole addison thing is a bit of a joke now. Awful luck for the fella but becomes a time when you just have to let him go ala McGrath.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He was meant to be back in November but I've heard nothing since.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

HammerTime wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:51 pm The whole addison thing is a bit of a joke now. Awful luck for the fella but becomes a time when you just have to let him go ala McGrath.
Agree. In excess of £1mil in wages plus medical fees. Came with a record of injuries.

Feel for the guy, but this is pro sport. I wish you well in the future Will.
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Past time to get rid. No sign of him being fit, and honestly can anyone remember him playing?
Dura lex sed lex
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

I may be wrong but does player insurance not pay the wage for an injured player?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

StandUp wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:29 pm I may be wrong but does player insurance not pay the wage for an injured player?
No, unfortunately not, the cost of any insurance policy to cover wages for a professional sport like rugby whereby one in four players are injured at any one time during the season would be huge.

There is some sort of compensation if a player is injured whilst on international duty.

I believe players do have insurance against career ending injuries. Is that something they cover personally or the club pays for them, I don't know.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
StandUp wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:29 pm I may be wrong but does player insurance not pay the wage for an injured player?
No, unfortunately not, the cost of any insurance policy to cover wages for a professional sport like rugby whereby one in four players are injured at any one time during the season would be huge.

There is some sort of compensation if a player is injured whilst on international duty.

I believe players do have insurance against career ending injuries. Is that something they cover personally or the club pays for them, I don't know.
I'd have thought the insurance pays off the rest of a contract should a career be ended by injury.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

I can understand the sentiment of people wanting rid after such a long spell but personally, I feel the guy was injured whilst busting a gut for Ulster Rugby.
He isn’t a player to draw a wage and not really give a feck, he always makes the team better when he’s on the pitch and I think we should support him through this very difficult rehab.
If he does come back, I still believe he has a lot to offer the team.
I also think it sends a horrible message to other players if we get rid of him now. How could we expect players to put their bodies on the line if they believe we will bin them if they get injured too much?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Give him a new contract.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Absolutely get what you are saying but a line has to be drawn at some stage surely. As harsh as it would be.