Cardiff v Ulster Saturday 4th March 7:35pm Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

paddybrown
Novice

Re: Cardiff v Ulster Saturday 4th March 7:35pm Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by paddybrown »

At least one of Herring and Stewart are likely to be involved in the World Cup in September and October, and Declan Moore's supposed to be going to Connacht next season. That only leaves John Andrew for the first month or so of the season. Unless we make a new signing, McCormick will be in the first team.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Cardiff v Ulster Saturday 4th March 7:35pm Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by jean valjean »

Decent Cardiff team, could be close enough but a big game for our top 2 ambitions, so we need to win this one.
FB_IMG_1677851458193.jpg
FB_IMG_1677851458193.jpg (166.39 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Pleasantly surprised by that team. Potentially a bit light in the back row but all other areas look good. Bookies have us 6 point favourites which feels right.

Am considering withdrawing previous criticism of DMCF regarding selections. He might just have a masterplan after all.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Like a complete muppet, I'd had it in my head that this game was tonight and was looking forward to it. Another day to wait though...

Will be interesting to see Postlethwaite in a competitive match. Should be a pretty competitive affair, that Cardiff team isn't bad, but this is the sort of game we need to win if we want to be finishing in the top two. Need a couple of good showings now, to build up the naive hope before the trip to Dublin. We'll turn over the ladies in a big match one of these days...
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Dave wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:58 pm (15-9): Mike Lowry, Ben Moxham, James Hume, Stewart Moore, Jacob Stockdale, Billy Burns, Nathan Doak;

(1-8): Rory Sutherland, Rob Herring (Captain), Jeff Toomaga-Allen, Kieran Treadwell, Sam Carter, Dave McCann, Marcus Rea, Nick Timoney.

Replacements: Tom Stewart, Callum Reid, Gareth Milasinovich, Alan O’Connor, Harry Sheridan, John Cooney, Jude Postlethwaite, Ethan McIlroy.
I'd say this must be the first time in nearly a decade that we've fielded a back row of 3 players all of whom came through our academy?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Thelaw wrote:
Lurgan Lad wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:00 am
kingofthehill wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:10 pm I’m looking forward to seeing a new superstar on Saturday.

I'm confused.....
Postlewaite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
paddybrown
Novice

Post by paddybrown »

thecrouch wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:40 pm
Dave wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:58 pm (15-9): Mike Lowry, Ben Moxham, James Hume, Stewart Moore, Jacob Stockdale, Billy Burns, Nathan Doak;

(1-8): Rory Sutherland, Rob Herring (Captain), Jeff Toomaga-Allen, Kieran Treadwell, Sam Carter, Dave McCann, Marcus Rea, Nick Timoney.

Replacements: Tom Stewart, Callum Reid, Gareth Milasinovich, Alan O’Connor, Harry Sheridan, John Cooney, Jude Postlethwaite, Ethan McIlroy.
I'd say this must be the first time in nearly a decade that we've fielded a back row of 3 players all of whom came through our academy?
Four if you include young Harry on the bench.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Seems Cardiff can’t even afford to field a team next year..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

YMrP ( young Mr Postlethwaite ) impressed me playing for the Ireland U20s -- a physical specimen a bit like McCloskey

didn't expect Vermuelen to play this week he seemed to pick up a minor ankle injury last week and therefore best rested before the game against Leinster

a useful looking side although the back row looks light weight but mobile which is more important on the night is the question ?
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

rumncoke wrote:YMrP ( young Mr Postlethwaite ) impressed me playing for the Ireland U20s -- a physical specimen a bit like McCloskey

didn't expect Vermuelen to play this week he seemed to pick up a minor ankle injury last week and therefore best rested before the game against Leinster

a useful looking side although the back row looks light weight but mobile which is more important on the night is the question ?
Postlewaite is in the mould of Sonny Bill Williams. Big statement but I stand by it, offloads for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'm looking forward to this. Need a chant for this guy. What rhymes with Postlethwaite?

SUFTUM
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

There was a young fella called Postlethwaite
Who thought he had found his true soul mate
But he had no chance of a kiss
Cos his breath smelled of pi$h
So now he brushes twice daily with Colgate
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Dave wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:00 am I'm looking forward to this. Need a chant for this guy. What rhymes with Postlethwaite?

SUFTUM
Seven mile straight, the road at Muckamore. :duck:
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

How long before Dan falls out with him? :duck:
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

StandUp wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:32 am How long before Dan falls out with him? :duck:
He has work ons. Back to Ban you go!
Exterminate all rational thought