6 Nations 2023

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: 6 Nations 2023

Post by rumncoke »

Personally I glad McCloskey is being rested and not being exposed to possible injury in this game.

But i find it rather obnoxious that a player who has not played a game for several months can come back from injury and a place on the 23
exactly what form or match fitness has that player shown to justify selection .

It is pure D4 Leinster bias and nothing less and I expect the player to start next week after a 10 minute role as a sub ( 2 passes 2 tackles and a run with the ball 5 metres and 3 recycles )

The game against the Scots is a possible banana skin -- if the Ireland kick away possession ( badly to the Scottish back 3 )

Watched Ireland u20s game it was a mismatch Scottish 18+ versus Irish 19++

Actually how much individual talent each player possessed is hard to assess in such circumstances because the result is a team effort the sole Ulster representative playing 6 looks a mature willing ball carrier -- but the performance is governed by the first observation -- big boys v smaller
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:40 am You may have to give more thought to the Scotland team.
Think only wp nel & VDM are residential qualifications. The rest of the Southern Hemisphere lads are family qualified. Not a great reflection for the Scottish production line, but all nations look at the family qualified route.

To be fair….the French have multiple south sea islanders in and around their squads….bearing in mind the size and strength of their league.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Dharper wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:02 am
justinr73 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:40 am You may have to give more thought to the Scotland team.
Think only wp nel & VDM are residential qualifications. The rest of the Southern Hemisphere lads are family qualified. Not a great reflection for the Scottish production line, but all nations look at the family qualified route.

To be fair….the French have multiple south sea islanders in and around their squads….bearing in mind the size and strength of their league.
Schoeman too I believe.

Scotland wouldn’t be Scotland without a liberal sprinkling of well-spoken English accents or just an English accent in Big Jim’s case!
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Dharper wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:02 am

Scottish production line doesn't appear to be in great shape going on their last few seasons at U-20. They won't even be playing in this Summer's JWC.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Thatcher got rid of all the production lines in Scotland.

Have we got any commentators for tomorrow on the Beeb or are they standing shoulder to shoulder with Lineker?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Forza Italia
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:03 pm Thatcher got rid of all the production lines in Scotland.

Have we got any commentators for tomorrow on the Beeb or are they standing shoulder to shoulder with Lineker?
S4C and Jiffy currently covering Italy game in Welsh. Preferable to Nolli"unbelievable" Waterman. Suggests that they will operate as usual for Ireland game.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

for dog and ulcer wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:04 pm
justinr73 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:03 pm Thatcher got rid of all the production lines in Scotland.

S4C and Jiffy currently covering Italy game in Welsh. Preferable to Nolli"unbelievable" Waterman. Suggests that they will operate as usual for Ireland game.
Nothing to do with the BBC though are they.

Someone needs to tell Nolli that less is more.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:22 pm
for dog and ulcer wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:04 pm

Nothing to do with the BBC though are they.

Someone needs to tell Nolli that less is more.
Someone needs to tell Nolli to try another line of work.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

I believe S4C are partners of the BBC and may be funded by them in part at least. They are on the iPlayer.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

for dog and ulcer wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:07 pm I believe S4C are partners of the BBC and may be funded by them in part at least. They are on the iPlayer.
I see what you mean.

I believe they’re independent albeit partners to an extent, as you say.

S4C gets its cash from the license fee.

Think 5Live Sport came back on this afternoon.

Not sure there’s much to be gained by Gabby Logan downing her microphone tomorrow.

Looks like the England players have gone on strike!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

England is doing so much better out of Europe 🇪🇺

Best laugh I've had in ages
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:22 pm England is doing so much better out of Europe 🇪🇺

Best laugh I've had in ages
Never a bad day when an England team gets stuffed, but I feel sorry for Borthwick and Sinfield who seem to be decent blokes. The 'entitled' English rugby press will savage them, especially over dropping Farrell.
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Very true c.f. Borthwick. Much prefer it when England the likes of MJ or Eddie 'scummy Irish' Jones as coach. Felt the same way with Lancaster, from the outside he seems like someone it'd be almost impossible to not like.

For all of about 5 minutes, leading up to their try England looked dangerous and clinical, but were comprehensivly outplayed outside of that. Let's hope they don't manage much more than that next week.

Smith didn't really get much chance to do anything with the pack in front of him being demolished. No doubt there'll be half arsed write ups attributing this to dropping Farrell though.

With that points difference there's perhaps a bit more pressure on Ireland to win tomorrow.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

France are unstoppable. Only France can stop them.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk