Ulster v bulls Sat 25th 7.35pm

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v bulls Sat 25th 7.35pm

Post by Neill_M »

Bart S wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:21 pm Munster will have to go full tilt away to the Stormers, the week after they play the Sharks over there in the Heiny. If they lose both URC games over there (to the Stomers and then the Sharks - again) there is a real risk that they could miss out on qualification for next season
H Cup R16 and Quarter Finals consecutive weekends, so two weeks between those games.

Cardiff best Welsh in 10th, so yes 8th (Sharks currently) would miss out on H Cup 23/24.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

StandUp wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:20 pm Harry Sheridan was immense when he came on. His energy totally changed that Ulster team.
Couldn't agree more, he had a massive impact. Thought we looked better with Postlethwaite on too and I say that as someone who likes Moore.

Is it just me or is every game the Bulls are involved in a total eyesore? A team for the purists.
ulster32
Novice

Post by ulster32 »

Is it just me or is Hume a prat. Needs to concentrate on the rugby and less of the trash talk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Selections have varied so much from one week to the next that it is difficult to know who Dan will pick. In the pack only Timoney and DV are certain starting selections for me (as in who I know Dan will definitely pick). Even Sutherland sometimes doesn't start which always seems strange. Sometimes think that Ulster is so worried about bench impact that it reinforces it to the detriment of the starting xv.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

We may well have Du Plessis to thank for that win. Eejit! :duh:
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

ulster32 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:31 pm Is it just me or is Hume a prat. Needs to concentrate on the rugby and less of the trash talk
Yes I agree. On his current form it almost feels as bad as watching Matty Rea do it. There's probably an element of frustration in it for him also these days but no excuse. He needs to learn to walk the walk again.

Huw Jones is a good example of a player who burst on the scene and has come back.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

solidarity wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:32 pm We may well have Du Plessis to thank for that win. Eejit! :duh:
indeed. I doubt anyone was feeling confident with a kick to the corner coming up and a Bulls lineout. It had classic Ulster written all over it.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Dave wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:35 pm Both teams wearing blue.

Great. COYBIB.
That was weird but that flesh coloured advert on the back of the Bulls’ shorts made it look, from a distance, like they were wearing assless chaps.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:53 pm
Dave wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:35 pm Both teams wearing blue.

Great. COYBIB.
That was weird but that flesh coloured advert on the back of the Bulls’ shorts made it look, from a distance, like they were wearing assless chaps.
Yes, thought that myself. Looked like a lot of builders bums.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Big Jeff put in another shift. Carter too.
Stockdale had best game since return from injury. His high ball take near the end in a crowd was beaut.
Thought Cooney might have got more then 2 mins he has to start next week. Doak several times had quick ball on a plate and wanted the dreaded caterpillar formed :banghead:
Thankfully Bismarck lived up to his billing.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Deraless wrote:Big Jeff put in another shift. Carter too.
Stockdale had best game since return from injury. His high ball take near the end in a crowd was beaut.
Thought Cooney might have got more then 2 mins he has to start next week. Doak several times had quick ball on a plate and wanted the dreaded caterpillar formed :banghead:
Thankfully Bismarck lived up to his billing.
Carter, is this a joke? 2 needless penalties and held up over the line because his body height in contact is terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Loki wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:29 pm
StandUp wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:20 pm Harry Sheridan was immense when he came on. His energy totally changed that Ulster team.
Couldn't agree more, he had a massive impact. Thought we looked better with Postlethwaite on too and I say that as someone who likes Moore.

Is it just me or is every game the Bulls are involved in a total eyesore? A team for the purists.
The word for Sheridan is abrasive.

Only a handful of games out of Harry but at just 21 his style is akin with Henderson. I'm not saying his quality is, but theres much to like. Hopefully his trajectory continues.

Black belt in Taekwondo.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

I cannot wait to see Sheridan and big Dave Ewers steamrolling people and getting us front foot ball. It’s exactly what we need.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Ewers is a warrior, which is what we need. Please Jeebus for once UR do ths right thing and re sign Jeff. He was a rock scrum time again.

Agreed ref Sheridan. Real dog in him.
For me though, that back row was too unbalanced. The difference when Marcus came on was huge. The starting BR was there to counter Bulls bulk. Not sure it worked. If we had any attacking back line strategy we'd started Marcus and moved them all over the park. Bulls are flat track bullies.

I'd also like to see more of Reffell tbf.
Exterminate all rational thought
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Timoney still is an almost non-existent threat at the breakdown.

Only once Rea came on did Ulster make the Bulls breakdown scrappy and slow it down. 1st half they had quick ball on a plate.