Leinster VS Ulster HC QF 01/04/23

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Leinster VS Ulster HC QF 01/04/23

Post by big mervyn »

So that's two Leinster trys disallowed and Hume's yella rescinded so far. We've almost got this won. :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

🤣🤣
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

promenader 2 wrote:Just watched the game back. We fought hard but we were always under pressure. Big moment was that misfiring lineout in 2nd half. We showed what we could do from a lineout with Herring's try, so it was an opportunity missed in a game in which we had few chances. Also thought th ref should've checked for a possible knock on in the lead up to Gibson Parks try.
They showed the replay on BT but no commentator even dared mention it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:18 pm So that's two Leinster trys disallowed and Hume's yella rescinded so far. We've almost got this won. :lol:
Murray Kinsella posted a clip of this line out in lead up to Baird’s try and a few replies are questioning the legality of Leinster’s actions so that’s another try ruled out :lol:

https://twitter.com/murray_kinsella/sta ... vsz5BFsfNg
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Dan should do a Rassie style video on this. We have essentially prepared the groundwork for him. Well done all.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:05 am
thecrouch wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:17 am It’s time for McFarland to go IMO. He’s taken us as far as he can.
I'm minded the same, but let's see what happens in the playoffs. If its the same old, same old, then defo needs reassessed. Its the repetition of the same strategic mistakes and bizaare selections that gets me. But would be costly with his new contract probably. What's Deccie and Les doing ? :duck:
With respect to McFarland, if it's true that he went for the Leicester interview then we should be looking for a replacement. In terms of club size, history etc Leicester is more or less a sideways move, and if that peaks his interest then (assuming they weren't trying to tempt him with buckets of money) it means either his heart isn't fully in it here anymore, or he also thinks he's done what he can here.

Given where we were when he took over, he'd had a lot of credit in the bank for me, but if he's looking what else is out there six months after signing a new contract he's probably not who we should be planning our future around.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

jean valjean wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:19 pm
Jetstream wrote:
Bobbievee wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:18 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:48 pm
Bobbievee wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:13 pm
Found myself apologising to them for the cretinous behaviour of the Ulster supporter sitting ahead of us for his continuous foul mouthed ill informed rant ( Scottish accent ironically?) in the hearing of young children and ladies. Even his mates seemed embarrassed. Block 332, row F I think, UR jacket and cap with incorporated false white hair wig. Sixties? If anyone knows this guy would they have a word? Altho I hope he is not one of us on the forum.
I was ashamed. On the verge of getting a steward to throw him out.
Might have been alcohol induced but no excuse.
Any volunteers to own up? And sod off……..
Correct - no excuse.

Every team has them - even Ulster

Just some teams seem to have a lot more of them.

Yeah, shouting loudly at Leinster players that they are “ f***ing Mexicans “ is unlikely to endear you to your hosts fans sitting with their families in their own stadium!

It is NOT their own stadium. It is as much ours as theirs.
So it's ok then??
Wise up. I didn't say it was ok
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

MightyRearranger wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:20 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:05 am
thecrouch wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:17 am It’s time for McFarland to go IMO. He’s taken us as far as he can.
I'm minded the same, but let's see what happens in the playoffs. If its the same old, same old, then defo needs reassessed. Its the repetition of the same strategic mistakes and bizaare selections that gets me. But would be costly with his new contract probably. What's Deccie and Les doing ? :duck:
With respect to McFarland, if it's true that he went for the Leicester interview then we should be looking for a replacement. In terms of club size, history etc Leicester is more or less a sideways move, and if that peaks his interest then (assuming they weren't trying to tempt him with buckets of money) it means either his heart isn't fully in it here anymore, or he also thinks he's done what he can here.

Given where we were when he took over, he'd had a lot of credit in the bank for me, but if he's looking what else is out there six months after signing a new contract he's probably not who we should be planning our future around.
Truth MR :salut:
Exterminate all rational thought
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Leinster won't be able to bish bosh some of these teams left in the comp. Easy to do it against a soft pack. Stylistically not the most impressive out there.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:18 pm Leinster won't be able to bish bosh some of these teams left in the comp. Easy to do it against a soft pack. Stylistically not the most impressive out there.
Leinster did what they needed to do . Nothing more nothing less
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

richardt84 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:33 pm
big mervyn wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:18 pm So that's two Leinster trys disallowed and Hume's yella rescinded so far. We've almost got this won. :lol:
Murray Kinsella posted a clip of this line out in lead up to Baird’s try and a few replies are questioning the legality of Leinster’s actions so that’s another try ruled out :lol:

https://twitter.com/murray_kinsella/sta ... vsz5BFsfNg
Listen back to radio of the match and they where very clear there was a possible infringement on Bairds try… if anything ULster just let it stand and made no effort to engage the ref…
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Jetstream wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:11 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:48 pm
Bobbievee wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:13 pm
Found myself apologising to them for the cretinous behaviour of the Ulster supporter sitting ahead of us for his continuous foul mouthed ill informed rant ( Scottish accent ironically?) in the hearing of young children and ladies. Even his mates seemed embarrassed. Block 332, row F I think, UR jacket and cap with incorporated false white hair wig. Sixties? If anyone knows this guy would they have a word? Altho I hope he is not one of us on the forum.
I was ashamed. On the verge of getting a steward to throw him out.
Might have been alcohol induced but no excuse.
Any volunteers to own up? And sod off……..
Correct - no excuse.

Yeah, shouting loudly at Leinster players that they are “ f***ing Mexicans “ is unlikely to endear you to your hosts fans sitting with their families in their own stadium!

Nit picker!

It was their home game in their city with their home fans.

Let’s not fall out over this is!

If anyone knows who this glipe is……………?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:
Dave wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:18 pm Leinster won't be able to bish bosh some of these teams left in the comp. Easy to do it against a soft pack. Stylistically not the most impressive out there.
Leinster did what they needed to do . Nothing more nothing less
They have other gears to go to.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

We are a fair way from winning the Euro Cup, I'd actually prefer us to target getting 2nd or 3rd in the league at home, but we won't we'll send our best and give it a go.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Jetstream wrote:
jean valjean wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:19 pm
Jetstream wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:48 pm Correct - no excuse.

So it's ok then??
Wise up. I didn't say it was ok
Thanks for confirming. Was a bit worried since the only thing you commented on was an argument that leinster couldn't count the aviva as their home ground.