The run in

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: The run in

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:28 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:A win of any kind is enough? Ie no BP required
If the league rules are to be believed then yes. We have 12 wins the stormers have 11. If we both win next week, we stay ahead no matter if we get BP or not.
We have a much better points and BP difference
Exterminate all rational thought
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:06 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:27 pm I'm talking b*lls just saw the table and Stormers 2 lbps. 5 pointer required then, as they'll hump Treviso
You are talking balls. 4 pts required.

I am right I assuming that Embra have nowt to play for and should mentally be on their hols? Although with this league's crazy rules you can never be too sure >crazy1
Stuffed Ospreys tonight, lots of Scottish internationals. Not straightforward for Ulster.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:27 pm I'm talking b*lls just saw the table and Stormers 2 lbps. 5 pointer required then, as they'll hump Treviso

I am right I assuming that Embra have nowt to play for and should mentally be on their hols? Although with this league's crazy rules you can never be too sure >crazy1
But I suppose it's good balls lol. Sharks or Bulls? I'd rather Bulls tbh
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Neill_M wrote:

Stuffed Ospreys tonight, lots of Scottish internationals. Not straightforward for Ulster.
One for you Neil. Ulster draw while scoring 4 tries and stormers win without a bp. Who gets 2nd?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:50 pm
Neill_M wrote:

One for you Neil. Ulster draw while scoring 4 tries and stormers win without a bp. Who gets 2nd?
Would go to PD, Ulster currently 38 better.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Bulls please bob. Apart from a win against the worst team on the planet, they’ve been having a torrid time lately. Another flight north won’t help them either.
Having said that, there’s a very good chance Ulster will find a way to choke on this.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Neill_M wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:01 pm
jean valjean wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:50 pm
Neill_M wrote:

Would go to PD, Ulster currently 38 better.
They'd be doing well to win by 39 without getting a bp
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

In terms of who Ulster could face, couple of discussion points. Will Glasgow rotate their side v Connacht with the Parker Pen the week after and they can't move from 4th?

Bulls host Leinster kids, will the youngsters be able to do a 2nd game on the High Veldt?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Given what's on the line for finishing 8th I'd expect both the bulls and sharks to win. Munster don't have the same motivation this week and while the bulls are not great, they should have the power game to squeeze past leinsters kids. Glasgow may rotate a bit, but I can't see a connacht BP win there to overtake munster.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

If we don't screw up agin Edinburgh, Bulls or Sharks qf, then Stormers home sf is the likely path to our Nemesis. That's a physical route.
We'll ship injuries. Squad depth will be tested to stretching point
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:18 pm In terms of who Ulster could face, couple of discussion points. Will Glasgow rotate their side v Connacht with the Parker Pen the week after and they can't move from 4th?

Bulls host Leinster kids, will the youngsters be able to do a 2nd game on the High Veldt?
Glasgow - given their focus is split - may prefer to play Connacht in the QF. That could be something they could guarantee. Obviously that would be immoral, so Glasgow wouldn't do it.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:If we don't screw up agin Edinburgh, Bulls or Sharks qf, then Stormers home sf is the likely path to our Nemesis. That's a physical route.
TOT on crutches. Obviously, no Marty Moore. We now rely solely on Jeff and Milo. If we lose Jeff it would be an unmitigated disaster. Next season, we will be in a worse situation.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:42 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:If we don't screw up agin Edinburgh, Bulls or Sharks qf, then Stormers home sf is the likely path to our Nemesis. That's a physical route.
TOT on crutches. Obviously, no Marty Moore. We now rely solely on Jeff and Milo. If we lose Jeff it would be an unmitigated disaster. Next season, we will be in a worse situation.
Soper said the crutches were a precaution, when interviewed after the game. Which is a positive, doesn't mean O'Toole is not injured, just means the crutches doesn't necessarily mean the worst.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:48 pm
Dave wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:42 pm
Soper said the crutches were a precaution, when interviewed after the game. Which is a positive, doesn't mean O'Toole is not injured, just means the crutches doesn't necessarily mean the worst.
It highlights our vulnerability in a key position though
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

1. Leinster Pts 79 Wins 16
2. Ulster Pts 64 Wins 12
3. Stormers Pts 63 Wins 11
4. Glasgow Pts 58 Wins 12
5. Munster Pts 53 Wins 10
6. Connacht Pts 49 Wins 10
7. Bulls Pts 48 Wins 9
8. Sharks Pts 46 Win 9

Round 18 Fixtures

Stormers v Benetton
Glasgow v Connacht
Bulls v Leinster
Sharks v Munster
Ulster v Edinburgh

Leinster, Glasgow Benetton have European fixture weekend after. Glasgow and Benetton may prioritise selection to suit Europe as said elsewhere.
Munster and Connacht competing for 3rd best placed Irish team for European Cup qualification
Bulls and Sharks competing for 3rd best placed Irish team for European Cup qualification
Ulster and Stormers battling for 2nd place

I hope Leinster end up facing Bulls or Sharks, they'll match them physically. Leinster could then face Munster in Semi Final. No easy route whilst juggling Europe.

I don't really mind who we get as long as we retain second spot. The Bulls gave us a really tough game, so probably would like to avoid them.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18