Ulster v Connacht

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Connacht

Post by Dave »

I thought that's why the frogs are protesting? I was hoping to retire next week.

Baggy, save me a seat by the pool. I'll be there in 30+ years.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Anyway. Back on topic.

Some big decisions to consider:-

Herring or Stewart
Mccann or Sheridan
Cooney or Doak
Marshall or Hume
Lowry or Moore

Who would look meaner in a hoodie ??
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:Anyway. Back on topic.

Herring or Stewart
Mccann or Sheridan
Cooney or Doak
Marshall or Hume
Lowry or Moore

Stewart
Sheridan
Cooney
Marshall
Moore
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Might go to this but what's the fashion trends now? Kaks over jeans? Socks on your hands? Beanies stuffed down your front to maximise your bulge?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:38 pm Might go to this but what's the fashion trends now? Kaks over jeans? Socks on your hands? Beanies stuffed down your front to maximise your bulge?

Mask over eyes.....at least for the last 10 minutes when ulster are only leading by 12
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:15 pm
BR wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:07 am And thermals for winter?
Yer gettin soft.

I've been through the last couple of winters and taken in every Ulster match at ravenspan in shorts, canvas shoes and no socks. And when I get to the car or get home, or the soonest i can dispense with them, the shoes come off cos the feet are too warm.

The best way to not have cold feet is get them used to being cold, then you won't feel it. And yes, I do still feel my feet, they're nat frozen numb like they used to be. I honestly recommend it.

I first stopped wearing socks about 7-8 years ago, but initially put on thick ones when going to a rugby match, especially on frosty nights. Big mistake. Pamper yer feet, they expect to get pampered for the rest of yer life.

And the best bit, you don't have to feel every ache and pain in yer auld body when you bend over to put them on or take them off (which was the real reason I stopped wearing them).

As for shorts over trousers . . . . no, shorts instead of trousers (shorts over trousers would be too much and totally silly), when the wind drives the rain into you at Ravenspan or elsewhere and (you don't have a MUM to stand behind) your legs get wet, you then have the satisfaction of knowing they'll be dry a few minutes after the rain stops. All those in trousers will have soaking freezing legs til they get home and get their troosers off.
I disagree.

My feet are the only part of me that I pamper. Dry feet - happy BR.
My footwear typically makes up around 2/3 of the cost of what I wear at any one time.

Gortex is magic.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Bart S wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:09 pm Anyway. Back on topic.

Herring or Stewart
Mccann or Sheridan
Cooney or Doak
Marshall or Hume
Lowry or Moore

Herring
Sheridan
Cooney
Marshall
Moore
Exterminate all rational thought
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Herring
McCann
Cooney
Hume
Moore
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:56 am

Herring or Stewart
Mccann or Sheridan
Cooney or Doak
Marshall or Hume
Lowry or Moore

Herring
Sheridan
Cooney
Marshall
Moore
Doak would look way meaner than Cooney in a hoodie - like somebody about to nick your motor.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

allezlesverres wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:01 pm
Re the ice debacle, no blame attaches to IRFU, much though we might wish to have a scapegoat. Ulster dismissed the grounds team, and no one thought to put covers down during a massive (and accurately forecast) cold snap. Entirely ulster's fault.
So, just 2 points of disagreement, ICE-GATE. Where were the FIRFUCs in insisting, as they should in backing their province, that the laws of rugby were applied to the game? An inspection of the pitch on the day, as required by World Rugby, was not done, the decision was taken the day before. My understanding is that the ref, a horrid little English chappie was in favour of an on-the-day pitch inspection, the decision taken out of his hands.

FIRFUCs as 100% owners of UR welched on their duty of care to protect UR's interests. Indeed, as always happens, they quickly switched from any interest in UR's position to the usual 100% backing of the Mexicnuts position when Mexico made a late call that they rather than UR would have the opportunity to use RDS in required. You could argue all day that that was their right, but UR had nominated and had accepted that RDS would be their alternative venue.

My understanding is that Ravenhill was 100% playable on the day the match was scheduled for, so far from this being a UR feck up, it appears they had, by sheer luck or good judgement, got it right.

Now as someone who spends their life 2000 kilometres away, I may not have the full story, however, it is my belief that all the following are true:

- all of the above
- that FIRFUCs will walk over broken glass to facilitate Mexico
- that FIRFUCs have not a solitary feck to give about UR in so far as all other provinces take precedent, even Connacht who they once tried to wind up as a lost cause.

Evidence: Look no further than the treatment given to Mexico's Isa Nacewa then aged 34 compared to Ulster's Ruan Pienaar aged 32. Nacewa given 2 more years having already fecked back off to the antipodes a year previously, Pienaar told to get lost having bought in 100% and turned down huge money to go elsewhere. MEXICO GET WHAT MEXICO WANTS.

The other thing about the crowds. Define "Supporter" and you will see the problem.

HINT: you are looking at this as someone paying to be entertained.

That's all folks.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:35 am
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:15 pm
BR wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:07 am And thermals for winter?
Yer gettin soft.

I've been through the last couple of winters and taken in every Ulster match at ravenspan in shorts, canvas shoes and no socks. And when I get to the car or get home, or the soonest i can dispense with them, the shoes come off cos the feet are too warm.

The best way to not have cold feet is get them used to being cold, then you won't feel it. And yes, I do still feel my feet, they're nat frozen numb like they used to be. I honestly recommend it.

I first stopped wearing socks about 7-8 years ago, but initially put on thick ones when going to a rugby match, especially on frosty nights. Big mistake. Pamper yer feet, they expect to get pampered for the rest of yer life.

And the best bit, you don't have to feel every ache and pain in yer auld body when you bend over to put them on or take them off (which was the real reason I stopped wearing them).

As for shorts over trousers . . . . no, shorts instead of trousers (shorts over trousers would be too much and totally silly), when the wind drives the rain into you at Ravenspan or elsewhere and (you don't have a MUM to stand behind) your legs get wet, you then have the satisfaction of knowing they'll be dry a few minutes after the rain stops. All those in trousers will have soaking freezing legs til they get home and get their troosers off.
I disagree.

My feet are the only part of me that I pamper. Dry feet - happy BR.
My footwear typically makes up around 2/3 of the cost of what I wear at any one time.

Gortex is magic.
Shorts over trousers should always be accompanied by clownshoes. I'm not sure if clownshoes are available in gortex, I suspect not.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:15 pm
allezlesverres wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:01 pm

So, just 2 points of disagreement, ICE-GATE. Where were the FIRFUCs in insisting, as they should in backing their province, that the laws of rugby were applied to the game? An inspection of the pitch on the day, as required by World Rugby, was not done, the decision was taken the day before.
I don't know the answer but I'm pretty sure the WR laws were complied with in the sense that the Aviva (by then THE venue) was inspected on the day. The venue change had already been ordered by that stage by EPCR who according to the tournament rules have absolute power to change any venue and time due to weather or any other factor. The tournament rules also make specific reference to the obligation on the host to use best endeavours (they specifically mention covers and heaters) to ensure pitches are playable during periods of inclement weather.

Don't disagree with your smouldering sense of injustice re irfu favouritism of Leinster. I just don't think this is an example of it.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Herring or Stewart
Mccann or Sheridan
Cooney or Doak
Marshall or Hume
Lowry or Moore

How many of these will be available? Four of the players mentioned went off injured last week, including both of the outside centres. Didn't see why Baloucoune went off either, but imagine that we wouldn't have brought Doak on on the wing by choice and my beer assisted memory thinks Warwick might have taken a knock too. I think worst case scenario we'd be looking at something like:

Reid, Stewart, JTA, Treadwell, AOC, McCann/Sheridan, Timoney, Vermuelen, Cooney, Burns, Stockdale, Stu, Moore, Gilroy, McIlroy.

We're blessed with quite a bit of strength in depth in the back line, but if none of the players mentioned are fit and we don't get anyone else (Sutherland?) back then our front row options are starting to look a bit light. Not even sure who'd be next in line at LH after Reid?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:58 pm
solidarity wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:16 pm
By the way, did everybody get their emergency call on Sunday at 3.00pm? I didn't! presumably, when Armageddon comes, I'm dispensable, expendable, surplus to requirtements.
If you got your emergency call, just ignore him. It's not important. He's just looking for attention and thinks he's important - he's not!

If anyone else didn't get the call, please don't bother the rest of us - we don't have time to talk to people like you. :roll:
:paperbag:

Sorry for going >Off_Topic_Man I'm not worthy to be on this thread.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Complete and utter misunderstanding of how things work, China, the venue that needed an inspection on matchday to comply with World Rugby laws was Ravenhill, the prior moving of the game is what was outrageous and where the FIRFUCs should have had Ulster's back, however, they only had time for Mexico's back. All important all powerful Mexico.

Anyway, I've neither the patience nor the inclination to debate this further so believe what you will. Many people have no problem supporting and accepting crap, FFFS Trump got elected. :roll: