Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Contract Situation

Post by Cockatrice »

Neill_M wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:38 am
thecrouch wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:09 am
kingofthehill wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:58 pm
Columbo wrote:So we are letting go JTA and Milo. Unless we have a cunning plan that is bizarre, not to say stupid. And I don’t think looking to any academy player for tighthead depth is realistic.

I wonder if another loan is in the offing? That could potentially square what was said at the fans forum about no more signings. The problem is nobody really jumps out as a worthwhile signing - TH is a position of weakness for all the provinces in all honesty..
Nothing other than a money thing.

Stockdale downgrading to an ulster contract didn’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Money? As in we couldn't afford to keep JTA?

It's very concerning if we have spent our budget and left ourselves with only 2 senior THs, one of which is 32 and has a very serious injury.

How can this be when you look at the long list of players leaving us, even with Kitshoff coming in this doesn't make sense.
Kitshoff must be on big money and I assuming Ulster are covering it v down at Munster where they have a small group of wealthy fans who are covering Snyman's salary.

Ulster had to absorb Stockdale's contract from the IRFU even though they got a decent wedge of gate money from the R16 game v Leinster, did lose £700k over pitch gate and of course are spending anywhere between £600,000 - £1.5 Million on this plastic pitch......
Duane’s salary is as partly covered by a third party…

If Ulster can afford £1.5m on housing to the detriment of a couple of decent players it says a lot
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

I'm not saying it is definitely the best use of money if that's what they're doing, but if they are buying houses is it really that stupid. Presumably they're doing it to keep their options open with respect to any future work to the ground, but even if that doesn't happen, it's not like the money has gone up in smoke, they'll still have 1.5 million worth of houses, can presumably rent them and/or offer their use as a sweetener to potential signings. They may or may not have other things in mind for them as well. Have heard that the IRFU are doing the same on the brad pitt stand side of Lansdowne Road.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

While we're on bricks and morter and more than a bit off topic, I noticed tonight that the park and ride buses still say 'Ravenhill Rugby Ground' on the front.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

solidarity wrote:While we're on bricks and morter and more than a bit off topic, I noticed tonight that the park and ride buses still say 'Ravenhill Rugby Ground' on the front.
And in the other direction they go to Pierre Park.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Maybe Kingspawn doesn't pay Translink for advertising.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

MightyRearranger wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:50 pm I'm not saying it is definitely the best use of money if that's what they're doing, but if they are buying houses is it really that stupid. Presumably they're doing it to keep their options open with respect to any future work to the ground, but even if that doesn't happen, it's not like the money has gone up in smoke, they'll still have 1.5 million worth of houses, can presumably rent them and/or offer their use as a sweetener to potential signings. They may or may not have other things in mind for them as well. Have heard that the IRFU are doing the same on the brad pitt stand side of Lansdowne Road.
At this time I’d sooner see two big signings in the right position rather than a row of houses. As for expansion filling the corners in was on the table but not as simple 24th the war memorial. And changing all the flooding to roof then where do the big screens go? Any how the rumour from D4 is you barely fill the stadium now and when you do need a bigger stadium it is casement end off
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

kingofthehill wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:37 pm French might be decent…..and a good family guy.
Is there a hint in here? A Peter or a Griffin?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

DodgyEverything wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:37 pm French might be decent…..and a good family guy.
…….

The King is dead. Long live the King.
DodgyEverything
Novice

kingofthehill wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:11 am
DodgyEverything wrote:
…….

Unless it's Peter Nelson returning (can live in hope ;) ) I'm wagering this fella fits the bill https://all.rugby/player/archie-griffin
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

Good family guys whose French might be decent... KoTH confirms the double Brennan swoop our tight five has been crying out for! :lol:
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Brookes from toulon mentioned before, Is this still a possibility? Would be IQ as not played for England for over 5 years. JTA may even have put in a good word with his old colleague.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

jean valjean wrote:Brookes from toulon mentioned before, Is this still a possibility? Would be IQ as not played for England for over 5 years. JTA may even have put in a good word with his old colleague.
No

The King is dead. Long live the King.
DodgyEverything
Novice

DodgyEverything wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:18 am
kingofthehill wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:11 am
DodgyEverything wrote:
…….

Unless it's Peter Nelson returning (can live in hope ;) ) I'm wagering this fella fits the bill https://all.rugby/player/archie-griffin
Or Ben Griffin who played in the AIL final for Clontarf
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

With our track record, he prob looks like this
joe.jpg
joe.jpg (30.58 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:With our track record, he prob looks like this
joe.jpg
The Ulster injury update will say he has a lower body injury.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?