Ulster v Connacht

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Connacht

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:The fully fit ulster team sheet next season starts out pretty well at 1,2,3,4 but not much too much to shout about after that

Will Addison's stock has probably impoved this season given the impotency of the backline, which says it all really
The fully fit? Are you high?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Rare sighting of the Lesser Spotted Addison last night.

Stormers humping Bulls with a short turnaround for Connacht to get to SA. Getyer Kitshoff must be wondering wtf he has done to deserve us.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

HighlandRed wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 3:24 pm Gutted doesn't cover it.

The intensity of the last 5- 10 mins - where was that earlier in the game.

All the bon homie- jacob at the start, leaving at the end- it's not a fecking carnival. Game head on, kill dead things, then do social media tom kite another day, not during a knock out.

Tell you what I'd love to see, a close up image of billy B not with a gurning face- hide it and play on- he never looks like he means business. A close up image of Hume not looking like a preening peacock. We're one tricky ponies and have been for a while. We got no maul chances out of leinster in the heinekin- we've been sussed.

We're in a far better place than we were with Les Kiss, but our ceiling has been reached- clear out and move on.

What a load of tom kite. Looking at the stormers and they're go forward via Roos and nouse out back- we were getting beat this weekend or next.

Tottenham we have become.
Frustrating thing in respect of the intensity is we know that is what Connacht bring but somehow it comes as a surprise to the players. The start of this game, and indeed the majority of the 80 minutes, was similar to the behind closed doors game against them at the Aviva.

I’d love for someone to ask McFarland whether he still stands by his demographics comments given the disparity in resources between Leinster and Ulster is surely no bigger than that between Ulster and Connacht.

I share the frustration at Burns especially when said face is accompanied by grasping at a players ankle as they’ve burst past him.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 3:48 pm
Bart S wrote:The fully fit ulster team sheet next season starts out pretty well at 1,2,3,4 but not much too much to shout about after that

Will Addison's stock has probably impoved this season given the impotency of the backline, which says it all really
The fully fit? Are you high?
Yes. On a natural one after finishing 2nd in the log.
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

I could cry, watching leinsters offensive ruck - compared to our absolute muck last night. What amounted to a series of one out carries against a well-set defence, with no support, against multiple poach threats
..one more thing
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

The Ulster collapse last evening was truly shocking against opposition put away earlier in the season. An opposition that is only a developmental club with limited resources.
2nd at home against 7th. A shocker.
You really need to step up next season for the sake of the league.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dublin4 wrote:The Ulster collapse last evening was truly shocking against opposition put away earlier in the season. An opposition that is only a developmental club with limited resources.
Next season's squad will be no better. Same coach. Same result.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:36 pm Any word from Petrie or the Mentalist yet, apologising or falling on their sword?
Will we see an end of season report/ inquest?
Any accountability or will it be the supporters or this forums fault?
Demographically, those from the other provinces are born with more guts, balls, brains and spine than in Ulster, so Dan is already at a disadvantage- so unfair
I’m sure we’ll get some PR ballix from Petrie soon.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Vanhelsing
Novice

Post by Vanhelsing »

Hawkeye wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:48 pm So much for home advantage. The 16th man (woman or other) only came to life for the last 5minutes. Where is the hostile cauldron of old? As has been said here before it has turned too much in to a night out for a gossip with your mates with the match as a secondary distraction. “Ooo we’re off to the Ulster match tonight. Who are they playing? Oh some team from down south.”
It has been like this for many many many years now.
bassbostoncup
Novice

Post by bassbostoncup »

justinr73 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:18 am Nice theory Dave.

To change the subject, but only very slightly, where do you lot get your armchairs from?

I’ve heard Whytes of Crossgar is very good?
Follow any other sports Justin?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Vanhelsing wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:37 pm
Hawkeye wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:48 pm So much for home advantage. The 16th man (woman or other) only came to life for the last 5minutes. Where is the hostile cauldron of old? As has been said here before it has turned too much in to a night out for a gossip with your mates with the match as a secondary distraction. “Ooo we’re off to the Ulster match tonight. Who are they playing? Oh some team from down south.”
It has been like this for many many many years now.
Couldn’t agree more it’s more social event with a rugby match as a background than anything. People were leaving at half time and many more with 10 mins when something still might have happened.

Dan hasn’t moved things on so time to move on. Petrie needs to help to account over the debacle… one that seen all the groundstaff let go and no wonder the debacle of a postponed match having to turn the floodlights on a day or so before the match in the hope to defrost the pitch..as for Bryn too long too comfortable and frankly as the Operational Dir3ctor surely responsible for something
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Deary deary me another year, another Ulster rugby capitulation. Thought last year was as brutal as it could possibly get after the way we went out of both competitions. Foolishly let myself think that we could get to a final this year after Munsters helping hand v stormers. But Ulster did what Ulster do and it’ll never change. With so many players leaving and few coming in/coming through we may be in for a few years were we’re even more p!sh(somehow). With Next to no Irish representation at practically every under age level I genuinely fear we could be going over the cliff edge here. I can understand why so few young players have ambitions to play for Ulster. Perpetual losers, who’d want to be part of that? Much more worthwhile to go do a mediocre degree in Scotland or shovel sh!t in dromore.

Yes the players need a severe boot up the collective hole but this coaching ticket is a busted flush. Everything has gotten so stale and predictable. Zero guile anywhere around the park. Let’s not forget than DMcF took over when we were at utter rock bottom. We couldn’t get any lower, the only way was up. Any reasonably sane coach could have improved us. With him flirting with Leicester and stalling coaching wise his time is up. I’ll not be going near ravenhill while he’s there. I’m not watching 2/3 phases, knock on or penalty or 2/3 phases, box kick and knock on from catch. It’s utter sh!te and genuinely see better in the amateur game.

I see Cunningham and Petrie are in hiding …. Looking forward to hearing what they have to say. Heard Andrew Trimble say in a recent podcast that Bryn is one of the nicest guys he’s came across in the game. Well, nice guys come last, on yer bike. Petrie seems to be after a big ticket quick fix legacy, whether it be bringing in big name players or getting the stadium redeveloped (again??) Zero interest … get the underage rugby representation sorted asap that would be a legacy. But he’s no interest. They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Well that must mean Dan McF is an absolute nut job. Ffs just go and take your best mate Billy ‘most intelligent guy I’ve ever worked with’ Burns with ye.

I don’t know. Sometimes wonder why I care so much about this outfit when they give so little in return only annual failure.
Feck’em.

Ps Fair play Connaught they were class and thoroughly deserved their win. Thought brace only had eyes for our indiscretions and ours only. Majority were probably correct but it was one sided.
Regarding Aki and Hansen. It happened right in front of us. On the final whistle they extremely provocatively went straight to the crowd wumming like fcuk. I initially thought they obviously have a group of friends there but it was so over the top. Somebody (understandably :lol: ) clauded a pint at them and that’s when Aki started doing his nighty nighty malarkey. Really bad taste. In fact, two tr@mps even one of their team mates had to drag them away.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Agree with most of that HT. Many of us have been questioning Dan since last season, even before Payne and Peel went. Nothing new to say. Coaches have a lifespan.

Brace referee'd like he did because dumb Ulster allowed him to apply the letter of the law. Every isolated break had penalty written all over it. From where I was, I'd a good view of most from memorial end and after the initial approbation, said fair enough. I thought he was fair. The turnover penalty at 81 min was so predictable I'd have put my house on it. Some of the booing was one eyed and stupid. We should've either booed Ulster or turned our backs on this nonsense.

Given that, it was one of the more sustained crowd performances at Ravers in recent years- but maybe only because Dan and Ulster gave us so much to be vocal about, and not in a good way.

Ref Aki and Hansen, to be called out by 2 plastics is hilarious and as Hansen has demonstrated recently ref. "The English", he's as dumb as Ulster themselves.
Exterminate all rational thought
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

https://www.independent.ie/sport/united ... 74631.html

Fanning not going for the jugular, but not a lot to argue against either.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dublin4 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 5:39 pm The Ulster collapse last evening was truly shocking against opposition put away earlier in the season. An opposition that is only a developmental club with limited resources.
IRFU need to step in. They are not maximising their resources. Ulster has huge support relatively yet serial underachievement.
But FIRFU rightly probably look at it and go- put on your big boys and girls pants. Apart from great work by CLUBS, URFU is a shyteshow. Youth, women's and senior pro game is a joke, riddled by mediocre managers and jobs for the boys with a business model akin to the 2007 financial crash. Big bubble with no self awareness of impending collapse.
Only way for change is collapse in season tickets where we say "no more "
Give us a ruthless professional structure and coaching team, and break eggs.
Exterminate all rational thought