Ulster v Connacht

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Re: Ulster v Connacht

Post by thecrouch »

Setanta wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:56 am Just one question on top of those already highlighted. WHO decided to sub TMA for Milo at half-time?
Yea want to know the same thing. Milasinovich got folded like a deck chair in the very first scrum and did nothing for the remainder of the half.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

thecrouch wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:18 am
Setanta wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:56 am Just one question on top of those already highlighted. WHO decided to sub TMA for Milo at half-time?
Yea want to know the same thing. Milasinovich got folded like a deck chair in the very first scrum and did nothing for the remainder of the half.
You almost sound surprised :lol:
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

So It Is wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:22 am
Not even slightly, one of the biggest wastes of space to wear the shirt.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

At least he actually shows up compared to SVDM. Although not sure thats a good thing . . .
DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

Very first scrum he acted the big lad and pushed Buckley back after the whistle, then proceeded to get completely flattened
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

DodgyEverything wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:45 am
Very first scrum he acted the big lad and pushed Buckley back after the whistle, then proceeded to get completely flattened
We had to move Vermeulen to blindside and brought Carter on both to sit on Milasinovich backside at scrum time.

Happy enough with only two recognized tighthead props in the squad next season. If one got injured and Milo was to be kept as 3rd choice I'd rather just forfeit.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:52 am
We had to move Vermeulen to blindside and brought Carter on both to sit on Milasinovich backside at scrum time.

Happy enough with only two recognized tighthead props in the squad next season. If one got injured and Milo was to be kept as 3rd choice I'd rather just forfeit.
Maybe that’s the plan
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

Quite possibly the worst scrummaging TH I think I've ever seen at Ulster, though open for suggestions I'm sure there are a few (would make the cutoff at 15 caps)
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I, of course, do not know if tma was injured or otherwise unable to continue but I can imagine some non- member of the FRU saying one th is as good as another. If so, they should never be allowed any input to team selection. Indeed they should already have left! It was as good as announcing GAME OVER.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Player ratings:
Sutherland: 5 - he tried with several carries but his threat was nullified with Connacht's breakdown dominance.
Herring: 3 - offers very little imo. Not much of a carrier, no poaching threat and his darts can be iffy.
Jeff: 4 - held up the scrum. That's about it.
AOC: 4 - Worked hard but that's all you ever can say. He scored the try but it wasn't hard. An athletically limited player who doesn't let you down but you are let down by the lack of dynamic 2nd row power.
Treadwell: 3 - had one of his anonymous games. The clear out is a basic. Part of the overall ineffectiveness in this dept.
McCann: 3 - started well. Missed a tackle on a scrum half. He isn't it at present. Lacked power in the breakdown.
Timoney: 2 - not a 7. Just simply isn't. He's athletic and can run in straight lines with no one in front of him. Poor carrying and ruck presence.
Vermuelon: 3 - he's just too old, which isn't his fault. I don't want to disparage a great player.
Cooney: 5 - quite slow at times and ponderous. Poor box kicking but that's the McFarseland plan. Running good support lines.
Burns: 1 - he's lucky to get 1. Missed multiple tackles. Offered not a scrap of imagination. Doesn't kick out of hand because he can't. HE'S MEANT TO BE THE OUTHALF!!! Guess what else- HIS OTHER MAIN JOB IS PASSING WHICH HE IS AWFUL AT!! Get this fraud gone. He isn't a 10!!! He can't kick or pass or tackle. His passing is only behind, he isn't capable of passing to a player running onto the ball. It's not in his locker. THINK ABOUT THAT FFS!! The opposition know this (knowing he won't kick either) so they can rush without consequence as we won't get round the defence with backwards passing. Connacht put numbers into the breakdown as weren't going anywhere. We would also be short of numbers as our players have to retreat to the ruck because of the backwards passing. I would rather go with a youngster than another season of that.
Stockdale: 5 - hardly in the game but no major feck ups.
McCloskey: 4 - another big player gone AWOL. He is obviously targeted but he seems get very whingey with the ref and maybe losses focus.
Hume: 5 - a few glimpses of last year's form but not enough.
Baloucoune: 6 - easily our best player. Looked dangerous and wanted to offload plenty but the chances were few.
Lowry: 2 - he needs saved from his own tackle technique. Went off early as a result.

I'm not doing the subs. Stewart was probably the only decent one. I might be arrested for what I could say about others.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The Strangler said he nearly cried because they had let down all the players that were leaving. :scratch: Err ... were most of them not a large part of the problem on Friday?

He should have saved his greetin' for anybody that parted with their hard earned to watch that on Friday.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Cockatrice wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:14 am

Maybe that’s the plan
I suspect Warick'll go to TH in a crisis unless one of the low grade NIQs land or we bring through anyone in the academy? Why not- Dan is a scrum guru. Warwick may not offer too much around the pitch but he's rarely bested in the tight. If I was Grant I'd have him packing down against EOS and Kitschoff all summer
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

big mervyn wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:21 pm The Strangler said he nearly cried because they had let down all the players that were leaving. :scratch: Err ... were most of them not a large part of the problem on Friday?

He should have saved his greetin' for anybody that parted with their hard earned to watch that on Friday.
Agreed- I like AOC but priorities ffs! He looked haunted tbf
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

thecrouch wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:27 am
So It Is wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:22 am
Not even slightly, one of the biggest wastes of space to wear the shirt.
Imo Takes Joeli Veitayakis crown of being the biggest waste of space ever to don an Ulster shirt. And there have been some quare duds since he was here.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

DodgyEverything wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:39 am

Quite possibly the worst scrummaging TH I think I've ever seen at Ulster, though open for suggestions I'm sure there are a few (would make the cutoff at 15 caps)
Joel Teriyaki, the wrong Fijian? Schalk?
Wither Bronson Ross?