Bryn what do I do?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bobbievee
Warrior

Re: Bryn what do I do?

Post by Bobbievee »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:53 pm
Jackie Brown wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:35 pm

Get McCall and Humphreys back, at least they have something on their CVs.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Yes Jackie, nothing on Bryn's CV other than ERC winners medal and League Winner's medal. Most players who have played for Ulster can better that pof course. >EW

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not aiming at you Jackie, but by Christ there is some bullshit floating at present on this forum.
😂😂 increased exponentially since you came back!!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Big-al wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:14 am The loss of Payne was because of Dan. He wanted attack coach and Soper got it.

Perhaps, he felt threatened by his standing in the Ulster squad?
Payne was no loss at all, lacking mental acumen. He singlehandedly cost Ulster there best chance of winning the ERC in 2014 with utter stupidity after less that 4 minutes, his only other contribution that day booting the ball out on the full, again, lacking mental capacity.

Further idiocy - following the Liar Gibbes to Clermont.

Nobody needs that sort of a balloon.

As a player he was amongst the best fullbacks I've ever seen, a modest enough centre but of course that is where Ireland wanted him. Occasionally played for Ulster, if it wasn't too cold or he didn't have one of his mysterious injuries which baffled the Ulster medics more often than not, almost certainly medical science as well. When through 18 months playing comfortably more times for Ireland than Ulster.

I remember him within as much fondness as Chuck Piutau, another class player, this time as a winger but not a fullback as Clownshoes Kiss imagined. What a waste he was.

Let's see Payne at Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets and then potentially I'll be a duncher short......having eaten it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Baggy - despite us scraping into 2nd place (thanks to other results) it is a real stretch to say Payne (and peel to a lesser extent) hasn't been a loss this season. We have the same playing squad with young players who should be getting incrementally better year on year. So what has changed? The loss of a B&I lion who has been credited with having a superb defensive read replaced by an ulster ligend who did well to scrap a few Irish caps and who oversaw one of the worst defences in the premiership. I really liked Soper as a skills coach, but fear he has been promoted to a position he has zero experience in at a professional level. Peel for all his restrictions at the scarlets had them playing well towards the end of season and with Payne on board will likely make the most of their limited resources, which is more than can be said of ulster this year.
Last edited by jean valjean on Sun May 14, 2023 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Fair call JVJ. It's too coincidental that we've significantly stalled after they went.

Allied with Dan running out of ideas, bizarre selections/ banishments, plus NIQs and leaders who haven't stood up- we are where we are. Dream team... Agree ref Soper who was rated by IRFU as S.C.
Exterminate all rational thought
ljsulster
Novice

Post by ljsulster »

Soper an ex schools coach running a schoolboy style attack?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:35 pm

Get McCall and Humphreys back, at least they have something on their CVs.

Yes Jackie, nothing on Bryn's CV other than ERC winners medal and League Winner's medal. Most players who have played for Ulster can better that pof course. >EW

Image Image Image

Not aiming at you Jackie, but by Christ there is some bullshit floating at present on this forum.
Doesn't mean he's a decent director of rugby or whatever his job roll is called.

Solid under the high ball on a wet night in January though.

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:34 pm Baggy - despite us scraping into 2nd place (thanks to other results)
Correct- I mean we would have been 1st had it not been for Leinster beating Dragons, Zebre and Edinburgh.

Damn those pesky “other results”.

Understand it’s Blackett getting the credit for coming in and changing Scarlets’ season around (to some extent - they finished 14th).