Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

So It Is
Initiate

Re: Contract Situation

Post by So It Is »

thecrouch wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:18 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:12 pm If Hendo leaves I won't lose any sleep. Great player, a talisman but only when fit. He made 7 appearances playing 424 minutes for us this season. He managed 137 minutes for Ireland. A total of 34 games in the last 4 seasons for Ulster.

At 31 he won't be around for the next World Cup with his injury profile. Therefore I can see the IRFU reasoning if they're not prepared to break the bank to keep him, and want to develop and give younger locks international experience. My priority if I were the IRFU would be to allocate his salary to a younger lock. Likewise for Hendo, if he can get a big pay day in the sun elsewhere I say all the best to him he owes us nothing. Rugby is now a business, both parties have to do what is best for them.
The concern with Hendo is more off the field. He would be a big loss.
Sure we have Greg Jones for all that stuff. And he ain't going anywhere . . . cause no one will take him
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Just remember guys, no one is indespensible.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
nev666
Novice

Post by nev666 »

Does anyone have any idea what's happening with Will Addison?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

nev666 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:38 am Does anyone have any idea what's happening with Will Addison?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
He is staying, was mentioned in the recent Youtube thing with Johnny Petrie.
DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

French media reporting former LI 10 has signed for Lyon https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites ... on/1403017
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Well deserved
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Well done PJ. FIRFU 🖕
Exterminate all rational thought
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Meanwhile in Ireland the major debate is whether Kleyn is the greatest second row ever to be produced by Ireland/South Africa or whether Jonny is going to be banned for 6 days or 6 months.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

DodgyEverything wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:17 pm French media reporting former LI 10 has signed for Lyon https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites ... on/1403017
Excellent!! >appl
Is there any chance that Lyon and Ulster would have to play each other.......at Kingspan?
:stir:
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bobbievee wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:34 pm
DodgyEverything wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:17 pm French media reporting former LI 10 has signed for Lyon https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites ... on/1403017
Excellent!! >appl
Is there any chance that Lyon and Ulster would have to play each other.......at Kingspan?
Ulster could get them in the H Cup draw on Wednesday.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Neill_M wrote:
Bobbievee wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:34 pm
Excellent!! >appl
Ulster could get them in the H Cup draw on Wednesday.
ImageImageImage
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

If true, Lyon must be laughing. Top class 10, probably at a discounted rate. Would be interesting to see length of contract.

Funny how things work out….PJ Will likely have a far more interesting career than most - international…than pro14, France, England, France. Likely another 4/5 decent yrs left in him maybe more if he takes care of himself.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Feed on the hate and f#ck the haters PJ. Any chance SO could make a move back to the top 14?
Exterminate all rational thought
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dharper wrote:If true, Lyon must be laughing. Top class 10, probably at a discounted rate. Would be interesting to see length of contract.

Funny how things work out….PJ Will likely have a far more interesting career than most - international…than pro14, France, England, France. Likely another 4/5 decent yrs left in him maybe more if he takes care of himself.
He's had to work his way back up to this point. Perpignan to LI and now (if true) a top European side. He could pocket a few mill now and retire into the French countryside or the burbs of London.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Dave wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:31 pm
Dharper wrote:If true, Lyon must be laughing. Top class 10, probably at a discounted rate. Would be interesting to see length of contract.

He's had to work his way back up to this point. Perpignan to LI and now (if true) a top European side. He could pocket a few mill now and retire into the French countryside or the burbs of London.
1 year contract per Daily Telegraph