Plastic Pitch

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Plastic Pitch

Post by BR »

damianmcr wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:46 am
Belfast city councillors are to visit Ulster Rugby’s Kingspan stadium before deciding on planning permission for its proposed new 3G pitch. 🏉

At meeting of planning committee, councillors decided to seek further information & visit the stadium, before reaching a conclusion.
Bobbievee wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:17 am So what was the BCC decision tonight?
Junket.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BR wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:34 am
Belfast city councillors are to visit Ulster Rugby’s Kingspan stadium before deciding on planning permission for its proposed new 3G pitch. 🏉

At meeting of planning committee, councillors decided to seek further information & visit the stadium, before reaching a conclusion.
Bobbievee wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:17 am So what was the BCC decision tonight?
Junket.
BR I read the issues and to be honest UR failed to submit any biodiversity or environmental reports which should have been. Seems they just thought they would decide to go plastic and nothing would get in way. Huge gaps in their application and I spoke to a resident who attended a meeting with UR and he walked out after being insulted by JP seems the general census was the arrogance of them…

Seems the decision last night was you haven’t supplied all this info and there are therefore concerns that need checked so wile will visit to see for selves..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cockatrice wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:01 am

Junket.
BR I read the issues and to be honest UR failed to submit any biodiversity or environmental reports which should have been. Seems they just thought they would decide to go plastic and nothing would get in way. Huge gaps in their application and I spoke to a resident who attended a meeting with UR and he walked out after being insulted by JP seems the general census was the arrogance of them…

Seems the decision last night was you haven’t supplied all this info and there are therefore concerns that need checked so wile will visit to see for selves..
While I agree with the first part, the professional planners are more than capable of dealing with shortfall of information and reporting back.

No need for elected representatives to visit. They are the Blazers of local government.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BR wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:09 am
Cockatrice wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:01 am

Junket.

While I agree with the first part, the professional planners are more than capable of dealing with shortfall of information and reporting back.

No need for elected representatives to visit. They are the Blazers of local government.
Agree they are the blazers but unfortunately planning application went before the committee and they deferred it because of the environmental gaps. My friend at the same meeting told me that UR actually admitted in public that they discharge harmful chemicals into the Loop River an a reason why councillors maybe want to visit as they maintain the greenway
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Anyone have they planning reference number? Interested to see the responses on the planning portal
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

jean valjean wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:38 pm Anyone have they planning reference number? Interested to see the responses on the planning portal
Application Reference: LA04/2023/2891/F
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

A few complimentary tickets required plus a few from the GAA wanting to see the facilities that might be nice to have in Casement .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

jean valjean wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:38 pm Anyone have they planning reference number? Interested to see the responses on the planning portal
Does the planning portal work?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

If the next meeting of the committee is in August, is there enough time to complete the pitch before the season starts IF it gets the green light?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

See in the Telly an application for planning a plastic pitch at the oval

Will the Committee inspect to oval ????
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Probably seeing that rubber Infill is now banned unless they decide the sense to use one of the alternative infills..
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Neill_M wrote:If the next meeting of the committee is in August, is there enough time to complete the pitch before the season starts IF it gets the green light?
I highly doubt it.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

shamalicious wrote:
Neill_M wrote:If the next meeting of the committee is in August, is there enough time to complete the pitch before the season starts IF it gets the green light?
I highly doubt it.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
Will we have to play our home games at DonkeybrookImage

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

I assume our current grass pitch is like a meadow now.
Helping environmental issues for a few weeks. :stir: