2023 world cup

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: 2023 world cup

Post by solidarity »

Irish tricolour and Ulster flag - interesting. Should it not be tricolour and NI flag? having said that, why bother with two?
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

solidarity wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:31 pm Irish tricolour and Ulster flag - interesting. Should it not be tricolour and NI flag? having said that, why bother with two?
Leinster provincial flag only...
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Nice to see Ireland hammer a minnow. We usually don't and the neutral crowd enjoy seeing us humbled. Think of Georgia or Namibia.
Ruthlessness is good.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

If they used the NI fleg, people would start saying that 'our wee country' bollex. That must be avoided.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

What the hell was that from the Georgian 15?

14 point swing there.

Cost me some cash I suspect.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Thought I was Georgia +20 but it was +21!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The argies are incredibly dumb. They will never get the Falklands now.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Dropped goals come back?!!.
See my post under the dropp d goals thread 3 years s ago
Merv……when was Ulster’s last??
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

They would make a bigger come back if they were worth 4 points since it might render the current 'Lift-Pick-Bind" white line -"is it a try or not game redundant. a score worth less than a try but more than a penalty

Of course in the interests of the making the game more flowing do away with the conversion and make the try worth 7 points -- the logic being a penalty try is worth 7 points --and the penalty try is the decision of a referee -- and not all referees might give the same decision.

A great deal of time is lost taking place kicks both Penalties and Conversions nearly as much a referees resetting scrums --

The resetting of a scrum is of course the result of a referees inability to identify the which side has fouled first in the scrum which of course lends it self to the fact that referees frequently penalise the second foul and not the first. ie penalising a player going down when he has been pulled - bent or bored down.

But those observations are the stupid nature of the laws of the game which referees enforce .

the most obvious stupid" base idea" of the current game is about head contact

Which is based of the assumption that a defender has options -- a defender faces only two options to try to tackle or not -- rather than high or low the latter option low -- frequently does not exist --within the time period provided. the attacker on the other hand has more options -- pass - hand off --or try to avoid contact -- ie the decision to avoid contact rests with the attacker not the defender and yet the defender is blamed for the nature of contact.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

rumncoke wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:10 am They would make a bigger come back if they were worth 4 points since it might render the current 'Lift-Pick-Bind" white line -"is it a try or not game redundant. a score worth less than a try but more than a penalty

Of course in the interests of the making the game more flowing do away with the conversion and make the try worth 7 points -- the logic being a penalty try is worth 7 points --and the penalty try is the decision of a referee -- and not all referees might give the same decision.

A great deal of time is lost taking place kicks both Penalties and Conversions nearly as much a referees resetting scrums --

The resetting of a scrum is of course the result of a referees inability to identify the which side has fouled first in the scrum which of course lends it self to the fact that referees frequently penalise the second foul and not the first. ie penalising a player going down when he has been pulled - bent or bored down.

But those observations are the stupid nature of the laws of the game which referees enforce .

the most obvious stupid" base idea" of the current game is about head contact

Which is based of the assumption that a defender has options -- a defender faces only two options to try to tackle or not -- rather than high or low the latter option low -- frequently does not exist --within the time period provided. the attacker on the other hand has more options -- pass - hand off --or try to avoid contact -- ie the decision to avoid contact rests with the attacker not the defender and yet the defender is blamed for the nature of contact.
An interesting perception, the last part has more merit than almost all I have read about the game this year.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I heard a bit of speculatiion this morning that the Argies didn't look interested yesterday because they weren't really interested. They only need to beat the other three teams in order to qualify, so get through the England game without any injuries and go for the throat with the others.

Could be...

I love a good conspiracy theory.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Kitshoff will fit in really well.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

IMG-20230910-WA0018.jpg
IMG-20230910-WA0018.jpg (86.73 KiB) Viewed 1297 times
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Liam Williams remains a kunt.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ref is Whales fan, also it seems.