2023 world cup

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: 2023 world cup

Post by rumncoke »

My reasoning on Herring is --Herring breaks from a maul and dives and stretches for the line whereas Kelleher more often prefers to be pushed over the line and drops to score. The ABs cleverly turned the maul with two players waiting for Kelleher on the line to hols him up and get under him.

Similarly Joe was well aware of the Leinster ploy of sticking "the ball up the Jersey" when in the opposition half between the half way line and 22 tempting the opposition to try and gain possession , seeking a penalty into the corner. The ABs patiently double tackled to slow recycle and spread the defence across the field denying Ireland continuous progress over the gain line.

Then again they had done their home work on Barnes who seldom referees a line out for anything other than a crooked throw and like all referees is short of knowledge of front row ploys to obtain a penalty .

Most props will try something once but seldom would repeat it if penalised thus my take on the scrum was that AB tightwad was boring in on the Irish hooker realising that Porter binds and sets at an angle to avoid being separated from the hooker thus when push came on Porter was turned into the scrum and appeared to be boring.

Which is an explanation of Porters frustration with Barnes at scrum time his failure to realise that props if penalised don't deliberately repeat the offence the offence is only repeated when it goes unpenalised and the person offending was the AB tighthead.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

QF and home, tough crap Paddies. Great to see Sexton taking defeat like a man, having to be held back by Conan. God I'm glad to see the back of the churlish swine. He's no Paddy Jackson you know.

Hopefully South Africa will blatter England and NZ to retain the Cup. I do love their style of play and whilst I wished nothing for Sexton, it would please me to see Duane go out a winner.

See you all next year...probably.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Who'd of thunk it eh Baggster, good old blighty last men standing in the Northern Hemisphere, we might be the worst of the bunch, but you've gotta be in it to win it lol
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

IMG-20231017-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20231017-WA0003.jpg (85.98 KiB) Viewed 3609 times
Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Sir Ivor
Novice

Post by Sir Ivor »

Did anyone else think South Africa had a lot of temporary subs due to HIAs? Or were some concussed shoulders?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Sir Ivor wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:15 pm Did anyone else think South Africa had a lot of temporary subs due to HIAs? Or were some concussed shoulders?
Wouldn’t be the first time in this WC.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bringing a 53 year old Duane Vermeulen back on....is that the conspiracy?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

tigerburnie wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:45 pm Who'd of thunk it eh Baggster, good old blighty last men standing in the Northern Hemisphere, we might be the worst of the bunch, but you've gotta be in it to win it lol
The good old Tommies eh TB 👍 not very good but at least you turn up and get it done :thumleft:
Exterminate all rational thought
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Dave wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:23 am Bringing a 53 year old Duane Vermeulen back on....is that the conspiracy?
Is this Duane Vermeulen the same Duane Vermeulen who used to hang about the pitch while others were playing rugby in Ravers. He seems to be twice the player that the other one was.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:What did Rieko Ioane say to Janny at the end that got him all riled up and prompted several unseemly instances of "hold me back, hold me back"

"You're just a sh$t Ronan O'Gara" perhaps?

or "Are you Rory McIlroy in disguise?"
https://www.benchwarmers.ie/sam-cane-ru ... 0ho9Wu9SzU

I love a good WhatsApp leak myself Image
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Hopefully Brodie isn’t planning a career in comedy after he hangs his boots up.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

We couldn’t get too close to Dan as he had a nice cream jacket on which meant none of us could hug him."
New Zealand head coach Ian Foster reveals that Dan Carter's choice of clothing meant the All Blacks couldn't show their delight at seeing him at their training session
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:Hopefully Brodie isn’t planning a career in comedy after he hangs his boots up.
Agreed. Awful banter.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:17 am
justinr73 wrote:Hopefully Brodie isn’t planning a career in comedy after he hangs his boots up.
Agreed. Awful banter.
Not being one to generalise >EW but the southern hemisphere rugby contingency are a very boorish lot.
The social media outpourings from south of the equator are pure poison
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Sexton a reputation built on attitude and a drop goal like ROG before him

The RoG book of coaching --( Plagiarised from the English) find the heaviest 15 men you can and train them to run with a ball 10 yards and recycle

Sexton isto write a new text book -- "the leinster art of moaning "
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist