Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jetstream
Steward

Re: Injury Update

Post by Jetstream »

pip14 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:43 pm
damianmcr wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:26 pm [quote=kingofthehill post_id=732404 time=<a href="tel:1701345177">1701345177</a> user_id=1808]
Silverstu wrote:No sign of Dave McCann in the pictures....
ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spill the beans jeez. You'll have pip looking in bins if you keep this up.

already checked, can’t find FA :roll:

[/quote]

Planet Rugby poster claims Dave McCann suffered a serious injury. I hope they are wrong.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The Ulster Rugby Medical Performance team has issued a squad update ahead of Saturday's BKT United Rugby Championship Round 7 fixture against Edinburgh Rugby at Kingspan Stadium.

Iain Henderson (hip) and Luke Marshall (shoulder) both sustained injuries in last weekend’s game against Glasgow Warriors, and are unavailable for selection this week. Jake Flannery (groin) was injured during the warm-up for the same game, and he too is unavailable for this week's URC game against Edinburgh.

Rob Herring is also on the current injury list due to a calf injury that he suffered in training last week.

Other players currently unavailable for selection are Ethan McIlroy (facial fracture and concussion), Sean Reffell (ankle), Angus Curtis (concussion), James McCormick (shoulder), Marcus Rea (elbow), Callum Reid (back), Michael Lowry (hip), and David McCann (ankle).

The following players have now re-integrated into team training following recent injury and their fitness for selection has been monitored through this week: Dave Ewers (hip), Nick Timoney (knee), Stewart Moore (hamstring), Jude Postlethwaite (shoulder), Greg Jones (shoulder), and John Andrew (neck).

Squad updates in association with The Ulster Independent Clinic.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

So has McCann broken his ankle or solely done the ligaments?

Had a feeling Billy would be good to go.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

justinr73 wrote:So has McCann broken his ankle or solely done the ligaments?

The ligament situated at the front of the ankle which typically requires around 6-8 weeks for recovery apparently.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

kingofthehill wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:04 am

The ligament situated at the front of the ankle which typically requires around 6-8 weeks for recovery apparently.

What about Henderson?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

damianmcr wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:16 am

What about Henderson?
I'm sure Henderson's injury will sort itself out in time for the 2 euro games, and then he might suffer a relapse.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Awful timing for the lad.

Could have been a bolter for the 6N and our season may well be over by the time he gets back (unless we ‘do a Munster’)!

Relieved to hear it’s not something more sinister but, in saying that, Reffell did something similar in Treviso in January!
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Id much prefer getting to the latter stages with a fit squad than getting a top 2 finish and banking on home games to carry us through as last year proved. We will give any team in the league a tough game with everyone fit and firing outside of leinster. Getting into the top 8 to qualify for Europe and the knockouts is the first task. Any further up the table is a bonus, but a fit squad is more important as munster proved.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:36 am

Could have been a bolter for the 6N and our season may well be over by the time he gets back (unless we ‘do a Munster’)!

Relieved to hear it’s not something more sinister but, in saying that, Reffell did something similar in Treviso in January!
McCann would probably have been included in the wider 6N training camp so it'll be a blow for the lad if it's true.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

thecrouch wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:48 am
justinr73 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:36 am

McCann would probably have been included in the wider 6N training camp so it'll be a blow for the lad if it's true.
His performances early season will be like money in the bank. If Farrell is impressed by him and he is fit he will still get included.

He might be back at end of December if it’s a 6 week recovery. (Considering he’s been injured two weeks ago now)

I hope the young backrowers get selected ahead of Jones and Matty Rea. Both those guys won’t improve much, but the likes of McNabney, Crothers and Sheridan could improve greatly even over the next few months. They are worth persevering with.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Nearer 1 week than 2, as he looked alright at the end of the Lions game, but, yes, he’s certainly now on the radar.

Maybe we’ll see a bit of Greg Jones - his ‘tache is generally in pretty good shape at the end of Movember.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Not the worst apart from timing and loss of a form player, although Greg's back........ :duck:
Exterminate all rational thought
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:55 pm Not the worst apart from timing and loss of a form player, although Greg's back........ :duck:
Wot about Greg's back?

I thought it was his shoulder was the problem?

Has it moved to his back now?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Neill_M wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:40 am The Ulster Rugby Medical Performance team has issued a squad update ahead of Saturday's BKT United Rugby Championship Round 7 fixture against Edinburgh Rugby at Kingspan Stadium.

Iain Henderson (hip) and Luke Marshall (shoulder) both sustained injuries in last weekend’s game against Glasgow Warriors, and are unavailable for selection this week. Jake Flannery (groin) was injured during the warm-up for the same game, and he too is unavailable for this week's URC game against Edinburgh.

Rob Herring is also on the current injury list due to a calf injury that he suffered in training last week.

Other players currently unavailable for selection are Ethan McIlroy (facial fracture and concussion), Sean Reffell (ankle), Angus Curtis (concussion), James McCormick (shoulder), Marcus Rea (elbow), Callum Reid (back), Michael Lowry (hip), and David McCann (ankle).

The following players have now re-integrated into team training following recent injury and their fitness for selection has been monitored through this week: Dave Ewers (hip), Nick Timoney (knee), Stewart Moore (hamstring), Jude Postlethwaite (shoulder), Greg Jones (shoulder), and John Andrew (neck).

Squad updates in association with The Ulster Independent Clinic.
Looks like we have the same number of injuries as Embra. Theirs might be more significant than ours
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

In news that I am sure will cause widespread shock, Henderson's injury that kept him out of the Edinburgh game has cleared up and he's back training again.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND