URC: Ulster Rugby v Edinburgh Rugby Sat 2nd Dec 17:15

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Re: URC: Ulster Rugby v Edinburgh Rugby Sat 2nd Dec 17:15

Post by HammerTime »

Dan McFarland out!. Seriously, OUT TE feck!! ZERO IMPROVEMENT ... same P!sh as the last 3-4 years. This guys best performance was in 2018 v Leinster at the Aviva and that was a loss ffs. Leinster bring in Nienaber with 2 world cups and we brought in Dan Soper from Banbridge. What do you expect?? Cunningham ... the ultimate grey man is he even still alive?? Every other Province bringing in Irish qualified and project players all over the show and he's found absolutely fcuk all. That's an atrocious performance and looking like zero points at home to a mediocre Edinburgh team.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

McFarseland out.

He doesn't want to be here. Players can't stand him, look at Cooney and McCloskey when going off. Talked up a big expansive game but can't deliver it.

Thanks for everything but time to go.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

"We'll take the learnings going forward" Has he trotted that out yet? Very reminiscent of Eddie Jones. Excuse after excuse.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

He should've gone after last year's QF loss to Connacht. Nothing fresh to say. But we don't have a pot to pish in, so we're stuck.

Kid from Mad-" wtf have I done? " :duh:
Exterminate all rational thought
Horse15
Novice

Post by Horse15 »

It’s just not McFarland it’s the whole coaching ticket. Soper got this job on the back of one of the best schools sides ever. Cooney so much better than Doak but his father’s involvement gets him the position.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Horse15 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:10 pm It’s just not McFarland it’s the whole coaching ticket. Soper got this job on the back of one of the best schools sides ever. Cooney so much better than Doak but his father’s involvement gets him the position.
The coaching team is a shambles. Defence, everything. Some good kids and talent being wasted
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

A fish rots from the head down.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Horse15 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:10 pm It’s just not McFarland it’s the whole coaching ticket. Soper got this job on the back of one of the best schools sides ever. Cooney so much better than Doak but his father’s involvement gets him the position.
The coaching team is a shambles. Defence, everything. Some good kids and talent being wasted
McFarland the problem and we can’t afford to get rid of him. So for that, we should also hold Petrie accountable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:00 pm He should've gone after last year's QF loss to Connacht. Nothing fresh to say. But we don't have a pot to pish in, so we're stuck.

There's not any one individual performance that makes me think he should go, but the Leicester job interview a few months after signing a new contract makes it clear his heart isn't in it here anymore and that for me was the line.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

kingofthehill wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:24 pm If Matty Rea makes a team then I worry

Was Rea playing? Didn't notice him...

Small positives but thought Burns put jn a good shift and McNabney looked good again. In general a pretty dire performance though.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Hope Moxham is alright, looked nasty.
Hawkeye
Novice

Post by Hawkeye »

We should have been moving heaven and earth to entice Jared or Ruan back. The problem is from Petrie down no one is prepared to do that. A ‘marquee’ signing to get the fans excited is all they can manage. I’m sure SK is a good guy but as with Coetzee and Vermeulen they only play as good as the team around them. As has been said here many times, invest in the Academy and grow from the roots up and don’t buy a sparkly bloom while the rest of the plant rots. Well that enough of the horticultural lecture. One thing is sure, we the loyal Ulster supporters will be here come hell or high water when Petrie et al are long gone.
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

MightyRearranger wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:25 pm
kingofthehill wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:24 pm If Matty Rea makes a team then I worry

Was Rea playing? Didn't notice him...

Small positives but thought Burns put jn a good shift and McNabney looked good again. In general a pretty dire performance though.
I’d love to see a video analysis of some of the defensive ruck involvements Rea had…
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

MightyRearranger wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:23 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:00 pm He should've gone after last year's QF loss to Connacht. Nothing fresh to say. But we don't have a pot to pish in, so we're stuck.

There's not any one individual performance that makes me think he should go, but the Leicester job interview a few months after signing a new contract makes it clear his heart isn't in it here anymore and that for me was the line.
Been a rolling accumulation but yea, Leicester showed the true colours. Like a failed marriage where both parties can't afford the divorce bill
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:15 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
McFarland the problem and we can’t afford to get rid of him. So for that, we should also hold Petrie accountable.

Amen King :salut: