Any word on the Academy?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Re: Any word on the Academy?

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Horse15 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:30 pm
ljsulster wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:48 pm
Horse15 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:13 pm
Blow in wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:38 pm
UlsterAreBrill wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:12 pm

Therein lies your answer

Young lads thrown in the deep end - their team is entirely made up of students. There’s a fairly big jump between 1B/2A as well

Doesn’t help that Instonians have poached about two thirds of their team either over the years. Lost Whitten, Dillon and McMaster to them this season
Was never going to work players want to play not get dropped because some snotty nosed youngster is in the academy.
Whitten was always going to play with his brothers
It looks a very weak ulster development side compared to the Munster one. A few kids on the ulster side will get a rude awakening. Know a few of the Ulster backs - centres lack pace and McNamara has come from nowhere through Instonians, seems a strange call.
You were very very very wrong
Wrong about what? I was at the game. Munster decided to play a schools team. Who stood out for you 😂
Lay off the wine horse

You’ve just said this was a very weak Ulster development team and Munster have sent out a better team, who suddenly are just all schoolboys? 😂😂

FYI bar about 4-5 games Jonny Scott has started the majority of Bann games this season. Muppet 👍
Bigfacthunt
Novice

Post by Bigfacthunt »

Muppet
Bigfacthunt
Novice

Post by Bigfacthunt »

UlsterAreBrill wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:07 pm Are you Clem Boyd in disguise?
Doubt that as I think his son Jacob plays for Queens.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Horse15
Novice

Post by Horse15 »

kingofthehill wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:38 pm Summary of the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spoke to one of the ulster guys pre game who was embarrassed to be involved in this game. Standard of the play was poor from Munster. Have never seen such a dire Munster pack, which we steam rolled. Our backline went from side to side with no penetration. Munster mistakes were capitalised on. There 10 and 12 despite having a famous father were shocking. Malone played well, McNamara was good, McKee used the poor floodlights well and pack in general were too strong for a very very poor Munster side.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Regardless of the strength of the sides, it’s great to see an Ulster representative side win another game.👍
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Horse15 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:05 am

Spoke to one of the ulster guys pre game who was embarrassed to be involved in this game. Standard of the play was poor from Munster. Have never seen such a dire Munster pack, which we steam rolled. Our backline went from side to side with no penetration. Munster mistakes were capitalised on. There 10 and 12 despite having a famous father were shocking. Malone played well, McNamara was good, McKee used the poor floodlights well and pack in general were too strong for a very very poor Munster side.
That’s not ulsters fault. Ulster named a very inexperienced team of promising AIL players and teenagers. Munster had some more recognised players in their side.

Anyway, I’m assuming we’ve won. What was the scoreline.
ljsulster
Novice

Post by ljsulster »

40-7
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Good to see the consistent UR approach to back play percolating down to the cubs. " Side to side with no penetration... "
Exterminate all rational thought
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Bigfacthunt wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:24 am
UlsterAreBrill wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:07 pm Are you Clem Boyd in disguise?
Doubt that as I think his son Jacob plays for Queens.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Only a matter of time before Stones get the cheque book out again then
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

UlsterAreBrill wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:47 pm

Josh Stevens, Ellerby both very good. Doak is just a big lump but didn’t offer much imo. Jonny Scott motm for me, thought he was excellent. Malone had a couple of nice touches too
Going away to Loughborough has suited Malone, he seems to have had his head surgically removed from another part of his anatomy (mind you a good kid) and seems the body is coming together with age and most probably better conditioning. He always could read a game very well with great hands.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Said Ulster guy needs to catch a grip, and remove himself from the system, he's the one embarrassing himself if this is true. I very much doubt it is true though. In all my years involved with Ulster I've heard and seen bad attitude yes, but someone say embarrassed to represent their province, really?

Sounds like utter tripe.
Horse15
Novice

Post by Horse15 »

:fleg:
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:04 am

Said Ulster guy needs to catch a grip, and remove himself from the system, he's the one embarrassing himself if this is true. I very much doubt it is true though. In all my years involved with Ulster I've heard and seen bad attitude yes, but someone say embarrassed to represent their province, really?

Sounds like utter tripe.
Nobody said anybody was embarrassed to represent their province. Stand back and think about a couple of things; the number of kids that are taking their own decision to drop out of the UR system; Why were school kids asked to play in this game? You had some players who have played A/ senior level rugby asked to play with school kids or others they will not have heard off; Were Malone and Macnamara just brought in because we couldn’t get numbers.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

>bs
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Spoke to one of the ulster guys pre game who was embarrassed to be involved in this game.
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Horse15 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:31 am :fleg:
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:04 am

Sounds like utter tripe.
Nobody said anybody was embarrassed to represent their province. Stand back and think about a couple of things; the number of kids that are taking their own decision to drop out of the UR system; Why were school kids asked to play in this game? You had some players who have played A/ senior level rugby asked to play with school kids or others they will not have heard off; Were Malone and Macnamara just brought in because we couldn’t get numbers.

Well
Spoke to one of the ulster guys pre game who was embarrassed to be involved in this game.

would equate to embarrassed to represent their province, whether thats in a management, kit man, playing role etc makes no difference. Why would you not ask talented school boys to play, an opportunity to accelerate their growth, an insight into how those within the current system behave and prepare. See my previous comment above on Malone, all players develop at different rates it would be stupid not to keep a tag on a player who has the potential to make it as a pro.