Ulster vs Stade Toulousain 13/01/24 TNT Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

So It Is
Initiate

Re: Ulster vs Stade Toulousain 13/01/24 TNT Sports

Post by So It Is »

My one observation of Ulster is that they will play much better when expectations are low, and they will bottle things when expectations are high.

So I for one expect us to get absolutely smashed on Saturday. No chance lads. :thumleft:
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:57 pm Love the way we found a way to win in the interpros and a lot of that is to do with signing SK and DE, two tough buggers who have won more than a Schools Cup.

And we need to be allowed to sign more of them.

In the meantime, a thrashing or a classic does sound about right.

Let’s switch Billy on to full mercurial mode and get him punting those little kicks left, right and centre.
Toulouse will be expecting those plays from Billy now. Key will be keeping the element of surprise but also being able to exploit the other attacking options it will present. That's an area ulster has struggled in for most of this season.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

By my reckoning :-

Ulster could qualify for the knockout stages this weekend if they win (4pts) and Quins win at Cardiff and Bath beat Racing at The Rec, without either Cardiff or Racing getting 2 LBP's (both very possible). It would make finishing in the top 2 though highly unlikely, as would expect Toulouse to beat Bath in France in their final game.

An ulster win and a Racing win at Bath this weekend would give ulster a decent chance of a top 2 finish , IF THEY ALSO WON AT QUINS, given Tolouse vs Bath next weekend . However a loss at Quins in this scenario could see them eliminated, with Racing and Quins moving ahead of them.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bart S wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:08 pm By my reckoning :-

Ulster could qualify for the knockout stages this weekend if they win (4pts) and Quins win at Cardiff and Bath beat Racing at The Rec, without either Cardiff or Racing getting 2 LBP's (both very possible). It would make finishing in the top 2 though highly unlikely, as would expect Toulouse to beat Bath in France in their final game.

An ulster win and a Racing win at Bath this weekend would give ulster a decent chance of a top 2 finish , IF THEY ALSO WON AT QUINS, given Tolouse vs Bath next weekend . However a loss at Quins in this scenario could see them eliminated, with Racing and Quins moving ahead of them.
In your 2nd scenario, important to note 5th in the pool drops into the Parker Pen.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Oh for a game against Cardiff. Jokeshop competition rules.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Serious question:

Is there a chance of the pitch being frozen again this weekend? I’ll be mightily cheesed off, as I’m flying back over for the game.
As an aside what have UR got in place to avoid this scenario, now they’ve gone down the plastic pitch route?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Snow covered and Icy terraces match moved to Dublin
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Dharper wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:11 am Serious question:

Is there a chance of the pitch being frozen again this weekend? I’ll be mightily cheesed off, as I’m flying back over for the game.
As an aside what have UR got in place to avoid this scenario, now they’ve gone down the plastic pitch route?
It’s not mild by any means. I’d recommend a thick pair of socks.

Hope you manage to land at the scheduled airport, unlike me the other day. Fog forecast for Friday.
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Former work colleague, French, emailed me, so 20 Toulousain fans flying from Geneva Friday, rendezvous in Wetherspoons, coach booked to Giants Causeway Saturday morning, including whiskey tasting session at Bushmills, back to hotel and onto Ravenhill for game, proper fans. He asked for suggestions about what to do in Belfast on Sunday morning, so I'm struggling, Martyrs Memorial perhaps....
Off the Top
Initiate

Post by Off the Top »

Marco wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:13 am Former work colleague, French, emailed me, so 20 Toulousain fans flying from Geneva Friday, rendezvous in Wetherspoons, coach booked to Giants Causeway Saturday morning, including whiskey tasting session at Bushmills, back to hotel and onto Ravenhill for game, proper fans. He asked for suggestions about what to do in Belfast on Sunday morning, so I'm struggling, Martyrs Memorial perhaps....
I think St George's Market is open on Sunday mornings. That should keep them busy until the pubs open!!
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Will be interested to see who gets the nod in the back row for this one - against Racing it was Ewers, Timoney and Rea with Sheridan off the bench. But it seems harsh to drop Reffell after the last 2 games
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

SUFTUM_19 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:23 pm Will be interested to see who gets the nod in the back row for this one - against Racing it was Ewers, Timoney and Rea with Sheridan off the bench. But it seems harsh to drop Reffell after the last 2 games
But it’s three starts and three wins for Matty!

Quite like Reffell. He certainly gets in the thick of it.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:03 pm
SUFTUM_19 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:23 pm Will be interested to see who gets the nod in the back row for this one - against Racing it was Ewers, Timoney and Rea with Sheridan off the bench. But it seems harsh to drop Reffell after the last 2 games
But it’s three starts and three wins for Matty!

Quite like Reffell. He certainly gets in the thick of it.
That prop who got mangled against Munster early in the season probably has a better wins:starts ratio than Matty for this season.

But guaranteed the backrow will be Matty plus 2 others.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Lest We Forget, it will officially be DAY 6202.
Or put another way, just 8 days shy of 17 long years.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Wonder how far off McCann is. He'd be a huge boost if fit.