Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Re: Contract Situation

Post by HammerTime »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:45 pm
HammerTime wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:35 pm Yep, Greg Jones also. Ulster low balling youngsters left right and centre. Absolute dire straights and makes you wonder wtf we went balls deep in with Kitschoff at half a mil per year.
Never made sense to me as you know, given we could've had Sutherland AND LTA for much the same combined.

Babbling having EOS gone too which is fine by me and no surprise. Need to get Irvine and Hopes into the gym pronto. What a shyte show all in all. Too much dross.
Utterly depressing. Seeing Ireland ripping France a new one and the other provinces kicking on ... it feels like we are right back at the depths of the court case era again if not worse. Petrie/Cunningham/McFarland are running this organisation into the ground.
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Really begs the question who is running the accounts, some seriously questionable decisions being made lately - signing Coetzee, Vermuelan, Kitschoff and Ewers on big money bar maybe Ewers, on top of the massive academy/sub-academy intake this year too. Doesn’t reflect well on Petrie giving the above the green light
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

MC was signed 8 years ago….

I’ve no problem with spending money on (the right kind of) big names or the academy but it’s squad filler of the likes of Jones and Shanners that we’ve been almost obliged to re-contract where the waste is.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:27 pm MC was signed 8 years ago….

I’ve no problem with spending money on (the right kind of) big names or the academy but it’s squad filler of the likes of Jones and Shanners that we’ve been almost obliged to re-contract where the waste is.
Big name signings are for revenue generation and allegedly developing the leadership group. Other NIQs should be value for money signings to bolster areas of squad weakness unfilled by competent IQs. In cinema parlance, we're therefore gonna need a bigger boat...

Ref Solomons thought he was long retired? He must be well into his 70s/80s?
Exterminate all rational thought
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Solomons is 73 and retired.
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

While not absolving Petrie I think we need to look at quite a few others From looking at the articles of association for UR it seems that the Professional Game Board ultimately reports, or at least is under the supervision, of the Management Committee
Management Committee

Chairman P Terrington, President D Gardiner, M Boyd, G Irwin, CW Watson, J McKibbin, E Graham, L Rocke, P Stewart, P Hart, J Petrie.

In total 19 blazers on both ( Petrie sits on both commiittees). I really cannot see how the lack of oversight and scrutiny has been allowed to develop and ultimately lead to the current financial mess. You would have though that there might have been one or two members that might have raised concerns. But I suppose if there are jollys, troughs to get you snout in and blazers to worn these things can happem
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Most of the players not getting their contract renewed won’t be a massive loss.

I think Cunningham, McFarland (& his staff) have serious questions to answer. For whatever reason, we have regressed massively in the last two seasons.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

horslips wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:01 pm While not absolving Petrie I think we need to look at quite a few others From looking at the articles of association for UR it seems that the Professional Game Board ultimately reports, or at least is under the supervision, of the Management Committee
Management Committee

Chairman P Terrington, President D Gardiner, M Boyd, G Irwin, CW Watson, J McKibbin, E Graham, L Rocke, P Stewart, P Hart, J Petrie.

In total 19 blazers on both ( Petrie sits on both commiittees). I really cannot see how the lack of oversight and scrutiny has been allowed to develop and ultimately lead to the current financial mess. You would have though that there might have been one or two members that might have raised concerns. But I suppose if there are jollys, troughs to get you snout in and blazers to worn these things can happem
There is no way this is all due to the unexpected loss of income from one game. Are we really living that hand to mouth, where is any long term planning and contingency. Big budget NIQs should never have been considered if we were that close to the wire financially. It all suggests financial disfunction between Belfast and Dublin, and I wonder between Nucifora and Humph.

If not managed with a degree of competence we could be in a vicious cycle of reduced performance, less knockout games, falling attendances, reduced income.

As for the blazers, frankly anyone on a committee to do with the pro game should be on a full time contract, and if that means the majority of the committee is based in Dublin I would have no problem with that. It should also never have 11 people, utterly ridiculous.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Anyone want a season ticket for the Titanic?
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

Well said Lurgan Lad
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

solidarity wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:42 pm Anyone want a season ticket for the Titanic?
Stadium naming rights sorted. Not only local but strangely apt
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Are they in waste disposal?

Ulster should bring in David Graham to run the place after Linfield seemingly found his modernisation plans a bit too challenging.

The fact that his father in law is worth a few quid is a bonus.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:33 pm
horslips wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:01 pm While not absolving Petrie I think we need to look at quite a few others From looking at the articles of association for UR it seems that the Professional Game Board ultimately reports, or at least is under the supervision, of the Management Committee
Management Committee

There is no way this is all due to the unexpected loss of income from one game. Are we really living that hand to mouth, where is any long term planning and contingency. Big budget NIQs should never have been considered if we were that close to the wire financially. It all suggests financial disfunction between Belfast and Dublin, and I wonder between Nucifora and Humph.

If not managed with a degree of competence we could be in a vicious cycle of reduced performance, less knockout games, falling attendances, reduced income.

As for the blazers, frankly anyone on a committee to do with the pro game should be on a full time contract, and if that means the majority of the committee is based in Dublin I would have no problem with that. It should also never have 11 people, utterly ridiculous.
Some of those names have been round UR for years.... How accountable are they really? Maybe that's the problem. They've presided over a shameful chapter of UR- and that's saying something
Exterminate all rational thought
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:39 pm
Lurgan Lad wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:33 pm
Management Committee

Some of those names have been round UR for years.... How accountable are they really? Maybe that's the problem. They've presided over a shameful chapter of UR- and that's saying something
There are names on that list that appointed Shane Logan in 2009.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

If Joe McCarthy was an ulster player he'd now get pretty much banished for the rest of the season, whilst Tredders and AOC started, with Matty covering lock as well as 6.