Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Contract Situation

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:
Dave wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:24 am
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:40 am
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: It ain't Baggy, (I said "much respected" Image ) but the two are well known to one another.
It's Russ then...
Which part of "respected" don't ya understand? Image
R.E.S.P.E.C.T ? Ok I'll find out what it means to you, I suppose.
I think you two should take this offline and discuss it in person at an away game in Northampton.
Is it Bart?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:49 pm

I'm assuming down to Competitions Management Committee is all about the amateur game, and those below are either professional and amateur, or both? Is there a Club Committee and a Clubs Committee, or is that a typo?
If we have a finance committee, and A Robinson is an employee with the title Head of Finance and Operations, why are they not the chair of this committee?
If we have a Commercial & Marketing Committee, and D Kelly is Senior Marketing Manager, why are they not the chair of this committee?
If we have a Development Committee, and C Webster is the Head of Rugby Development, why are they not the chair of this committee? Is A Robinson the same person who is Head of Finance & Operations?
If we have a Professional Game Board, and Bryn Cunningham is Head of Rugby Operations and Recruitment, why does he not chair this committee?
Is Gavin Hogg still head of the academy, his name doesn't appear to be listed on the staff list?

I'm sure I've more questions, but that is enough to start for anyone that has insight! Thanks.
Committee chairs are usually non executive ie not employees as (one of) their function(s) is to hold the executive to account on their delivery of strategic plans.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

allezlesverres wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:36 am

I'm assuming down to Competitions Management Committee is all about the amateur game, and those below are either professional and amateur, or both? Is there a Club Committee and a Clubs Committee, or is that a typo?
If we have a finance committee, and A Robinson is an employee with the title Head of Finance and Operations, why are they not the chair of this committee?
If we have a Commercial & Marketing Committee, and D Kelly is Senior Marketing Manager, why are they not the chair of this committee?
If we have a Development Committee, and C Webster is the Head of Rugby Development, why are they not the chair of this committee? Is A Robinson the same person who is Head of Finance & Operations?
If we have a Professional Game Board, and Bryn Cunningham is Head of Rugby Operations and Recruitment, why does he not chair this committee?
Is Gavin Hogg still head of the academy, his name doesn't appear to be listed on the staff list?

I'm sure I've more questions, but that is enough to start for anyone that has insight! Thanks.
Committee chairs are usually non executive ie not employees as (one of) their function(s) is to hold the executive to account on their delivery of strategic plans.
Thanks, who sets the agenda and runs the meetings, is it the chair?
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

allezlesverres wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:36 am

"Holding them to account'. That seems to be really working.
Horse15
Novice

Post by Horse15 »

Sounds like Addison possibly going back to Sale
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

So the rumoured exits so far are

O’Sullivan
French
Jones
Shanahan
Burns
Marshall - retiring
Carson
Addison

McDonald comes back from Connacht to fight it out with McKee for 3rd choice scrum half. You imagine Saunderson and Wilson go onto development contracts to replace French and O’Sullivan. Same with McNabney and McLoughlin for Jones. 10 has to be from outside the province. Plenty of bodies around centre and back three, Moxham to be fit again next season as well. Some savings made there.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

RuPi wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:50 pm So the rumoured exits so far are

O’Sullivan
French
Jones
Shanahan
Burns
Marshall - retiring
Carson
Addison

McDonald comes back from Connacht to fight it out with McKee for 3rd choice scrum half. You imagine Saunderson and Wilson go onto development contracts to replace French and O’Sullivan. Same with McNabney and McLoughlin for Jones. 10 has to be from outside the province. Plenty of bodies around centre and back three, Moxham to be fit again next season as well. Some savings made there.
Sad regarding Addison if true- we never saw the best of a player who would've up with Keenan as a 15.
DittoLuke- an Ulster warrior ruined by injury- yet I feel he has still something to offer rather than going too soon.
The rest, apart from Shanners, who Id keep, Meh.
The younger options are far more attractive imo.
Get Hopes, Irvine and Ward in the mix too.
Exterminate all rational thought
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Shanners seems like part of the furniture, mainly because he’s generally been sat on it since 2013.

22 starts in ten seasons, with 12 of them coming in his annus mirabilis of 2018/19.

Good clubman, loyal servant and all that but it’s time to let someone younger carry the water.
Sir Ivor
Novice

Post by Sir Ivor »

I think Shanahan is our best SH (non goalkicking that is) - everything gets speeded up when he comes on.
Burns has been far from our worst performer this season but IF we are going to get a good replacement ( as nobody else at the club is good enough) then OK.
Sad about Luke - he reminds me of Johnny Bell - maybe not the greatest in attack but a warrior in defence.
I’m OK about the rest going though I have a feeling in my bones that EOS could end up at a bigger club who would teach him what to do in a scrum and he’d end up a good’un.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Shanners, like Paul Marshall before him, is a great clubman. Always second fiddle but always willing. Anything he can get elsewhere from here on, he deserves every penny.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

I view Shanahan in a different light to the other not-quite-good-enough players.

I imagine he has always been on a relatively cheap contract, and he has never, to my knowledge, blocked any other young 9 coming through. I honestly wouldn't mind keeping him as it's hard to see us signing a more capable replacement to be 3rd choice.

Unless there's someone in the academy who is ready for the step up?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Munster’s third choice 9 started 8 games last season.
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

RuPi wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:50 pm So the rumoured exits so far are

O’Sullivan
French
Jones
Shanahan
Burns
Marshall - retiring
Carson
Addison

Who are the other three? There are apparently eleven going.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Greg McGrath?

Alan O’Connor?
NoPayneNoGain
Novice

Post by NoPayneNoGain »

justinr73 wrote:MC was signed 8 years ago….

I’ve no problem with spending money on (the right kind of) big names or the academy but it’s squad filler of the likes of Jones and Shanners that we’ve been almost obliged to re-contract where the waste is.
Spot on

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk