Petrie departs…..

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Petrie departs…..

Post by solidarity »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:26 pm
TheBoat wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm I don't want them sponsored by Shell or BP either thanks.

Grenfell was less than 7yrs ago, hardly comparable to VW and the Nazis.

Kingspan are complicit in the death of nearly 100 people. They bodged their fire safety tests and saw it as an internal 'joke'. Players have been sacked for less. Maybe our moral compass doesn't apply if they are giving us cash.

Kingspan should have been ditched years ago, it's disgusting our team are so closely associated with them.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Would you be happy with Hotpoint or their parent company Indesit?
Anybody with a clean record who can throw a pile of cash in our direction, or maybe launder a lot of dirty money for us.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Hotpoint would be able to spin things for our benefit.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Maybe Bosch as we need a new 10.

Think the Hotpoint suggestion may have been made because they have allegedly got links to houses getting burned down though.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Hotpoint being the brand of the fridge freezer that had an electrical fault causing the fire in Grenfell.

Also the largest supplier of domestic appliances in the UK.....
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

By the look of that video, Petrie left behind his stock of wee lambs wool V necks for Hugh.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

There’s a chance for season ticket holders to ask Hugh if his jumper is second-hand before the match on Friday.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:59 pm Hotpoint being the brand of the fridge freezer that had an electrical fault causing the fire in Grenfell.

The fridge/freezer is 7th on the list of domestic appliances most likely to cause an electrical fire yet people trust them enough to leave them on when sleeping or going on holiday.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:59 pm Hotpoint being the brand of the fridge freezer that had an electrical fault causing the fire in Grenfell.

The fridge/freezer is 7th on the list of domestic appliances most likely to cause an electrical fire yet people trust them enough to leave them on when sleeping or going on holiday.
Does anyone turn theirs off at night?

Also, any second hand ones going?

cc: HWM.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

I think the appointment of Hugh (all I've heard about Hugh is that he's a sound guy, so I say this with no disrespect to him), even though its in a caretaker capacity, is quite revealing. It is of a piece with the previous hires, none of whom had any notable commercial experience (even Logan only had some pretty unremarkable experience in middle management in big corps). Which could suggest that for all of the talk of Ulster failing to hit revenue targets, the IRFU doesn't actually believe that there is much if any commercial upside at Ulster - and the priority is a 'safe pair of hands' to oversee admin, and who won't make any ripples. The IRFU is after all a pretty sluggish and conservative organisation itself, and it's starting to look like they prefer to hire guys in their own image, i.e. the kind of managerialist guys who float around the public / third sector and talk a good game, but who ultimately won't ask any hard questions and will be easy for HQ to keep under their thumbs.

I may be alone in thinking this, but for example I have absolutely no interest in seeing Ulster post videos of 'interviews' with CEOs, about how much they love Ulster and all their great plans etc etc - for some reason, alone of all the provinces, Ulster's comms people seem to think this will go down a storm. When is the last time the Leinster CEO started pushing out interviews about his thoughts on the state of the union?? He's too busy making good decisions and trying to turn Leinster into the best club side in the world. I honestly want to hear the Ulster CEO's name when he's appointed, and then I don't want to hear from him again - I want to see evidence that he's doing a good job, in the form of good recruitment, good pathway, good representation in age grade international selections, good results.

It will be very interesting to see if the FT appointment marks a change of direction..
..one more thing
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Interesting take Columbo and I agree but at the time one of the criticisms of Logan was that he was no where to be seen, no interviews, PR etc.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

UlsterAreBrill wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:46 pm Interesting take Columbo and I agree but at the time one of the criticisms of Logan was that he was no where to be seen, no interviews, PR etc.
Too busy giving talks on his military career…. I still await the book and the film from SAS Trooper on the Falklands to the CiC of the Royal Irish
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Listening to Trimbles Podcast with Hugh and I picked up an impression that Hugh has been in place longer than announced …. Trimble referred to six weeks which wasn’t picked up on until much later when Hugh said it was two rather than the six mentioned.

Interestingly he equates so many season ticket holders to the contract of a new player so if we coukd get and extra so many it might mean one or two extra players.. on basis of that how many players can you buy from the sale of a vacant dwelling on Ravenhill Park?

Lastly I admire the focus on a strategy for the next few years but on that where is Bryn on that given he personally is responsible for the 3-5yr strategy….
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

My impression was that Hugh was reluctant to embarrass Trimble for his lack of research.
jacothelad
Novice

Post by jacothelad »

Kingspan. The company has long said that its K15 insulation product made up only 5 per cent of the insulation in the tower block, and was used without its recommendation. There is a £150,000,000 redress settlement agreed by the 'guilty' parties. Kingspan's share....less than 3%. Apparently they informed the installers that their use of the Kingspan materials was completely inappropriate. Go figure.

Kingspan's 2.84 per cent of the settlement amount, the joint smallest proportion of the total sum. Journalist Chris Blackhurst said the breakdown of the settlement amounts, which the website has seen, suggests that Kingspan was not among the “worst offenders” and that the Tory-controlled local borough shouldered most of the blame for the disaster.

The largest contributor to the scheme was the borough of Kensington and Chelsea, which accounted for 38.4 per cent, slightly more than £52 million.

Builders Rydon made the second largest contribution of roughly £16.3 million, or 10.8 per cent, according to the report followed by Celetex – the maker of most of the insulation used in the building – which accounted for 9.84 per cent of the £150 million pay out. Maybe Kingspan needs less vitriol.

“Whilst we confirm that Kingspan was involved in the negotiated settlement between the Government and other parties, we cannot confirm or deny the details of this settlement which is confidential information,” a spokesman for the group said. “It is now a matter of record that the Grenfell Inquiry has found that “the principal reason” for the rapid-fire spread was the polyethylene-cored ACM cladding (which was not made by Kingspan).”

“Additionally,” he said, “expert evidence by the Inquiry’s own experts is that the type of insulation used was not a factor in the speed or spread of the fire and, even had non-combustible insulation been used, this would not have changed the speed or spread of the fire.”
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Thanks for that, if only because I had to scroll back to remind myself what you were banging on about and saw my hilarious Bosch gag.