Richie Murphy - right man for the job?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Richie Murphy - right man for the job?

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

I'll take 2 lbps. Benneton look gone at Bulls
Exterminate all rational thought
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

On to nights performance the answer to the question posed is a resounding Yes.
I know some will point out that that was not the strongest Leinster team but it was the team that Leo chose in his wisdom to send up to Belfast.
That’s their problem, the difference was Leinster treated this game as league game and were looking for 5 pts but Ulster saw this as a season defying game and played it as a knockout match and went for the jugular.
I suspect they may have settled for a losing bonus point but they were going to go down fighting.
Most Ulster supporters hope for a win each game but know this a bit of pipe dream but what they do expect is that the team
Give their ll for the cuase and tonight they did. In fairness to the supporters responded also as they understood the significance
of the match.
We are not there yet but we are firmly on the road to recovery.
All of a sudden a trip to Thomond doesn’t look to bad with two more weeks to prepare for it.
A hostile environment but probably no different to Clermont or Ravenhill ( I saw one poster on another siterefer to our Staduim as Ravehell) I was quite proud of that.

P
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

We were missing a few ourselves tonight and some for quite a bit of the season.

Kitschoff
Henderson
Hume
Balacoune
Moore

To add, when Leinster leave a few out it doesn't impact close to as much as ourselves given squad depth.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
ljsulster
Novice

Post by ljsulster »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:57 am We were missing a few ourselves tonight and some for quite a bit of the season.

Kitschoff
Henderson
Hume
Balacoune
Moore

To add, when Leinster leave a few out it doesn't impact close to as much as ourselves given squad depth.
The middle three yes. Kitschoff and Fat Marty are empty jerseys
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

ljsulster wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 1:07 am
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:57 am We were missing a few ourselves tonight and some for quite a bit of the season.

Kitschoff
Henderson
Hume
Balacoune
Moore

The middle three yes. Kitschoff and Fat Marty are empty jerseys
We'll never know how good two time WC winner, empty jersey Kitschoff could of been under Murphy, given he has been consistently in the top 3 best loose heads in the world for the past decade. Moore has been fantastic since his arrival, still strugglng to come back from ACL.
DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

Jimmy Duffy joining the coaching staff, has worked with Murphy in the U20s before. Strange quote from the announcement below, co-forward coaches?

“Alongside Roddy, he is set to bring the best out of our forwards, including the younger homegrown guys currently coming through into the Senior set-up.

“From my experience of working with Jimmy, I know he is detail-driven and a coach that builds strong relationships with his players – and his knowledge and experience will be very welcome when it comes to coaching our scrum.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

He took over from Dan at Connacht.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

DodgyEverything wrote:Jimmy Duffy joining the coaching staff, has worked with Murphy in the U20s before. Strange quote from the announcement below, co-forward coaches?

“Alongside Roddy, he is set to bring the best out of our forwards, including the younger homegrown guys currently coming through into the Senior set-up.

“From my experience of working with Jimmy, I know he is detail-driven and a coach that builds strong relationships with his players – and his knowledge and experience will be very welcome when it comes to coaching our scrum.
Dan was the scrum expert before he departed while Roddy looked after the other stuff. So assume Duffy is focusing on the scrum.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

shamalicious wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:25 pm
DodgyEverything wrote:Jimmy Duffy joining the coaching staff, has worked with Murphy in the U20s before. Strange quote from the announcement below, co-forward coaches?

Dan was the scrum expert before he departed while Roddy looked after the other stuff. So assume Duffy is focusing on the scrum.
Its well known forwards are not very bright, understandable they would require more coaches than the backs.
DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

Some turnaround, I know stats don't tell the whole story but decent numbers nonetheless