Ulster v Leinster Saturday May 18 7:35pm TG4 / Premier Sports (UK) 1 / Premier Sports (Ireland) 1 / Super Sport / URC TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dharper
Steward

Re: Ulster v Leinster Saturday May 18 7:35pm TG4 / Premier Sports (UK) 1 / Premier Sports (Ireland) 1 / Super Sport / UR

Post by Dharper »

justinr73 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:20 am Some of these posts make me laugh.

Murphy has shown no more inclination to play the “pups”
than was previously the case and quite rightly so.

Dan slow played McCann perfectly to the extent that he’s been outstanding this season.

We’ve only about 23 fit players left at the moment so selection philosophy is kind of out of the window anyway.
I personally don’t believe if Dan was still in charge he’d have played Sheridan, or definitely Izzy to the extent Murphy has. I’d have imagined he’d have picked Matty Rea/Ewers more. Dan wasn’t the most adventurous of coaches. The non selection of Sheridan between very good performances was particularly odd.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Leinster Saturday May 18 7:35pm TG4 / Premier Sports (UK) 1 / Premier Sports (Ireland) 1 / Super Sport / UR

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Agreed. He only played Wilson because he had to. Who's watching these cubs? Marcus Rea was disappeared when on form for crud like Jones or his brother. I have no doubt it set back his development.

Murphy has a harder hand to deal with, so his experience developing young talent should be invaluable as he understands what makes these guys tick and how they're motivated- which is markedly different to "our " generation(s)
Exterminate all rational thought
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

When you look at the number of Caps for leinster the players have, especially the forwards that is not a inexperienced side.

The inexperience is in playing together as a pack but nobody is playing out of position each and everyone of the knows exactly the role he has to play.

The game is by no means men against minnows .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

It must be nice for John McKee to get to play pro rugby at Ravenhill after seeing Tom Stewart chosen for our academy ahead of him and having to go elsewhere for his rugby. He might have a point to prove when they're both on in the second half.

Feeling strangely confident this morning, which is dangerous. Expecting a lot of aggression and grit from the Ulster lads. Fingers crossed Harry Byrne can be our secret weapon again, like in the RDS
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Lest We Forget, it’s officially DAY 6328.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Dharper wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:09 am
justinr73 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:20 am Some of these posts make me laugh.

Murphy has shown no more inclination to play the “pups”
than was previously the case and quite rightly so.

Dan slow played McCann perfectly to the extent that he’s been outstanding this season.

We’ve only about 23 fit players left at the moment so selection philosophy is kind of out of the window anyway.
I personally don’t believe if Dan was still in charge he’d have played Sheridan, or definitely Izzy to the extent Murphy has. I’d have imagined he’d have picked Matty Rea/Ewers more. Dan wasn’t the most adventurous of coaches. The non selection of Sheridan between very good performances was particularly odd.
Sheridan is back on the bench now Tredders is fit.
The only coach to pick Jones this season is Murphy. Twice.
Matty is on the bench today ahead of Crothers, McNabney etc.

I agree that Dan wasn’t adventurous. I don’t think that Murphy is especially adventurous either.

Dan hinted at a problem with Izzy’s professionalism. The lad has now got a clean slate.

As previously stated, the best thing Murphy has done is to try Izzy at 6. Small sample size admittedly. Let’s hope I still think that later on!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:02 am Agreed. He only played Wilson because he had to. Who's watching these cubs? Marcus Rea was disappeared when on form for crud like Jones or his brother. I have no doubt it set back his development.

Murphy has a harder hand to deal with, so his experience developing young talent should be invaluable as he understands what makes these guys tick and how they're motivated- which is markedly different to "our " generation(s)
Marcus’ development was set back by a lack of ability but your second point is an interesting one, not least given the existence of the Murphy Jnrs.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

I wouldn't say Dan wasn't adventurous. He would make brave selections with youngsters but the problem was that he then consigned them to Siberia if they were any good rather than trying to build on that
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

We only have ourselves to blame if we lose this. Totally within our gift but we have white line fever. Totally shooting ourselves in the foot
John_e_boy
Squire

Post by John_e_boy »

We're as profligate as ever...

However, Leinster are canny hoors at the breakdown. Well done to them for painting a different picture to the ref
John_e_boy
Squire

Post by John_e_boy »

the ref still hasn't understood that the tackler needs to get out of the tackle zone first. So we get a penalty for the jackler going beyond the ball, but bejaybers the blue boys are lying on the Ulster side the whole time.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Correct decision- Herring popped. Cullen and Neinaber has smarts right through the squad. We remain dumb as f*ck
John_e_boy
Squire

Post by John_e_boy »

so Leinster now simply step out of a scrum without being penalised
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

TOT, Treadwell have offered nothing. Matty Rea warming up? Ffs Dan in....

Shocking decision making by Stockdale getting turned over instead of kicking in behind. We deserve to lose this. Very poor with so many so called senior players...
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

We're so bad Ala Alatoa looks world class. We don't deserve a qf