Ulster v Leinster Saturday May 18 7:35pm TG4 / Premier Sports (UK) 1 / Premier Sports (Ireland) 1 / Super Sport / URC TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Leinster Saturday May 18 7:35pm TG4 / Premier Sports (UK) 1 / Premier Sports (Ireland) 1 / Super Sport / UR

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

solidarity wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:57 pm Can someone explain to me what was wrong with Lowry's try on 5 minutes?

And the earlier one could have gone either way, but may well have been the right decision.
I couldn't see anything wrong with the second try either Solidarnosc. Smart play by Lowry not rewarded.
First one I guess Bloomagoos got the benefit of the doubt.
Exterminate all rational thought
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Leinster Saturday May 18 7:35pm TG4 / Premier Sports (UK) 1 / Premier Sports (Ireland) 1 / Super Sport / UR

Post by Dave »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
solidarity wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:57 pm Can someone explain to me what was wrong with Lowry's try on 5 minutes?

And the earlier one could have gone either way, but may well have been the right decision.
I couldn't see anything wrong with the second try either Solidarnosc. Smart play by Lowry not rewarded.
The first try was a simultaneous grounding by both players which apparently isn't a try. A goal line drop out awarded. The second one, Lowry was still on his knees (according to ref) when he picked it up again. Two good tries in my book. With those and the butchered ones we would have hammered them.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Dave wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:36 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:

The first try was a simultaneous grounding by both players which apparently isn't a try. A goal line drop out awarded. The second one, Lowry was still on his knees (according to ref) when he picked it up again. Two good tries in my book. With those and the butchered ones we would have hammered them.
The simultaneous grounding one was a coin toss I thought. I'd probably have done the same. For the second he was def on his knees and the ref clearly explained that at the time. I haven't rewatched but I was comfortable enough that the ref was right on that too.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

I could've sworn Lowry was impeded off the ball before the first disallowed try.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

shamalicious wrote:I could've sworn Lowry was impeded off the ball before the first disallowed try.
He was, by saintly Hugo Keenan

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:44 pm
Dave wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:25 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Dave wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 1:35 pm I think we had a better backline on paper but they had the stronger pack. We should bring the positives and negatives thread. It's either brill brigade shyte or pessimistic moany shyte. Give some balance to.your evaluations otherwise it's minimisers and maximisers taking lumps out of each other. Trenching and reinforcing your own view out of fear of being outed as 'wrong'. The ego can't take it.

Make the forum great again.
Iam Ci man and Iam a pessimistic moany shyte :party: :salut: agree ref positives and negatives. But in fairness I have a fair few positives just they seem to be lost in the echo chamber of how dare I find fault.....
Go for it, CIman. I enjoy your posts.
:thumright: :salut: always good for a giggle. I must say I've been disappointed in the numbers posting for such an important game. Even just before k.o. we only had 2 pages I think. Turning into Connacht Clan? :flower:
Anyone engaging in debate with CI man , p!ease remember that you are debating with obviously a former prop and make allowances for intellectual deficiencies and abilities. Occasional flashes of rugby insight emerge amongst a huge pile of manure but worth waiting for.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

:bowdown: :salut: >drinks
I take issue with "occasional" insight. The rest is accurate :thumleft:
I remain happy to debate why I'm correct however :duck:
Exterminate all rational thought
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

solidarity wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:42 pm Anybody know what was behind the drummers in the Memorial Stand?
Think it was just the back wall of the stand :lol:

Read in the blurb somewhere they were from MCB school band. Maybe they thought we'd appreciate schoolkids better than THE band. They thought wrong.

Wee Lowry put in 2 massive one-on-one hits, on Conan and Deegan. Impressive.
Thought I was gonna have to resuscitate the guy beside me when Addison effed up the try going for it himself. He also blatantly got away with taking one of their players out chasing a box kick in a rare display of Leinsterism from us.

Lying on the ball with your arms up like you are trying to move away but aren't is still a penalty. Clearly offside and got away with it loads of times. Leinster seem to have refs on a string.

Green shoots but at least put in a decent effort.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

We are 18/1 to win the URC on Paddy Power. Who's with me lads? in losing a 5er
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

:duck:
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:11 pm :bowdown: :salut: >drinks
I take issue with "occasional" insight. The rest is accurate :thumleft:
I remain happy to debate why I'm correct however :duck:
👍👍😂😂👏
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Deraless wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:22 pm
solidarity wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:42 pm Anybody know what was behind the drummers in the Memorial Stand?
Think it was just the back wall of the stand :lol:
Ouch! :thumleft:
DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

https://x.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/17 ... 4273947119

Very savvy from Addison here, and a good bit of street smarts that have by and large been missing for a few seasons
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Given that he couldn’t see exactly where the ref was, I’d say it was actually pretty stupid.
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

DodgyEverything wrote:https://x.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/17 ... 4273947119

Very savvy from Addison here, and a good bit of street smarts that have by and large been missing for a few seasons
Any videos of Leinster being offside at every ruck like Saracens of old.

Or James Ryan lying on the ball at every opportunity.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

justinr73 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:24 pm Given that he couldn’t see exactly where the ref was, I’d say it was actually pretty stupid.
At the time stupid/risky but with 20/20 hindsight streetsmart. Remember Rob Kearney doing the same at the bottom of a ruck in the RDS few years ago to Jared Payne, if it comes off it's great