URC 2022/23 - Other Sides

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: URC 2022/23 - Other Sides

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:41 pm Thought Glasgow did a bloody good job on Munster last week and WLR being out was a big miss for the Bulls.

Only one winner from 50 minutes out. Why did the Bulls leave their props on for 74 minutes?

Excellent final and well done to the Warriors. Great combination of tough forward play and some lovely outside back work.

Nice to see their ‘fans’ complaining about the ref at half time too.

If only we had a try scoring machine of a maul. Oh we did and finished second on the log…

Thought Ulster probably had their best fifteen minutes of the season at a freezing Scotstoun until they properly crushed us after that.

Bonus point if you can name Dan’s backrow in that one!
Sheridan, Crothers and McNabney. Given that was virtually the Weegies pack and BR that played yesterday >appl :salut:
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Some shyte talked in Wales on Line as Usual. Great season end and they're talking pish about it being unsustainable. Wish they'd feck off to England as they bring nothing now. Replace with the Georgians, Spanish, Portuguese teams. May as well . My only criticism is to leave two weeks between SF and final should Saffers be involved
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:23 pm Some shyte talked in Wales on Line as Usual. Great season end and they're talking pish about it being unsustainable. Wish they'd feck off to England as they bring nothing now. Replace with the Georgians, Spanish, Portuguese teams. May as well . My only criticism is to leave two weeks between SF and final should Saffers be involved
Agreed.

The away trips make me long for the likes of Gillingham, Crawley, Yeovil and Milton Keynes in my PNE days.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:07 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:23 pm Some shyte talked in Wales on Line as Usual. Great season end and they're talking pish about it being unsustainable. Wish they'd feck off to England as they bring nothing now. Replace with the Georgians, Spanish, Portuguese teams. May as well . My only criticism is to leave two weeks between SF and final should Saffers be involved
Agreed.

The away trips make me long for the likes of Gillingham, Crawley, Yeovil and Milton Keynes in my PNE days.
I get Yeovil, but Keynes... Awful place. Make Craigavon look like Madrid :duck:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Yeovil is as bad.

Probably worse cos you think it’s going to be nicer.

The Spoons was the hottest ticket in town.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

and back to the Rugby! Glasgow same team for 3 weeks running, two on the road, to win the URC. Does this question "rotation policy" versus consistency and team work? Discuss
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

No because they’ve been able to achieve that by rotating earlier in the season

What it does emphasise is that Munster were very silly to pick inferior players and leaving better ones on the bench to bring on for impact.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:07 pm No because they’ve been able to achieve that by rotating earlier in the season

What it does emphasise is that Munster were very silly to pick inferior players and leaving better ones on the bench to bring on for impact.
Madness that Snyman, Jager Barron and Coombes was it? we're benched.Jager and Snyman especially were totally cold
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

"In fact, last season, Rabah (Slimani) signed a coaching contract with us. There, he told us of his desire to play again, but we couldn't match the 2 years offered to him by Leinster (Ireland)," says Christophe Urios, the coach of ASM Clermont. There you go, we now have to break this contract between us and we won't hold it back. I told him that it was an incredible opportunity for him to go and play there."

For his part, Rabah Slimani confirmed to us that he had passed the medical with the Irish club. He is now waiting for his commitment to Leinster to be made official.

From La Montagne newspaper in France, looks like Slimani to Leinster is just a matter of time.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:46 pm "In fact, last season, Rabah (Slimani) signed a coaching contract with us. There, he told us of his desire to play again, but we couldn't match the 2 years offered to him by Leinster (Ireland)," says Christophe Urios, the coach of ASM Clermont. There you go, we now have to break this contract between us and we won't hold it back. I told him that it was an incredible opportunity for him to go and play there."

For his part, Rabah Slimani confirmed to us that he had passed the medical with the Irish club. He is now waiting for his commitment to Leinster to be made official.

From La Montagne newspaper in France, looks like Slimani to Leinster is just a matter of time.
Thought Irish Provinces were not allowed to sign Non Irish qualified front rows. Or do the rules not apply to Leinster( the new Saracens).
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

He’s replacing one.

And we had two last season and one this.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:23 pm He’s replacing one.

Does that mean we could have brought in a new loose head?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:46 pm "In fact, last season, Rabah (Slimani) signed a coaching contract with us. There, he told us of his desire to play again, but we couldn't match the 2 years offered to him by Leinster (Ireland)," says Christophe Urios, the coach of ASM Clermont. There you go, we now have to break this contract between us and we won't hold it back. I told him that it was an incredible opportunity for him to go and play there."

Ruaidhri O'Connor saying it is a 1 year initial deal (there may be the option of a 2nd year).
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:23 pm He’s replacing one.

Exactly Ala'alatoa going in the opposite direction. If you believe the press chat, they have got their 4th choice target. Asked about O'Toole and Bealham here inside the Irish System, then apparently were after the Aussie THP Tupou who was at the Rebels and may join the Waratahs now.

Ulster had their shot at a long term NIQ prop with Kitshoff and it didn't work out for whatever reasons. Munster were apparently after the Bulls hooker but the IRFU rejected this and they recruited / resigned IQ'd players in that position.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ex Blues and New Zealand Maori 10 Otere Black being linked with Connacht, currently playing in the 2nd division in Japan according to wiki.