Out with the old, in with the new

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Red Hand Supporter
Warrior Assassin

Post by Red Hand Supporter »

That's were i'm coming from JB
thewaterboy
Novice

Post by thewaterboy »

Bryn should regain his no 15 shirt, but i think Bart has shown glimpses that he is a quality player. I would play him and Bowe as the wingers, with McKenzie getting last 20. On another note does anyone know when Ferris is back? Should be be soon. He is badly needed with McMillen out for forseable future
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

According to Ferris, he should be back this week.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

RHS, Bartholomeusz hits good lines in attack and links well with other players (not so on Sat though), he can kick very well and in broken play he is deadly. Where Bryn is stronger is under the high ball and in defence but for God's sake this Ulster teams needs to be positive, our gameplay seems to have gone backwards in the last two or three months (Glasgow excepted and they're hardly a team to judge ourselves on) let's think attacking!

Most of our tries seem to come from putting the opposition under pressure on there ball, very few come from us unlocking the opposition through good play of our own.
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

Bryn

Good player that he has been over the years has developed a weakness in his back and I think twice this year to date has been sidelined for at least a couple of weeks

If it goes again then his problem could be of a serious nature so letting Bart go would be very bad mistake
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tend to agree with you about Bryn boggy, he has been going down very easily since that shoulder injury in the Ireland A game. Saw him coming out of the players pen in the box on Saturday and he looked as if he had not much movement in the back yet, either that or he was just frozen stiff :?
Bart has been letting the ball run into touch but then again Bryn was at the same move, take no chances and work the ball back up the pitch seems to be the game plan :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Bowe for Full Back :)
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

cjp wrote:Bowe for Full Back :)
Thats where he played at school but did not make the Ulster schools side there.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Made Ulster Under 21s in his first year out of school there. I think long term Tommy has to play there, he has the ability to pick some lovely lines and is a very strong runner, he has a kicking game, while I don't think he has that killer acceleration or pace needed for an International wing.

Next season there will be a contract in the backs which McKenzie will get you would assume, Young may not get a new deal, Maggs is away and Larkin may well go also.Humph well who knows he is meant to be in talks to extend for another year, while KC may well leave also in search of First team rugby.

Upfront would like to see us rid of Shields and bring and Phillpott brought onto a full deal possibly? Fitzy may well go and if he does we are short of proven props then, although decky could well do a job. Second row we have plenty of cover although players like Stevenson and Andress who have been around the squad a few years may fancy a move over to Andre at Rotherham so there playing at a higher level than AIL 1. Back row I would expect very little movement on full contracts anyway.
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

sorry RHS but that's bollo - Bart is quality
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Freddie Benson wrote:sorry RHS but that's bollo - Bart is quality
Or to put it another way, "Poppycock"
Red Hand Supporter
Warrior Assassin

Post by Red Hand Supporter »

He's good but not good enough to displace our current crop of players
cardoc
Novice

Post by cardoc »

:?: ]How is Tom Court playing at present, is he not suitable to move up a level after his great build up? I haven't heard anything about the other young prospect from down under, Michael Pheli, is he still in Ulster or has he returned to his homeland?
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

He is playing for Dungannon but word has it that AIL 1 is proabaly as good as it gets for him.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

colinh wrote:He is playing for Dungannon but word has it that AIL 1 is proabaly as good as it gets for him.
Which Colin; Tom or Michael?
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS