Leinster

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

aarons
Lord Chancellor

Leinster

Post by aarons »

Hard luck to our southern friends. Infuriating, as they played much better rugby, but were robbed by a combination of handling errors and an appalling performance from ref Nigel Whitehouse. Grrr.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Not only that Aaron if you pack gets outscrummaged and out jumped you aint gonna win any game no matter how good your backs are. It could be a very short painful campaign for Leinster. I thought Jackman need to take a course in throwing while once again Ben Gisiing went for the man instead of the ball for the first Bath try. Hd he gone for the ball the situation could have been saved. But then again we expect that from Ben.

You are right about Whitehouse. How many times did Bath knockon a few of which looked like deliberates and when Keanrey was taken out the Bath player should have been off. He knew what he was doing.

But did you here the RTE commenatators after the match saying it was a bad weekened for Irish ruby with Leinster and Munster both loosing. Someone nees to remind them that there are three Iirish team in the HEC and the third one won. ...... Do not worry I did remind them.

Colin :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

colinh wrote:Not only that Aaron if you pack gets outscrummaged and out jumped you aint gonna win any game no matter how good your backs are. It could be a very short painful campaign for Leinster. I thought Jackman need to take a course in throwing while once again Ben Gisiing went for the man instead of the ball for the first Bath try. Hd he gone for the ball the situation could have been saved. But then again we expect that from Ben.
Of course you're right about the pack. But Leinster were so close to doing it despite being second best up front, and that's what I find so annoying about the result - it make the GP look dominant over the CL, when that's barely the truth (this weekend) :)

Gissing made a bad call, but at least he was paying attention to the game..

Jackman is an appalling liability when it comes to throwing, and it's not the first time this season he's proven that.

In relation to RTE Radio.. it definitely wasn't a good weekend for Irish rugby - let's be fair, we haven't proven anything yet. Treviso had to be beaten.

And never mind Whitehouse's performance... his constant narrative during the game drives me up the wall. I can't believe Sky haven't ordered him to stop yapping :evil:
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

let's be fair, we haven't proven anything yet. Treviso had to be beaten.
Aye was not the best performance of the season .......... but we will get our chance next week to see where we stand.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Yes,

It was disappointing that all four provinces didn't win but....

Ulster secured the max points despite not playing their best rugby. Connacht demolished their opposition in the Challenge Cup.

Leinster lost at home but there were so many unforced errors that had they won you would have wondered where the justice was. Yes Nigel Whitehouse could have penalised a number of Bath infringements that he let go - lots of deliberate knock-ons of the type that got Humph sin-binned against Edinburgh for instance. But leinster were the architects of their own downfall. Had they been a more complete team they would have won despite the ref.

Munster lost away but again they are no longer at the top of thier game.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Which brings us back to the concept that it is forwards that win games and backs who decide by how much ...........

Colin :twisted: :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52