Celtic League Shenanigans

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Donald Ducked
Novice

Celtic League Shenanigans

Post by Donald Ducked »

Watching the taffs play Canada and there was an interesting interview/chat at half time with one of the Welsh Officials (missed the name sorry!)

He claimed that the Welsh only started to talk to the english on May 18th because the Rainbow Cup or a celtic league with Italian clubs would have left them with not enough fixtures. I say balls to yer lies. :thumbdown:

On a more believable note there is a big CL pow-wow on Friday where the welsh are hopeful that the CL can be sorted out for next season. He repeated that the welsh are very committed to the CL and blah-dee blah-dee blah....

My tuppen'orth is that we all need each other so get a deal done. That said, make it a long term deal cuz you can't trust anyone else not to run to the money when they get the chance! And bring on the welsh next season! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Quack Quack.... QUACK!!

From the Duck formerly known as Baldrick...

Post by Guest »

I think the only solution is for the 3 unions to stand hand in hand, have a group hug and then begin to sing something like everything will be alright by the killers or don't let the sun go down on the CL adapted from elton john!
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

The irish and scottish unions have the moral high ground here though I believe that they will have enough wit to welcome the Taffs back into the fold. This fiasco should be part of Muckall's team talk when meeting the welsh regions.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

agree MUM... open season on the welshies! :twisted:
cyril
Initiate

Re: Celtic League Shenanigans

Post by cyril »

Donald Ducked wrote:Watching the taffs play Canada and there was an interesting interview/chat at half time with one of the Welsh Officials (missed the name sorry!)

He claimed that the Welsh only started to talk to the english on May 18th because the Rainbow Cup or a celtic league with Italian clubs would have left them with not enough fixtures. I say balls to yer lies. :thumbdown:

On a more believable note there is a big CL pow-wow on Friday where the welsh are hopeful that the CL can be sorted out for next season. He repeated that the welsh are very committed to the CL and blah-dee blah-dee blah....

My tuppen'orth is that we all need each other so get a deal done. That said, make it a long term deal cuz you can't trust anyone else not to run to the money when they get the chance! And bring on the welsh next season! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
My tuppen'orth is that we all need each other so get a deal done. That said, make it a long term deal cuz you can't trust anyone else not to run to the money when they get the chance! And bring on the welsh next season!
will your sides be fielding FULL strength sides from the start or will we have to wait a while like in the past to see BOD & the boys like normal :x :x
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

I think you will see BOD and company as long as the games are not played on international weekends. The seasonbefore the one justended the Leinster fans did not see much of him play either at home.

Colin :twisted:
cyril
Initiate

Post by cyril »

thing is when you dish out money for tickets you expect to side full strength side's,this is'nt going to happen all the time with different commitments i know but it has happened alot of the yrs,its not only over there its here to with us and the season we've had down in stardy this yr i dont think it would have made any diff who we had in :cry: :evil:
i love munching Leeks....Image
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Dont worry Cyril the Scarletts and Ulster willreturn stronger this season.
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

There should be no excuse for the blazers not sorting this mess out on Friday it's in everybody's best interests to do so :x
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

here's hoping... i think common sense will revail (famous last words i know! :shock:)
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Not sure that common sense is in abundance at the blazer sessions jamesie, but I do have high expectations that they will sort it out - they'd better not let me down.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I agree PWR, lets hope it gets sorted out on Friday and they can all wind their necks in. I would say the IRB have probably had a quiet word with all parties and it'll all be sorted come Friday evening.

I live in hope.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
cyril
Initiate

Post by cyril »

colinh wrote:Dont worry Cyril the Scarletts and Ulster willreturn stronger this season.
NOW WE'RE TALKING DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
C'MON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WITH A LITTLE WHITE TOOOO LOL!!!!!
i love munching Leeks....Image
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Here's hoping guys.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

WRU offer five year deal

Jun 14 2005

Delme Parfitt, South Wales Echo

WELSH rugby chiefs will offer to sign up to the Celtic League for the next five years in a bid to end the big rumpus with the Irish and Scots.

The radical concession will be made at a crisis meeting in Dublin on Friday and will be the biggest commitment to the competition by any of the Celtic nations since its inception two years ago.

The Welsh Rugby Union, fearful that they may be left with just nine guaranteed fixtures for each of the four regions next season, have decided drastic action is needed to end the row and head off fears they are plotting a full-scale defection to England's Premiership through the new Anglo-Welsh Powergen Cup.

And the hope is that a new fixture list can be agreed by the middle of next week, allowing season ticket sales to resume in earnest.

"We see the Celtic League as the bread and butter competition for our regions in the season ahead," said WRU chairman David Pickering today.

"And we are prepared to sign up for a further five years.

"No-one should question our commitment.

"Our attitude at the meeting on Friday will be conciliatory because it is in no-one's interest that something we have worked hard to build up over the past few years should fail."

Pickering emphasised that there is no question of the WRU stepping out of the Anglo-Welsh agreement that would be worth around £250,000 apiece to the regions.

But the WRU still have work to do to placate the Irish and Scots.

"In Ireland and Scotland there is a feeling that Wales are chasing a fast buck and expecting the Irish and the Scots to pay for it," said Celtic League chief David Jordan.