Ulster v Glasgow Live

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Jim Neilly was above the terrace last night.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Simple explanation Maurice was sitting in Jims normal seat behind McCall doing the radio Ulster commentry, Jim was in big fancy box :roll: above terrace.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

cables wrote:BBC radio must have perfected teleporting then MUM!

Here is the full post from bmi at 8:35.
commentator says Mark McCall is sitting infront of them. Is commentary box not above terrace?

Mic feedback really annoying me now.
Maurice Field was certainly not Terrace side last evening and Mikerob has reported Maurice as one of the commentators.
Commentary on the Radio Ulster internet feed was by Michael McNamee and Ryan Constable. Maurice Field did the analysis at half time and full time but I don't know where he was sitting during the game.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Michael McNamee and Ryan Constable were in Jims and Rryans place behind McCall then, I don't know what Field looks like but I now know what Michael McNamee looks like :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
andy white
Novice

Post by andy white »

Rooster,
You've posted 6777 messages about rugby yet you don't know what Maurice Field looks like??!!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

andy white wrote:Rooster,
You've posted 6777 messages about rugby yet you don't know what Maurice Field looks like??!!!
I can honestly say I wouldn't recognise him if he walked through the door at present. I remember what he used to look like but have not seen him since he retired about 10 years ago :(
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Jackie Brown wrote:Jim Neilly was above the terrace last night.
Did someone let all of the wind out of him?
Romeo47 Alpha 52
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Rooster wrote:
andy white wrote:Rooster,
I can honestly say I wouldn't recognise him if he walked through the door at present. I remember what he used to look like but have not seen him since he retired about 10 years ago :(
You walk past him every home game.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Jackie Brown wrote:I recorded the game on DVD. How should i dispose it enviromentally? It's pretty toxic. Anyone wanna watch it?
Send it to Eddie O'Sullivan!

That way all the Ulster players can stay in Belfast during the Churchill cup and Argentina tour (with possible exception of Caldwell!) and they can work on some tricky new skills, like passing, catching, tackling and putting in a bit of bloody effort!

I've been to plenty of games where Ulster have been well beaten, where the opposition were just to good for them (I've also been to games where they lost despite playing the better rugby) - but this was just grim! Neither side deserved to win to be frank, but Glasgow deserved it a hell of a lot more than Ulster :?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
mack
Novice

Post by mack »

BR wrote: That way all the Ulster players can stay in Belfast during the Churchill cup and Argentina tour (with possible exception of Caldwell!) and they can work on some tricky new skills, like passing, catching, tackling and putting in a bit of bloody effort!:?
And what did Tommy Bowe do that was so wrong :roll:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Now I don't claim to know enough about what the girls do to know if there was some additional change in tactic, but ...

When DH came on, the backs improved every one of them started playing better (with ironically the exception of the out-half). Is that just down to DH tactical and motivational skills? Is it about leadership? You could see what DH was trying to do, unfortunately so could Glasgow, either that or the idea was there, but he's just two years too old to pull it off.

Also thought Campbell played a much better game than Boss, who has reverted to taking 3 side-wys steps before passing - exactly what the Glasgow defence needed to reach the centres.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

mack wrote:
BR wrote: That way all the Ulster players can stay in Belfast during the Churchill cup and Argentina tour (with possible exception of Caldwell!) and they can work on some tricky new skills, like passing, catching, tackling and putting in a bit of bloody effort!:?
And what did Tommy Bowe do that was so wrong :roll:
He's a wing - he suffers when the inside backs are playing badly, but he didn't seem that interested in making any changes - I thought he did better when he went to 15, but he's not a proper fullback.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Judith Harrison
Squire

Post by Judith Harrison »

DISASTER..!! Can't believe this result! some SERIOUS soul-searching needed here..but where does one begin, to point the finger..? It's a total dilemma.
Fly Half
Steward

Post by Fly Half »

To clarify the confusion over where the commentators sit:

The radio and written media sit in the centre of the main stand behind McCall etc. Gusher is normally there as he usually does the radio commentary. Since BBC NI have started their highlights show, Neilly is doing tv and so has to sit where the tv cameras are located on the Terrace side.

Could the players not be putting in the effort, to get rid of the coach?
The future isn't what it used to be
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Finally twigged on Fly, when I watched Rugby Special yesterday and heard Gusher commentating. Wasn't any prettier yesterday either.
Mum 8)
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!