Facebook

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

goodaine
Chancellor to the King

Post by goodaine »

Well said youngster :wink: buy that man a very good glass of red wine :D

I'm not drunk! I just have speech impediment... [vomits]
and a stomach virus... [falls off bar stool]
and an inner ear infection."
Brian Griffin
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

ultimate ulster chick wrote:
fermain wrote:my wee problem with it is, you have to use your 'name', unless you use a fake one, and then what would be the point?
I think most people know who everyone else is though, so it's not really a big deal! We'll just have our own 'secret' conversations over there...

And I'm loving jamesie's rant at botp, both of whom make no sense whatsoever!! :lol:
I think not Chick :batman:
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
ultimate ulster chick
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ultimate ulster chick »

Am I missing something here?

botp - none of us are saying we spend our entire days on facebook. Therefore, us being on facebook is no different to you being on Bebo. I haven't been on Bebo for about a week, but my last comments must date back weeks. The few times I was on your page, all your comments went back about an hour or two, having conversations with people about 'the weather and boring stuff'.

Aine - yes, going on facebook is the same as Bebo, therefore botp's rants against facebook make no sense. That's what we've been saying.

LePaul - on facebook there is the facility to start any group you like - there are some really bizarre ones, and it serves as a connection between people who share a common interest, hence the Irish Rugby club, Tayto appreciation club, and a lot of internet forums and messageboards which operate on other sites will have a facebook group. The group set up is really only a means for those who wish to 'out' themselves to do so, as you need to use your real name. It's not going to lessen this website, as I seriously doubt it will ever include any intelligent rugby debate. It's not so much a messageboard extension as a group that will be shown on your profile so people will know you're a 'uafc'-er.

GerryO' - remember I know your real name...! :lol: In all seriousness though, people who wish to remain anon on here probably can. I did for a while, but then decided to reveal my identity and meet up with some of the regulars.
LePaul
El Pablo

Post by LePaul »

UUC - thanks for that - I understand - I think :oops: :? :wink: :oops: :? :wink: :oops: :? :wink:

So for now I'll stick with my usual local pub I guess then. :lol: :lol:

goodaine cheers my friend :wink: :wink:
Rugby thick and full of Ulster passion
Whats wrong with that then FRU ???
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

YoungMan wrote:
May I also assume that because more people drive Vauxhall Corsas for example, that they are better cars than Aston Martins? - your logic.
er whats a Vauxhall Corsa??
:roll: A spidemobile.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

ultimate ulster chick wrote:Am I missing something here?

botp - none of us are saying we spend our entire days on facebook. Therefore, us being on facebook is no different to you being on Bebo. I haven't been on Bebo for about a week, but my last comments must date back weeks. The few times I was on your page, all your comments went back about an hour or two, having conversations with people about 'the weather and boring stuff'.

Aine - yes, going on facebook is the same as Bebo, therefore botp's rants against facebook make no sense. That's what we've been saying.

LePaul - on facebook there is the facility to start any group you like - there are some really bizarre ones, and it serves as a connection between people who share a common interest, hence the Irish Rugby club, Tayto appreciation club, and a lot of internet forums and messageboards which operate on other sites will have a facebook group. The group set up is really only a means for those who wish to 'out' themselves to do so, as you need to use your real name. It's not going to lessen this website, as I seriously doubt it will ever include any intelligent rugby debate. It's not so much a messageboard extension as a group that will be shown on your profile so people will know you're a 'uafc'-er.

GerryO' - remember I know your real name...! :lol: In all seriousness though, people who wish to remain anon on here probably can. I did for a while, but then decided to reveal my identity and meet up with some of the regulars.
Are you sure? :batman:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

GerryO' wrote:
ultimate ulster chick wrote:Am I missing something here?

Are you sure? :batman:
Don't worry Gerry I'll fill her in :twisted:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

Ye Tout ye.

OK, so Chick knows my real name, but mercifully for her she doesn’t know what I look like. :paperbag:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

GerryO' wrote:Ye Tout ye.

OK, so Chick knows my real name, but mercifully for her she doesn’t know what I look like. :paperbag:
I should know what you look like and vice versa - but 25 years is a long time :? :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

Can't say I have improved any in that time :(
Heres me WHAATT!
Novice

Post by Heres me WHAATT! »

Following the HC draw what about a UAFC Facebook group trip to one of the away matches! :wink:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I'm up for that! :lol:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

why just the UAFC facebook group? :scratch: It should be loads more, and methinks to the Bourgoin game wherever it may be. although Glaws and Swansea have both been good craic in the past.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

Heres me WHAATT! wrote:Following the HC draw what about a UAFC Facebook group trip to one of the away matches! :wink:
you mean to all of them, surely!

non-facebookers not welcome, haha :wink:
ultimate ulster chick
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ultimate ulster chick »

Excellent aaron, stir it up... make them think we've started a rival MB, as that seems to be what they think!