Offski??????????????

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dan Dare
Squire

Re: Offski??????????????

Post by Dan Dare »

Yoda wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Dan Dare wrote:
Agree, I had high hopes for McKinney, but he can't say that he did not get a fair crack at it? They gave him ample opportunities.
Define ample opportunities?

If memory serves he's had two starts this year, only one of which was outside Ruan who had a shocker by his standards.

I'm not here to say he's up to standard, but he hasn't exactly had a good run in the 1st team to prove himself - on that alone some of the criticism on here has been unfair - but he's done himself no favours by seemingly not bothering himself when called upon by the Ravens or the binmen
Yoda, he had ample opportunities to show how much he wanted it, but sadly if you cannot shine at AIL or Ravens , then why would you get a chance in Rabo, Ulsters there to win games not give poor players opportunities
Out of interest how many players did shine for the Ravens this year? Not many.

As I noted above, I'm not advocating that poor players are given lots of time in the first team, its an improvement from the days of NOC who was given over 50 opportunities when it was known he wasn't up to the standard that management recognise the issue and are dealing with it. But there seems to be a perception here that he has played more than he did, 2 starts, one of which when he did ok against Edinburgh doesn't justify some of the criticism he has received re his first team performances.
As mentioned before Yoda, I was referring to his performances in the Malone and Ravens shirt. If you can't get up for those games? I saw a few AIL games that he played in and he was poor. I expected him to stand out. He obviously thought that it was below his standard and looked like he was not trying. Ravens was not much better. He did get chances to play lots of rugby all season.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Would Tommy Seymour start for Ulster??
When Trimble and Bowe are away for Ireland.
Ahead of Gilroy , Scholes or Allen :scratch:
:lol: yes if he hadn't gone to Scotland he would be ahead of Scholes & Allen. But as he can't play both 11 & 14 at the same time then I'll begrudgingly let you have Gilroy :lol: in a year or so Scholes could be ahead of Gilroy if he keeps going. Too early to say about Allen, but yes Seymour is atm would be ahead of them.
Anyway it was just a brief comment and I dont two fecks about Tommy, we have the only one that matters. Also if a player chooses to go somewhere else to get more regular first team play then let them go.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Sending these young players away for different experience is certainly a good thing, they may obtain a higher level of rugby wherever they go, but we must actually watch them before they come back 'improved'. The evidence of NOC and Sugar suggests that the watching was limited. Perhaps their agent was trusted when he promised big improvements.

I'd be happy seeing some guys like Whitten and Fallon come here, improvement probably negligible albeit they are more experienced, they'd still have to make do with being bit part players. Perhaps that appeals to the 30+ yr old player who may extend his career a little by doing such like.
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

McKinney rejoins Rotherham confirmed.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16207&p=442003#p442003
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
jamsodonnell
Novice

Post by jamsodonnell »

Being a Scottish International now, do you really expect Ulster Rugby to use up one of their NIQ places on Tommy Seymour ?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Do you really think UR would want him??
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

jamsodonnell wrote:Being a Scottish International now, do you really expect Ulster Rugby to use up one of their NIQ places on Tommy Seymour ?
Has this thread somehow morphed into the 'Bring back Tommy Seymour' thread? If it has, I'm out.