Payne

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Payne

Post by pwrmoore »

rumncoke wrote:
How can a failure to foresee the actions of another player be considered an offence ?
http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/negligence

Negligence
Definition

A failure to behave with the level of care that someone of ordinary prudence would have exercised under the same circumstances. The behavior usually consists of actions, but can also consist of omissions when there is some duty to act (e.g., a duty to help victims of one's previous conduct).

Overview

Primary factors to consider in ascertaining whether the person's conduct lacks reasonable care are the foreseeable likelihood that the person's conduct will result in harm, the foreseeable severity of any harm that may ensue, and the burden of precautions to eliminate or reduce the risk of harm. See Restatement (Third) of Torts: Liability for Physical Harm § 3 (P.F.D. No. 1, 2005). Negligent conduct may consist of either an act, or an omission to act when there is a duty to do so. See Restatement (Second) of Torts § 282 (1965).

Five elements are required to establish a prima facie case of negligence: the existence of a legal duty to exercise reasonable care; a failure to exercise reasonable care; cause in fact of physical harm by the negligent conduct; physical harm in the form of actual damages; and proximate cause, a showing that the harm is within the scope of liability.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Russ wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Was repeat offending not part of Nige's rational, rather than looking at the incident in isolation as the TMO has to do?
If it was, he never said it to my knowledge

Nige, can you look at this
Tmo, player kicked out
Nige, so penalty and yellow
Tmo, penalty
Nige, and yellow
Tmo, that is not my recommendation
I got the impression that Nige was having real difficulty in hearing and understanding what the TMO was saying. Maybe a duff radio link.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pwrmoore wrote:
rumncoke wrote:
How can a failure to foresee the actions of another player be considered an offence ?
http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/negligence

Negligence
Definition

A failure to behave with the level of care that someone of ordinary prudence would have exercised under the same circumstances. The behavior usually consists of actions, but can also consist of omissions when there is some duty to act (e.g., a duty to help victims of one's previous conduct).

Overview

Primary factors to consider in ascertaining whether the person's conduct lacks reasonable care are the foreseeable likelihood that the person's conduct will result in harm, the foreseeable severity of any harm that may ensue, and the burden of precautions to eliminate or reduce the risk of harm. See Restatement (Third) of Torts: Liability for Physical Harm § 3 (P.F.D. No. 1, 2005). Negligent conduct may consist of either an act, or an omission to act when there is a duty to do so. See Restatement (Second) of Torts § 282 (1965).

Five elements are required to establish a prima facie case of negligence: the existence of a legal duty to exercise reasonable care; a failure to exercise reasonable care; cause in fact of physical harm by the negligent conduct; physical harm in the form of actual damages; and proximate cause, a showing that the harm is within the scope of liability.
pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Was repeat offending not part of Nige's rational, rather than looking at the incident in isolation as the TMO has to do?
If it was, he never said it to my knowledge

Nige, can you look at this
Tmo, player kicked out
Nige, so penalty and yellow
Tmo, penalty
Nige, and yellow
Tmo, that is not my recommendation
I got the impression that Nige was having real difficulty in hearing and understanding what the TMO was saying. Maybe a duff radio link.
Nah it's the Larne accent !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Snipe

The answer have I proof experience of interviews and hearings of a similar nature lead to that conclusion because the only time an Accused would fail to question his Accuser is when the Accused is already aware of the sentence .

Which in Payne's case was two weeks holiday with pay .

Secondly Snipe there is the fact that during the hearing the evidence is manipulated to support the conclusion .

Two cars collide -- going in opposite directions - which car is pushing

According to the hearing the driver without the seat belt and on the wrong side of the road is innocent if you can accept the comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

rumncoke wrote:Snipe

The answer have I proof experience of interviews and hearings of a similar nature lead to that conclusion because the only time an Accused would fail to question his Accuser is when the Accused is already aware of the sentence .

Which in Payne's case was two weeks holiday with pay .

Secondly Snipe there is the fact that during the hearing the evidence is manipulated to support the conclusion .

Two cars collide -- going in opposite directions - which car is pushing

According to the hearing the driver without the seat belt and on the wrong side of the road is innocent if you can accept the comparison.

It's the hope that kills you.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Is that the TMO or Rum?????
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cornerfleg wrote:Is that the TMO or Rum?????
He's typing with his feet - definitely Rum.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

It's all in the bounce of a bone ....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

That dog looks intelligent.......
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gary wrote:That dog looks intelligent.......
Is it McDowell's dog ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Yeah he's just about to take Simon out for a walk ...
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

When people resort to insults they have lost the plot

Any on to Nigel as referee he has the right to ever rule the TMO and issue a card for retaliation if he believes it is necessary to maintain control of the game which is the primary function of a referee .

The offence may not in the opinion of the TMO have warranted a card but the referee is in a better position to judge the tenor of the game at the time of the offence .

The players action cause a general flair up and by emphatic action further violence was avoided .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Who wants to bet that the phrase "the tenor of the game" has never appeared in the IRB laws of the game?

Keep trying, rumn. If nothing else it's entertaining

>clapping
It's the hope that kills you.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

rumncoke wrote:When people resort to insults they have lost the plot

Any on to Nigel as referee he has the right to ever rule the TMO and issue a card for retaliation if he believes it is necessary to maintain control of the game which is the primary function of a referee .

The offence may not in the opinion of the TMO have warranted a card but the referee is in a better position to judge the tenor of the game at the time of the offence .

The players action cause a general flair up and by emphatic action further violence was avoided .

I actually agree with what rummy is on about, the incident on it's own was not worth a yellow but in Nigels eyes it was probably the last straw in a list of indiscretions hence he gave the card.
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

... don't forget people also resort to insults when all forms of rational assistance have been exhausted and have proved utterly futile, much like trying to pursued a kamikaze pilot with calm and reasoned arguments that his controls are suggesting that he alter his trajectory.

If madness is doing the same thing and expecting different results it sometimes helps not to see yourself as a victim but as a lost cause.