Benetton Rugby Vs Ulster 09/09/17 @ 17.05 BBC2NI

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Benetton Rugby Vs Ulster 09/09/17 @ 17.05 BBC2NI

Post by Dave »

Baz has nailed it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:The one good thing about the late team announcements is that it does give more limited time for moral outrage to be vented on here regarding selection.

The team for this one does not "pick itself." as there are a number of options and different priorities to focus on. Of course we all want a big win with an early lead, allowing us to take some key players off and bring on a load of nippers. However there are going to be a few guys who Kiss may want to give some game time to who may well be pretty rusty at this stage if they play, so that big early lead may not be a given.

Saturday may be a day for patience where 60 mins or more for some players like potentially Reidy, Tredders, Luke, Stockdale, Cave may be needed to secure a decent win/BP and may end up being a better build up for involvement in the Scarlets game than a shorter involvement with less intensity.

Of course if he doesn't pick Cave to start and captain and the beeb don't give him a MOTM award I expect the UAFC to go into meltdown. :stir:
I thought I'd made it abundantly clear, Cave will not be playing. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

might I also point out that there have been few stronger defenders of Tommy Bowe than me on here of late?

Albeit a coach identified Tommy as the defensive issue on one of the Cheetahs tries, I believe he might just do a great job in the centre. The rubbish about his loss of pace is just that, bullshite.

Anyone remember Comical Eddie bemoaning Tommy's lack of top end pace when he had no idea what he had at his disposal but wasn't selecting him. Maybe Shane Williams would attest to Tommy's pace. All Tommy has needed has been to get and stay fit. There is no player now nor in the last 10 years in Ireland with a better sense of where and when to arrive at an opportunity, he is pure class.

However, if you want a 13 for the big match when defending is just as important as attacking and where he has the best "try per game" ratio of any Ulster centre in recorded history, give me Cave over every other 13 prospect in the squad currently, albeit I believe young Stockcube could be a sensational 13.

Cave does not need rejuvenation, like Tommy he needs to stay fit & be selected. Anyone will remember how he got injured and agree that this is the sort of guy we need, no fear for himself to add to his other attributes, and finally, like Tommy, Cave's pace is underestimated by many. If you see the stats, you will know that.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Well we may have wildly differing opinions on players but at least we can all agree on one FACT - it will be DAY 3885 - Lest We Forget.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

My rap to diss Treviso:

Yo look at Treviso
There gonna be let go
Out of the pro 14
They will never ever be seen
Yo dawg let's get real
They neva see our steal
The ball from under their nose
We gonna give them some blows
Then score 70 points
They will wanna smoke some joints
If Cave does not get man of the match
The uafc is gonna get trashed
Yeah yeah uh uh uh
Ulster 4eva
We better forever
Get behind the team
We living the dream
Fcuk the band
FOLK
SUFTUM
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

If Cave doesn't get MOTM, I'm going to go ape sh1t.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

222toHounslow wrote:If Cave doesn't get MOTM, I'm going to go ape sh1t.
Start going apeshit then as he is not on the flight.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
I may have alluded to that once or twice. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He's not on the what?Image
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:
I may have alluded to that once or twice. Image Image Image
Well you never know till Kiss makes his mind up just before kick off
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Tommy has always been a rolls Royce rather than a sprint car. He has good top line pace but takes a while to get going hence the reason he often gets stopped in the first 15 yards. If he hits the line at pace and gets away not many catch him. Young stockcube is of a similar type except he has the advantage of youth and a little more gas.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ulster Rugby team to play Benetton Rugby, Saturday 9th September at Stadio Monigo, kick-off 6.05pm local time / 5.05pm BST, live on BBC2 NI:

(1-8): Callum Black, Rob Herring, Wiehahn Herbst, Robbie Diack, Kieran Treadwell, Matthew Rea, Sean Reidy, Jean Deysel;
(9-15): John Cooney, Christian Lealiifano, Jacob Stockdale, Stuart McCloskey, Tommy Bowe, Andrew Trimble (Captain), Louis Ludik.

Replacements (16-23): John Andrew, Andrew Warwick, Rodney Ah You, Peter Browne, Chris Henry, David Shanahan, Peter Nelson, Luke Marshall.

Toul yis.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Coetzee finished story anyone?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Ulster Rugby team to play Benetton Rugby, Saturday 9th September at Stadio Monigo, kick-off 6.05pm local time / 5.05pm BST, live on BBC2 NI:

(1-8): Callum Black, Rob Herring, Wiehahn Herbst, Robbie Diack, Kieran Treadwell, Matthew Rea, Sean Reidy, Jean Deysel;
(9-15): John Cooney, Christian Lealiifano, Jacob Stockdale, Stuart McCloskey, Tommy Bowe, Andrew Trimble (Captain), Louis Ludik.

Replacements (16-23): John Andrew, Andrew Warwick, Rodney Ah You, Peter Browne, Chris Henry, David Shanahan, Peter Nelson, Luke Marshall.

Toul yis.
Only thing of interest in that side is when he makes substitutions and who gets pulled ashore, will Luke go to 12 or 13 or will Stockdale come off and Tommy go to wing
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Nothing too surprising. What happened AOC?

Any word on the Hond?