Scarlets trilogy

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Scarlets trilogy

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Crusoe wrote:
Dave wrote:Go home Henry
Absolutely - can't tackle, poor and slow decisions putting others under pressure, can't tackle, anonymous. How much are we paying for this?
I’ve heard that with their usual sense of an even playing field, the FIRFUCs plan to engage Henry “for as long as Munster don’t need him.”
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Bring back Rodney

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

A shockingly poor performance.
Burns is very poor- offers no penetration and a mediocre to poor kicking game from hand. Every drop out or K.O. too long giving the pack no chance and the opposition time to run it back and set their line. Hospital psses all night, boys getting man and ball. Scarlets were up quickly all evening but it took lowry to dink twice in behind them into space to turn them.
Defence an embarassment. Why did Cave not start, if fit for bench, with Ludik? Cassiems burst through 4 tacklers was appalling.
Conditioning shocking. I look at other teams and indeed Nagle and we are so far off in terms of condition questions need to be asked. We constantly get outmuscled. Treadwell is a weak rubber band.
The back row, with two internationals, was outplayed. The best Saffer wasnt MC.
McFarland has a free hit season so he needs to look at the coaching staff. Dundon, Peel, Payne. I also dont see an overall improvement in our forward play, which Mcfarland should bring. Still the same one out shyte.
Speight as everyone says is a waste of money. Offers nothing and his cover for the third try a joke.
Going forward, start Lowry or Mcphillips and let them develop together. Burns is at his ceiling and not good enough.
Ditto Stewart behind Cooney. Cooney has been making the billy biy look half competent. Finally, total lack of leadership; AOC is not captain material. Why the f*ck, with a Saffer ref, did we not make MC captain?
Exterminate all rational thought
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The scrum went well
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I've said Burns wasn't up to it for a while. More plastic Paddy leftovers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:A shockingly poor performance.
Burns is very poor- offers no penetration and a mediocre to poor kicking game from hand. Every drop out or K.O. too long giving the pack no chance and the opposition time to run it back and set their line. Hospital psses all night, boys getting man and ball. Scarlets were up quickly all evening but it took lowry to dink twice in behind them into space to turn them.
Defence an embarassment. Why did Cave not start, if fit for bench, with Ludik? Cassiems burst through 4 tacklers was appalling.
Conditioning shocking. I look at other teams and indeed Nagle and we are so far off in terms of condition questions need to be asked. We constantly get outmuscled. Treadwell is a weak rubber band.
McFarland has a free hit season so he needs to look at the coaching staff. Dundon, Peel, Payne. I also dont see an overall improvement in our forward play, which Mcfarland should bring. Still the same one out shyte.
Speight as everyone says is a waste of money. Offers nothing and his cover for the third try a joke.
Going forward, start Lowry or Mcphillips and let them develop together. Burns is at his ceiling and not good enough.
Ditto Stewart behind Cooney. Cooney has been making the billy biy look half competent. Finally, total lack of leadership; AOC is not captain material. Why the f*ck, with a Saffer ref, did we not make MC captain?
Cooney? Now while I don't think Cooney has been having the outstanding season some would have you believe, outside of his kicking, he's been solid enough. Stewart isn't gonna be the one to finally be Ulster's quality homegrown scrumhalf. He'll be better than Shanahan but that's a very very low bar (one that a fair few club players manage to clear each weekend).
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

What we have, we hold.
Is Dan Dan the coaching man, getting the best out of what we have?

Sainsbury’s has 1ltr bottles of Bombay Sapphire on offer for £20.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:A shockingly poor performance.
The comment about boys man and ball - you’re on to something there mentioning boys. Ulster looked like a schools cup team with some potential talent on show, a bit of individual flair but a team that doesnt look a professional outfit who do play for a living. A team of boys outplayed by men. If scarlets didn’t knock on so much they’d have put 5 or 6 on them.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Tender wrote:What we have, we hold.

Yes. Bar Coetzee and McBurney - because he is homegrown and just out of the academy - our 1-10 were all rejects. >jawdrop
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

So the FIRFU-BOI’s pecking order is:

1. Mexico
2. Turnips also rans
3. Westies development province
4. Nordie barstewarding castoffs.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Marcell is towards the Ferris end of the physicality scale. Unfortunately, he is too close to the Caldwell end of the intelligence scale. Sad but true.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Tender wrote:What we have, we hold.

On my way
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I think I said early on that Henry was completely underwhelming, I was wrong, he’s fûck awful.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Problems (some of):
Burns, not nearly intelligent enough, good enough or consistent enough.
Speight, there's a reason why he's not in the Aussie set up.
Marcell, a player in terminal decline.

Solution:
Do whatever it takes to get Jackson back.
Jettison all the NIQs and the substandard.
Batten down the hatches for the rest of this season and next. Continue to invest in the youngsters who are doing all right.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and have a good summer.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

To think the squad had too much talent to allow Pienaar to stay. What a stabilising influence he could have been yesterday.

Nuciwank is clueless.