Ulster v Connacht

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

SUFTUM_19
Novice

Re: Ulster v Connacht

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Reckon it’ll be Sutherland, Herring, JTA, AOC, Treadwell, McCann, Timoney, Vermeulen, Cooney, Burns, Stockdale, McCloskey, Hume, Baloucoune, Lowry
Subs - Stewart, O’Sullivan, Warwick, Carter, Sheridan, Doak, Moore, Gilroy
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Neill_M wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 2:47 pm John Andrew with ankle injury v Munster A, joins the injury list.

Addison (Lower Leg), Henderson (forearm), Matty Rea and Reffell (ankle), Moore (knee) and TOT (calf).
Maybe we could use one of them for spare parts?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

SUFTUM_19 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:19 pm Reckon it’ll be Sutherland, Herring, JTA, AOC, Treadwell, McCann, Timoney, Vermeulen, Cooney, Burns, Stockdale, McCloskey, Hume, Baloucoune, Lowry
I think that'll be pretty close but for my money I'd have Marshall for Hume and Sheridan starting with mccann on the bench. I'm also in the camp that likes Moore at FB so would be happy for him to start there.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

allezlesverres wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:53 pm
SUFTUM_19 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:19 pm Reckon it’ll be Sutherland, Herring, JTA, AOC, Treadwell, McCann, Timoney, Vermeulen, Cooney, Burns, Stockdale, McCloskey, Hume, Baloucoune, Lowry
I think that'll be pretty close but for my money I'd have Marshall for Hume and Sheridan starting with mccann on the bench. I'm also in the camp that likes Moore at FB so would be happy for him to start there.
Pretty much my thoughts AV. We can't risk Hume in the hope of finding form. If Lukes fit, he starts imo. Plug n play Warrior soul, and defence critical. I'd go Rea tbh, with Sheridan and MCann benching but its moot. Agree ref Moore starting FB, with Hume/ Lowry bench.
Exterminate all rational thought
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

allezlesverres wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:53 pm
Yea I agree I would make those changes too and would have Marcus Rea in the mix, but going off what Dan has picked this season I think this is what it’s more likely to be.
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

1) Sutherland
2) Herring
3) Allen
4) Treadwell
5) O’Connor
6) Rea Jn
7) Timoney
8) Vermulen
9) Cooney
10) Burns
11) Stockdale
12) McCloskey
13) Marshall
14) Baloucoune
15) Moore

Stewart, O’Sullivan, Warwick, Sheridan, McCann, Doak, Mcilroy, Lowry
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Do we know why RS has been conspicuous by his absence for the last two games?

Is he even still here?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:32 pm Between 2 and 4 depending on squad availability for Ourselves, Stormers and Weegies. Interchangeable- home advantage also significant. Weegies no2 ATM imo- pity they will face Leireland away in all likelihood and may be focussed on Toulon ( whom I think they will beat.) Weegies have been the stealth team.
Do the Stormers have a good squad?

Only lose a few to the Boks and the stiffs didn’t look too hot up here for their 5 points at the end of Jan.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Yeah, for all the talk of the sharks squad, ulster sent down a 2nd string side and beat them. Almost changed the entire team and beat Cardiff a week later.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

justinr73 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:54 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:32 pm Between 2 and 4 depending on squad availability for Ourselves, Stormers and Weegies. Interchangeable- home advantage also significant. Weegies no2 ATM imo- pity they will face Leireland away in all likelihood and may be focussed on Toulon ( whom I think they will beat.) Weegies have been the stealth team.
Do the Stormers have a good squad?

Only lose a few to the Boks and the stiffs didn’t look too hot up here for their 5 points at the end of Jan.
They're the champions?

Also this was the geographical disadvantage I talked about. They prioritised games, lost Roos, had Boks rested etc. Dobson is also a very smart coach.
Exterminate all rational thought
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

The big problem the boks have is around coaching. If any of them applied the technical and tactical nous of european rugby they would be a lot stronger. Imagine if the stormers or Sharks had a Lancaster type coach. Have any SA side ever had a non SA coach? It could be the next opportunity for some northern hemisphere coaches.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:59 am The big problem the boks have is around coaching. If any of them applied the technical and tactical nous of european rugby they would be a lot stronger. Imagine if the stormers or Sharks had a Lancaster type coach. Have any SA side ever had a non SA coach? It could be the next opportunity for some northern hemisphere coaches.
True, the Stormers had Leinster 3rd XV on the rack so to speak, but were clueless when they had to play into the strong wind that night at the RDS. Were fortunate to get the draw.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster v Connacht

Kingspan Stadium, Belfast – KO 19.35 IRE & UK / 20.35 ITA & SA

Referee: Andrew Brace (IRFU, 88th league game)
AR 1: Frank Murphy (IRFU) AR 2: Eoghan Cross (IRFU)
TMO: Brian MacNeice (IRFU)
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Ffs why have local refs when there is the entire panel to choose from. Brace and Murphy on the same pitch, good help us.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Didn’t Murphy play for Connacht?
How the f&ck could he possibly be a referee or assistant in this game?