Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by justinr73 »

Anyone expecting the lads to seriously undermine and/or jeopardize the relationship between UR and the BT needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

I've followed a side that fell out with the local rag and it benefits nobody and is ultimately unsustainable.

Similarly, they're not there to fight your battles for you either.

In essence, we're talking about what is essentially a light-hearted podcast aimed at fans of rugby in Ulster and the Irish international team.

I've listened to them all and generally enjoy them, particularly the balance and perspective provided at times by JB. This week, for instance, and in no way being an attempt to paper over the cracks, it was noted that Ulster's win percentage has been better this season than it has been in seasons that were considered to be relatively successful.

If you'd rather listen to angry, negative, slaggings off then there's probably plenty of footage of 1F on Youtube that you can play on repeat.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Afraid of losing their accreditation

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I've heard it all now. We can't expect the local journos to upset the CEO. Ok then.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

We also have to remember that the vast majority don't give a damn
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

justinr73 wrote:Anyone expecting the lads to seriously undermine and/or jeopardize the relationship between UR and the BT needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

I've followed a side that fell out with the local rag and it benefits nobody and is ultimately unsustainable.

In essence, we're talking about what is essentially a light-hearted podcast aimed at fans of rugby in Ulster and the Irish international team.

I've listened to them all and generally enjoy them, particularly the balance and perspective provided at times by JB. This week, for instance, and in no way being an attempt to paper over the cracks, it was noted that Ulster's win percentage has been better this season than it has been in seasons that were considered to be relatively successful.

If you'd rather listen to angry, negative, slaggings off then there's probably plenty of footage of 1F on Youtube that you can play on repeat.
I don't know where to start with this.
I've got to wake up and smell the coffee?

All I can see is a province being run into the dirt that is currently struggling for top level European rugby and never looked like getting in the playoffs.
We haven't won anything for well over a decade now and that's not changing anytime soon.

We have an exodus of players including the three top ones we gave up and our shortfall is currently being covered by Leinster.

We currently have 3 regular homegrown players at Ulster in the Irish squad.

Our coaching set up and appointments are completely confounding as we make astro physics seem less complicated.
Our treatment of coaches has been appalling.

From a club that used to attract the world's best we have only recently signed Piatau in that bracket who jumped ship at the first chance.
Go figure.

Look at Saracens now and remember it was only a few years ago that we went into an HEC qf as favourites to beat them.
That's where we should and could be given our resources.

So what exactly would you be positive about apart from a nice stadium?
I'd love to be on whatever trip youre on.

As regards journalists not expected to ruffle feathers think David Walsh and his relentless pursuit of Lance Armstrongs cheating.
Thank goodness the likes of him knows what proper journalism is.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The influence and import of print journalism these days is so miniscule as to render it virtually meaningless.

TV and to a much lesser extent social media is all that really matters.

I don't think I've paid for a paper for over 10 years.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Liz Fraser wrote:
justinr73 wrote:Anyone expecting the lads to seriously undermine and/or jeopardize the relationship between UR and the BT needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

All I can see is a province being run into the dirt that is currently struggling for top level European rugby and never looked like getting in the playoffs.
We haven't won anything for well over a decade now and that's not changing anytime soon.

We have an exodus of players including the three top ones we gave up and our shortfall is currently being covered by Leinster.

Our coaching set up and appointments are completely confounding as we make astro physics seem less complicated.

From a club that used to attract the world's best we have only recently signed Piatau in that bracket who jumped ship at the first chance.
Go figure.

Look at Saracens now and remember it was only a few years ago that we went into an HEC qf as favourites to beat them.

As regards journalists not expected to ruffle feathers think David Walsh and his relentless pursuit of Lance Armstrongs cheating.
That's all well and good Liz but the point you seem to be missing by some considerable distance is that we're not talking about the Sunday Times, nor so far as I'm aware, was Saracens' success down to the Barnet Chronicle.

Further, I don't think JB and the boys harbour ambitions to be the next Woodward and Bernstein.

It's a podcast.

It's sporting light-entertainment.

If you don't like it, don't listen (although, of course, you'd have missed your question being read out last night).

Needless to say, we all fervently hope that you posting your misgivings on here will rapidly lead to nothing short of world domination and we can all live happily ever after.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Win percentage... wow there Nelly.. heavy stuff right there. Did they mention the record number of tries conceded? Falling attendances? Daveism?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

justinr73 wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:

Go figure.

That's all well and good Liz but the point you seem to be missing by some considerable distance is that we're not talking about the Sunday Times, nor so far as I'm aware, was Saracens' success down to the Barnet Chronicle.

Further, I don't think JB and the boys harbour ambitions to be the next Woodward and Bernstein.

It's a podcast.

If you don't like it, don't listen (although, of course, you'd have missed your question being read out last night).

Needless to say, we all fervently hope that you posting your misgivings on here will rapidly lead to nothing short of world domination and we can all live happily ever after.
Has there been a new podcast?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

The BT destroyed any relationship they had with the supporters after they turned a difficult situation into a soap opera. They have a lot to answer for with regards to the treatment of two of our own.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

[quote="Tender"]Win percentage... wow there Nelly.. heavy stuff right there. Did they mention the record number of tries conceded? Falling attendances? Daveism?[/quote

Why do so many people seem to think that the lads ought to be the poster boys for the anti-Logan movement (or anti-the band, anti-the stout or whatever it is this week)?

I've seen numerous managers and boards removed as a direct consequence of fans mobilising themselves, as opposed to throwing their toys out of the pram, sitting at home and cutting their noses off to spite their face whilst whingeing about the contents of a podcast (no mean feat tbf).
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Jackie Brown wrote:
The BT destroyed any relationship they had with the supporters after they turned a difficult situation into a soap opera. They have a lot to answer for with regards to the treatment of two of our own.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I can fully understand that view Jackie.

I thought the article by the political editor, or whatever she is, was lacking in nuance, balance and any journalistic merit whatsoever (as well as being hypocritical if you look into her background).

Taking the few quid for the advert was a very short-sighted commercial decision to say the least.

Equally, I don't hold the lads responsible for any of that.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Podcast won't play properly. May I congratulate Adam & co on their précis of Ulster Rugby.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

justinr73 wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:

Go figure.

It's a podcast.

Absolute nonsense Justin as I've said before they have absolutely hammered Shane Logans interview as being a press release.
They have previous for calling them out and I want to to know why they stopped.

Also this idea that a pod cast has to be light entertainment is hogwash.
It can be anything you want it to be.
That's the point of it.

Theres feck all entertaining about Ulster this year.
I challenged you to find something positive currently about Ulster Rugby.
I'm still waiting
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I listened to JB pointing out that Logan hid his scripted interview. That was a legitimate observation made by an UR rugby correspondent and it led to JB being granted to an audience with our leader.

That it is not the same as going for the organisation with scant regard for the consequences and you’re being surprisingly naive if you think that’s ever going to happen.

For what it’s worth, i’ve had very entertaining trips to Edinburgh, Treviso and Quins this season, thank you very much, but, in terms of positives, and aside from the continued development of a superstar in the making, we’ve seen Cooney out-perform Ruan (or at least out-stat him), Timoney start to impose himself and the emergence of plenty of new blood too.

Hadn’t you noticed?