TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

theundercoverspark
Novice

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by theundercoverspark »

Looks like Pocock may be heading to Wasps
Exclusive: Wasps hoping to make David Pocock the highest paid player in the world
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... layer.html
theundercoverspark
Novice

Post by theundercoverspark »

BR wrote:Any chance we could get him an A cap before he goes?
cap.png
cap.png (34.41 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
:thumleft:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

kingofthehill wrote:Scholes will come back a better player after his stint away.
Well that will be a first then.

#thegoodonesnevercomeback
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

theundercoverspark wrote:Looks like Pocock may be heading to Wasps
Exclusive: Wasps hoping to make David Pocock the highest paid player in the world
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... layer.html
Wasps

Desperate

Surprised Bath aren't trying to sign up more backrow players
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

So is that Ulster finished with their recruitment for next season in terms of new arrivals? Many more contract renewals to be announced?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Probably 1 more backrow.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

You know what Stu, I hate to lose anyone who sows an ounce of talent - incidentally that excludes all the IQs signed last season, every man jack of them - but there is an issue. PLayer costs are rising quicker than income, or so I hear, so in possitions of relative strength, the likelihood is that a decent player or two will go.

Remember that guy Tommy Seymour? Always liked Tommy but it didn't cause me sleepless nights when he left. Seems to have done rightly. So will Scholes if he goes, and in a couple of years, with a couple of stars coming closer to the end and Charless maybe heading home, we will regret the loss but the accountant will be happy.

C'est la vie.
Indeed, I suppose it is a tricky one balancing contracts and we have done really well keeping our centres by the looks of things. Plus we will get to see if Stockdale can make the step up [seems very raw but with a lot of potential]. I just hope Tommy comes back strong!
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Ladyboy forum users discussing possibility of Conan moving to Ulster courtesy of Nucifora directive.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

caledoniancelt wrote:Ladyboy forum users discussing possibility of Conan moving to Ulster courtesy of Nucifora directive.
Much as I doubt it will happen, you can see the logic for a guy absolutely nowhere close to ousting Heaslip who irritatingly for those looking to fill his jumper, seems more or less indestructible. I think those of us outside The Pale sometimes underestimate him, both in quality and as an ever present who hates being "rested".

Would be marvellous, but I take it more or less with the same inch of salt I used for "Jack McGrath to Ulster". :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Conan would be a huge coup. I have heard that Timoney will break through next year.

Apparently in Leinster academy there is only one person for one position. Van der Flier and Timoney were battling it out at the time. Ulster then took Timoney.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Timoney is only in his first year at the Academy so if he's potentially breaking through next season then he must be good.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

David O'Connor intrigues me. 6'3" 16.5 stone and in the Leinster academy as a lock.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Snipe Watson wrote:David O'Connor intrigues me. 6'3" 16.5 stone and in the Leinster academy as a lock.
Brother of our own Alan I believe.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ruckover wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:David O'Connor intrigues me. 6'3" 16.5 stone and in the Leinster academy as a lock.
when he's
Brother of our own Alan I believe.
That's him. How is a guy that size in as a lock? He must have some game.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

ruckover wrote:Timoney is only in his first year at the Academy so if he's potentially breaking through next season then he must be good.
It was pointed out to me that 5 Leinster underage backrows played for Ireland under-20 last year,

1 is in the Leinster academy(Josh Murphy) – Leinster u18/19/20)
1 is in the Ulster academy(Nick Timoney – Leinster u18/19/20)
1 is in the Munster academy(Conor Oliver – Leinster u18/19/20)
2 are in the Connacht academy(Rory Moloney – Leinster u18 & Steve McVeigh – Leinster u18/u19)

at such a young age with relatively unkown roof height potential there is no way Leinster will pick the right man to stay everytime, if it's true they can only keep one in each position.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18