Irel;and v France

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

OneMore
Warrior Chief

Re: Irel;and v France

Post by OneMore »

BR wrote:We were bloody lucky tonight. A team with more smarts would have milked a peno at the last scrum.

But what was it they said after the first big turnover - fan f***in tastic!
Was it not 'out-f*cking-standing'?

It was one of them southerners though, so feck knows what he said.
loosehead1984
Initiate

Post by loosehead1984 »

Rooster wrote:Joe also mentioned Henshaw and Cave as being in the mix for the 13 shirt
Joe's actions will speak louder than his words. Time will tell if he actually translates the talent we have in this Island into future Championships and maybe even World Cup success.

I'll enjoy this day for a bit to come, even though the sight of the Quiff on stage did my head in!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Nice little 1F impression by nipper Henderson at the end!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Anyone have links to the post match interviews?
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Stand up AAT >appl

Quiffy did alright in extremely trying circumstances to be fair.

A few other boys had the head staggers at the death though - you know who you are Mr Kearney.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

big mervyn wrote:Stand up AAT >appl

Quiffy did alright in extremely trying circumstances to be fair.

A few other boys had the head staggers at the death though - you know who you are Mr Kearney.
+1

terrific game. Could have went either way. Fair play to Joe for rolling on the subs - don't think I would have been that brave. Trimble has made me eat my words this championship. Tremendous Championship for him. POC was pretty immense out there and Best did very well at set-piece. His Darts have been superb this 6N.

I reckon Ireland for a slam next year.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

loosehead1984 wrote:
Rooster wrote:Joe also mentioned Henshaw and Cave as being in the mix for the 13 shirt
Joe's actions will speak louder than his words. Time will tell if he actually translates the talent we have in this Island into future Championships and maybe even World Cup success.

I'll enjoy this day for a bit to come, even though the sight of the Quiff on stage did my head in!
Joe and the squad delivered the goods and that is it. Anything else is myopic begrudgery
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Well said Snipe and the man's name is Ian Madigan and he acquitted himself very well.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Joe's faith in his bench is quite remarkable. Tough short game for Marty Moore because it was the first time the scrum had gone back all night but as the man said, he will be better for the experience.

Credit to Cian Healy, has it in him to become the greatest Irish prop ever
Credit to Rory Best, forget his considerable skills, it's just that he makes you proud to be an Ulsterman
Credit to cowardly fat Mike Ross, he has been an absolute bloody rock.
Credit to Devin Toner, I take it all back, a proper rugby player
Credit to POC, a true legend who makes his team-mates afraid to let him down, he was immense today.
Credit to POM, g'wan ya thrait grabbin' ligind. Great series of matches
Credit to Chris Henry, still under-rated in de sout' be they are learning, never less than excellent, fought like King Bill.
Credit to Jamie Heaslip, a better player when not captain, 80 minute man these days.
Credit to Conor Murray, by miles the best 9 in Ireland - Ruan excepted - surely there can;t still be idiots here who doubt him, great play to put Andy in & also Sexton's 2nd.
Credit to Jon Sexton, learn to kick mate but 4 tries in 2 games? Legend, go back to Mexico.
Credit to Better than Average Dave Kearney, I doubted him & he looked a little naive at times but well done mate.
Credit to Gordy "I've a career as a Roger Casement lookylikey" D'Arcy, still idiots here down understand but he has bought so much time for our breakdown players with his strength & experience.
Credit to Brian O'Driscoll, a great man who has been a privilege to watch since I heard rumours of this genius coming through at Leinster, well deserved accolades & has had the good grace to laugh at his final two MOTM awards.
Credit to Andrew Trimble, has come back into the Irish team with a bang, three tries but more importantly he has been a superb catcher, kick chaser tackler & has gone looking for the ball, delighted for him.
Credit to Rob Kearney, I remember his face during the anthems against NZ, boy he looked seriously up for it, played very well & has done so all through the 6Ns.

Credit to all the guys who have come off the bench and everyone has contributed, hats off to all of them, Hendy, GP, Big Dan, the Leinster front row, Reddan & Boss, McFadden & even Quiff today who was solid.

Credit to Joe Schmidt, winning this has staved off the fools who would have said 3 home wins against teams we should beat, so what? A plague on all their houses, he has made such a difference to all the squad and those who never quite made the match day 23.

I know of one previously disillusioned Ulsterman who now can't wait to get down to the Ireland squad sessions, and he didn't make a 23 so no, not Angry. The change is immense, so much much credit to Joe.

But in the background, talked of a bit but remaining unseen sits John Plumtree, what a job he has done with the Irish pack.

Fantastic day, bitter experience made me doubt they would do it when the chips were down BUT things are different, we now have two & maybe more of the world's really really good coaches. Hard to overlook how goodthat defence was Credit to Les Kiss.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pythagoras wrote:Well said Snipe and the man's name is Ian Madigan and he acquitted himself very well.
Don't presume to lecture us here Piarse, he's feckin' Quiff & he's a Mexican, and like many other Mexicans tonight, represented the 4 proud provinces very well today. Top man Quiff :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
pythagoras wrote:Well said Snipe and the man's name is Ian Madigan and he acquitted himself very well.
Don't presume to lecture us here Piarse, he's feckin' Quiff & he's a Mexican, and like many other Mexicans tonight, represented the 4 proud provinces very well today. Top man Quiff :thumleft:
I don't throw pearls to swine.
I'll take that as an apology of sorts. :stout:
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Credit to Baggy: first class post.
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Oh what a wonderful day. It has been a long time waiting for this win in Paris and I am just do delighted we have now got it. The difference this time is we have a solid coach in place so we can push on, unlike in 2000. That is what I want to see now. We have the players.....OK BOD is gone......and there is no reason we can't look forward with confidence.

I think Joe did a good job there in his interview as well. He gave Trimble his instructions back when he took over about what he needed to do to make it in this Ireland team and he has bloody well done everything required and then some and has both the reward of a championship as well as the increased self-belief and praise of the Irish rugby community. It shows all the other players in Ireland not currently in this squad what they need to do to be successful. It is very positive.

Similarly his comments about looking for the new 13. Some clowns are saying moronic things like "duh genius, like we didn't know this" etc but what he is actually saying is that he has a blank canvas and everybody with the aspiration has the opportunity to draw the brush. Brilliant stuff.

BOD bows out now with a second championship and you'd want to be some bitter c**t to try and say he doesn't deserve that.

But also some of the other leading elder statesmen who have been around this team a long time are getting what they deserve for years of wonderful service, Best, POC and Darcy.

My belief never wavered for a second in this game. :D

Gwan ya fecking good things.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pythagoras wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
I don't throw pearls to swine.
I'll take that as an apology of sorts. :stout:
Imbecile. :duh:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:Oh what a wonderful day.
Can you imagine how good it would be for you if you'd had 1F returning last night too? >EW