Munster v Ulster Sat Jan 8th 7:35pm KO RTE/Premier Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat Jan 8th 7:35pm KO RTE/Premier Sports

Post by kingofthehill »

Treadwell had a howler with tackle he got yellow card and for J’OD break. Two huge moments.

Munster are absolutely dreadful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:26 pm I’d be interested to know why Hume was taken off.

Some kind of minutes thing or something to do with him goading Coombes a moment before?
Felt like he was running away from a yellow card that wasn’t coming.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

germcevoy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:25 pm
Loki wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:23 pm
germcevoy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:21 pm That Doak penalty should have went into the corner. We’d have only fudged the line out no doubt.
Given the chance to change the decision after the tomfoolery with moving the tee too - felt like an out at the time.
I’m no rugby player but surely a player knows if he has that range? But then why isn’t the captain saying bury that deep in the corner?
Doak understandably treads a fine line with overconfidence and sometimes gives the impression he thinks he's the finished article already... I'd like the captain to step in and go for the corner. Higher potential gain, more time in the opponents red zone and worst case scenario runs the clock down. But there's plenty more reasons why we lost in fairness.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Hard to blame the referee even if he was an idiot, but that last free kick should have been a full penalty. Munster had conceded free kick at scrum earlier, so shirley second one should have been full penalty?

Prob wouldn't have mattered.

I wonder if Ulster won the match that Ferris was watching though?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Carter, Treadwell, Burns, Jones and Moxham were passengers. Can’t beat Munster like that.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:26 pm I’d be interested to know why Hume was taken off.

Some kind of minutes thing or something to do with him goading Coombes a moment before?
Protecting him for next week? If so a very poor call.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:26 pm Treadwell had a howler with tackle he got yellow card and for J’OD break. Two huge moments.

I'm not a Carter fan but that was a depressingly decisive Cameo from KT alright.

The plan with ball in hand was not visible from my armchair... And got worse as we went along. Serious questions to be asked re long term fly half, as ever.

Thought Rea showed up when he got the chance.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Wonder what John Andrew has done to Dan?

Rob had a good game, but was out on his feet at the end - shirley Andrew could have been trusted for 10 minutes rather than waiting until Rob fell off that tackle when they scored.

NB, I'm not blaming Rob Herring, but clearly the coaching staff are relying on him to play 70-75 minutes or more every match which is a big ask.
I'm not arguing -
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Loki wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:26 pm Treadwell had a howler with tackle he got yellow card and for J’OD break. Two huge moments.

I'm not a Carter fan but that was a depressingly decisive Cameo from KT alright.

The plan with ball in hand was not visible from my armchair... And got worse as we went along. Serious questions to be asked re long term fly half, as ever.

Why on earth they kept kicking the ball to Haley when he fielded every single ball is beyond me.

Burns has went backwards at a rate of knots. Struggling to see what he brings now.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Totally wrecked watching that!

No comment I will leave this to the experts!
#Depressed
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

StandUp wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:28 pm Carter, Treadwell, Burns, Jones and Moxham were passengers. Can’t beat Munster like that.
Not far wrong, but tbf Carter did make a couple of big tackles when they were banging away at our line in the first half . . . which of course is what he's meant to do.
I'm not arguing -
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Loki wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:30 pm

Silly tackle for the yellow but I reckon he slipped for the JOD break.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:12 pm Beirne MOTM if we hold on or not?
Said before half-time that if Munster win, it'll be on the back of a MotM performance from Beirne. He was immense and seemed to single-handedly turn it for Munster.... There aren't many more well-deserved awards than that one. You can see why Scarlets, when they had him and John Barclay (along with Steff Evans), won the Pro14 ....

As JVjean said, what about Lowry's cross-kick ?

And as has been said, Moxham is no McCloskey (as yet). Once again, we missed not just the bull-dozing ground gained but also the subtle hands to put Hume away.

As for Doak, well, he did seem to learn that it was there at the back of the ruck to be dug out. Apart from that, not his fault.

More disappointed by that result that Connacht or Ospreys - we knew that we had to compete and win up front and in a 65 minute 8 v 8 match we didn't do it.
Last edited by WestDr on Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:35 pm
Loki wrote:

Why on earth they kept kicking the ball to Haley when he fielded every single ball is beyond me.

Burns has went backwards at a rate of knots. Struggling to see what he brings now.

Not a thing. Either shovels the ball on aimlessly or hoofs it away quickly in case he gets hit.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

No individual cost the game but having a totally and literally ineffective ten is such a hindrance. Consistently poor with no apparent consequences.

An infuriating game to watch.