Sat Jan 21 8pm Ulster v Sale BT Sport 2 / beIN SPORTS / SuperSport / FloRugby

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Sat Jan 21 8pm Ulster v Sale BT Sport 2 / beIN SPORTS / SuperSport / FloRugby

Post by big mervyn »

Cormac wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:41 pm Fairly certain it was the same last year. It’s how Leinster got home advantage v Toulouse in the semi final.
They usually wait to see where Ulster are going to finish and then amend the rules accordingly to ensure we are disadvantaged to the max >EW

Quite a few Sharks fans about.

Quite a sweet bonus that we also knocked them out after the debacle over there.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Sat Jan 21 8pm Ulster v Sale BT Sport 2 / beIN SPORTS / SuperSport / FloRugby

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Can safely say that's the first time the crowd has shown up at Ravenhill this season!

About fkn time 16th man!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Would agree, but also might be the first time the team gave us a reason to show up? Little tipsy to be fair, but really enjoyed that game.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:46 pm Can safely say that's the first time the crowd has shown up at Ravenhill this season!

About fkn time 16th man!
There tends to be more alcohol on board for Sat games. I think that helped.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:52 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:46 pm Can safely say that's the first time the crowd has shown up at Ravenhill this season!

About fkn time 16th man!
There tends to be more alcohol on board for Sat games. I think that helped.
There does >burp Guilty!
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:46 am
allezlesverres wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:14 pm
HammerTime wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:54 pm Will ravenhill turn up this week? Atmosphere was brutal v Munster.
The crowd have definitely been more reserved but it's a chicken and egg scenario. The crowd need something to celebrate, other than stockdale catching a high ball. We aren't like the soccer fans who have nothing to celebrate save occasional throw ins and corners. We are used to seeing Ulster occasionally play well and when they do, ravenhill is always deafening. If Hume shoots out after the kick off and smashes the catcher into next week, the crowd will cheer til they're hoarse all match.
Point taken, however if the crowd could actually manage to SUFTUM for at least until a few seconds after kick off (managed a lot longer not so long ago), it might motivate a player to smash the catcher into the middle of next week thereafter.

There's almost a noise vacuum before kick off nowadays.
Duane must read the forum!
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ulster have lost 3 group games and not very convincing despite a win today.

Getting hoked out the gate. We will be rusty after the 6N break.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Him running that drop out back was my highlight of the game
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:30 pm
Cormac wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:15 pm
StandUp wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:07 pm
I would say Leinster are fairly pi*sed that they have managed to get Ulster in last 16 when you look at the likes of Montpellier, Ospreys, Leicester and Stormers (don’t travel) on that side of the table.

Throw in that Ulster have very few involved in 6Nations, plenty of rest and time together.

I would far rather play Leinster at Aviva than Sarries or Exeter.

All in all I’m very, very quietly confident we could cause an upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we can muster that intensity again, then an upset could happen. Unfortunately, when Ulster try to get psyched up for a match, too often they play like headless chickens.
If they can control their emotions then maybe…
IF we win does that mean the rest of our matches would be in Ireland??

No. Highest seed gets home advantage in the knockout phase. Ulster will be away from home in any game they play in this competition from now on.
That’s annoying. Was that changed this year, don’t know why I had that in my head.

Winner of Leinster Vs Ulster plays

Round of 16 tie between - Number 4-ranked club in Pool B v Number 5-ranked club in Pool A

That's looking like Tigers Vs Harlequins if remaining fixtures go to form.

If a Saffer team has home advantage in semi final, the match is to be played in Europe. Special dispensation may be given if they're playing another Saffer team.
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

All 8 URC teams are in the last 16
Big Neville Southall
horslips
Initiate

Post by horslips »

About fkn time 16th man!
Well I've just worked its almost 4 years since I've been at Ravers. Enjoyed that.
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

There is no reason for this next game not to be at the aviva. If the IRFU do not insist on this then it will show 100% that leinster dictate the decisions.
We deserve some payback for the La rochelle debacle.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

by the by
would the plonker waving the Japanese flag ( just cos its red and white??) watch The Railway Man , on BBC1 at the minute , telling the story of a survivor of the Burma Railway...............
If there is no moving on..............
We might try to forgive and forget, but waving the flag around is, imo, disrespectful
My old BB captain was a prisoner of the Japanese; really incredible stories
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Bobbievee wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:22 am by the by
would the plonker waving the Japanese flag ( just cos its red and white??) watch The Railway Man , on BBC1 at the minute , telling the story of a survivor of the Burma Railway...............
If there is no moving on..............
We might try to forgive and forget, but waving the flag around is, imo, disrespectful
My old BB captain was a prisoner of the Japanese; really incredible stories
Who could it be :scratch: (See the Totally Inappropriate thread)

Bizarrely, the fleg w@nkers (my daughter's epithet) were also sporting a Vietnam fleg today (yellow star on a red background) first used by the Viet Minh, the communist group led by Ho Chi Minh created in opposition to the Japanese occupation in 1941.

Does this cancel out the fleg of Imperial Japan? Probably not.

Sale fans in front of us had an Albanian fleg. :scratch:
Last edited by big mervyn on Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:35 am There is no reason for this next game not to be at the aviva. If the IRFU do not insist on this then it will show 100% that leinster dictate the decisions.
We deserve some payback for the La rochelle debacle.
about £700k would suffice
Big Neville Southall